Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment blocks in Limerick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Solo89

Hi all - slightly off topic but back to original theme of the thread. Is steamboat quay really that bad ? I am under the impression that while mount Kenneth and a few complexes directly behind steamboat quay on the dock road are quite bad, that the ones out front opposite the clarion are fine ? Also given Riverpoint is quite sought after and is then literally 2 minutes walk from steamboat quay, can one say steamboat quay area is awful but that riverpoint is fine ? Just looking for thoughts as am going to rent an apt in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Solo89 wrote: »
    Hi all - slightly off topic but back to original theme of the thread. Is steamboat quay really that bad ? I am under the impression that while mount Kenneth and a few complexes directly behind steamboat quay on the dock road are quite bad, that the ones out front opposite the clarion are fine ? Also given Riverpoint is quite sought after and is then literally 2 minutes walk from steamboat quay, can one say steamboat quay area is awful but that riverpoint is fine ? Just looking for thoughts as am going to rent an apt in the area

My sister used to rent one of them years ago and she never had any complaints likewise with a friend of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

I was in the top floor or the complex and hadn't any complaints, really liked the location and the price too! The people there were very friendly and seemed to be a mix from young families to students, sometimes could be noisy on the Saturday from house parties but what place isn't, great little garden on the top too

dave 27 wrote: »
    I was in the top floor or the complex and hadn't any complaints, really liked the location and the price too! The people there were very friendly and seemed to be a mix from young families to students, sometimes could be noisy on the Saturday from house parties but what place isn't, great little garden on the top too
    Thanks @ dave27. That sounds great, as it is the top floor part with the garden that I am looking at! Any other comments from living there, for example were the apartments any colder than the norm? would you have said that the apartment quality was of a decent standard? any info useful, thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

No problem, we were at the back overlooking the docks so we had a big window and balcony meaning we got a lot of sun so it was warm during the summer months but cool enough during the winter months, was very cheap to heat tho and for the rent we payed you get what you pay for I guess, standard wasn't great but again you get what you pay for, it was adequate I guess. What I would say is the space was the same as a 3 bed semi, very spacious living area so If the radiators are working I'd go for them, out of interest what side of the apartment block is it?

• Advertisement

Thanks Dave. Yes it's one at the back on the dock road side. Windows large so can see why would be warm when sun is out. Good to hear your comments, they sound positive overall. As you said very spacious, one is never going to be properly able to heat a place properly with storage heaters anyway. I think it's a winner. My main concern was just the area given people were saying to stay clear of steamboat quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

The area is fine. I'm living near there and there's no issues at all. I wouldn't want to be living in Steamboat Quay itself but that's because of the quality of apartment there. It's not about the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Does anyone know anything about the apartments at the top of Lord Edward Street, here, adjacent to the People's Park? (above the pharmacy and medical centre; I don't even know the name of the building)

I've been idly tracking stuff on Daft in/near the city centre for the last year or two but I've never seen any of these come up, either for rent or sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

peckerhead wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about the apartments at the top of Lord Edward Street, here, adjacent to the People's Park? (above the pharmacy and medical centre; I don't even know the name of the building)

I've been idly tracking stuff on Daft in/near the city centre for the last year or two but I've never seen any of these come up, either for rent or sale.
    The Park Apartments they are called. I used to live there about 6 years ago and loved it. I never had any problems at all there. They did try to take the cost of blown light bulbs out of my deposit when we were moving out but I put a stop to that fairly quickly.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 9 PINKYLEP

Hiya
    Does anyone know what the Bedford row apartments are like. I am looking to rent a one bedroomed one. Is there any parking and anti social behaviour??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

There's no parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 PINKYLEP

keane2097 wrote: »
    There's no parking.
    Do you know if they are well maintained or are theydodgy in any way??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

It's years since I lived there but they were not dodgy in the least that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I have a friend that lives there. Not dodgy in the slightest from what I can gather. No parking, but I think you can arrange something with the car park in Howleys Quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭rere

We’re looking at a place in steamboat quay, so just wondering about parking. We both drive for work, and it looks like there might be just the one permit per apartment.
    Anyone know if that’s true?
    Is there anything I should be cautious of there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

rere wrote: »
    We’re looking at a place in steamboat quay...

Is there anything I should be cautious of there?

Once you get used to the hookers and drug dealers, you should feel right at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭chicorytip

rere wrote:
    We’re looking at a place in steamboat quay, so just wondering about parking. We both drive for work, and it looks like there might be just the one permit per apartment. Anyone know if that’s true? Is there anything I should be cautious of there?

The top floor apartments had leaky roofs.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭rere

Once you get used to the hookers and drug dealers, you should feel right at home.
    Have you lived there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

rere wrote: »

Have you lived there?

I know people who did. I’m only joking with my comment it’s not that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yeah it seems like a lot of families live there from my experience of using the car park next to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭black & white

Re the car park, you can get a monthly ticket there for 40 squids which isn't bad.

Re the car park, you can get a monthly ticket there for 40 squids which isn't bad.

Shhhhhhhhhh!! The rest of the city will hear you

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Edson122

Is there is any other place that I can look beside daft? I'm going to Limerick in August as an international student and I'm looking for something in the City Center 1200 euro max, but pretty much all buildings that I see are old or small I liked the ones in Larchfield South Circular road but is 15 minutes walk, I can buy a car though

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Edson122

Sorry, double posted due to lag

• Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭masterboy123

What car park is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭black & white

Steamboat Quay.

Steamboat Quay.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Living in steamboat quay apartments. Find them, the area and the general clientele absolutely fine. With the clayton there, youd imagine the area should be someway minded by the guards. the block on the riverside as opposed to the other side of the dock road are probably a better bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭masterboy123

What's the monthly rent like there for a 2 double bedroom?
    Solo89 wrote: »
    Living in steamboat quay apartments. Find them, the area and the general clientele absolutely fine. With the clayton there, youd imagine the area should be someway minded by the guards. the block on the riverside as opposed to the other side of the dock road are probably a better bet.

• Advertisement

It's very dark on the riverside at night, is there any reason there's hardly any lights down that way?

Advertisement