Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I cannot get Eir sports activated on T.V.

Options
  • 24-08-2016 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

Good afternoon.   I am both a Sky TV customer and an Eir telephone/broadband customer.

I already have Setanta sports on one T.V. but not on the second one.    I tried online to get Eir sports but to no avail.    | went through all the motions and all seemed okay.    That was last week and Eir sports has still not come through on the second T.V.   As I already have Setanta sports on one T.V. I am unable to tell if Eir sport has come through on that one.  

I tried again online a few days later and a notice on the screen told me that I had already availed of the service.    Yes, but it did not work!

I rang Eir last night and to be honest the girl on the phone had no idea what i was talking about and just kept referring me to the website which was very frustrating.

Can you please advise as to how I can get Eir sports on both televisions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

If you're trying to access it via a Sky box, just log onto the eir Sport site and add in the Sky viewing card numbers - here

Should come through almost immediately after that. I did both of my boxes separately and have it on both now since

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Thanks Kaiser but I did that last week and still nothing!    Tried again yesterday evening and same message, that I have availed of this service.   That may be true but still no Sports!

Edited to add that I see you inserted details for both boxes separately. Will try this later and see if it works. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

gypsylee wrote: »
    Good afternoon.   I am both a Sky TV customer and an Eir telephone/broadband customer.

I already have Setanta sports on one T.V. but not on the second one.    I tried online to get Eir sports but to no avail.    | went through all the motions and all seemed okay.    That was last week and Eir sports has still not come through on the second T.V.   As I already have Setanta sports on one T.V. I am unable to tell if Eir sport has come through on that one.  

I tried again online a few days later and a notice on the screen told me that I had already availed of the service.    Yes, but it did not work!

I rang Eir last night and to be honest the girl on the phone had no idea what i was talking about and just kept referring me to the website which was very frustrating.

Can you please advise as to how I can get Eir sports on both televisions?

Thanks.
    Hi  gypsylee,

I'm sorry to hear this, _Kaiser_ is correct you would need to register your Sky card details. 
    Did you get set up in the end?

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Hi Pamela,

No still not set up.   I did register my Sky card details for both televisions.    

Do I need to enter both cards separately as I gave details for both at the same time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

gypsylee wrote: »
    Hi Pamela,

No still not set up.   I did register my Sky card details for both televisions.    

Do I need to enter both cards separately as I gave details for both at the same time?
    This seems to be the problem gypsylee, both card details would need to be registered separately.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement