Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identify weed/plant

Options
  • 24-08-2016 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Found this weed or plant growing in my garden this summer and i kind of like it so i'm hoping it's not a weed:) Anybody have any ideas? It looked like a vegetable before it flowered. The flower is lovely i think.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Let's settle on it being a wildflower. And lovely it is.

Looks a bit like Mullein to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,451 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes I was going to say Verbascum, which is the same as Mullein. They can grow very big - we used call them Cathedral flowers when we got some growing in the garden - they were 6 to 8 ft tall!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Thank you. I think you are right. It seems to be a biennial. It's a lovely flower and even the foliage was quite attractive before it flowered. I might collect some seeds from it and grow elsewhere.

http://livingafield.com/Plants_Mullein.htm

Advertisement