Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment blocks in Limerick

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Shox2711 wrote:
    Anyone have a rough estimate on how much it costs to heat the flats in these modern apartment blocks? I.e Strand and Riverpoint. Big glass windows straight onto the river sounds lovely in the summer but a curse in the winter.

Lived in the strand for two years and I say I turned on the heating about twice in that time. Depending on what way you're facing the apartments are real sun traps. Moved into an old Georgian house recently and while it's beautiful, it's frigging freezing compared to the strand!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Shox2711

panda100 wrote: »
    Lived in the strand for two years and I say I turned on the heating about twice in that time. Depending on what way you're facing the apartments are real sun traps. Moved into an old Georgian house recently and while it's beautiful, it's frigging freezing compared to the strand!

That’s good to hear. Would you be able to tell me if parking was included in the rent for each resident?

Is there anywhere other than daft where the strand apartments are advertised? Seen maybe 5-6 in total in the last year on daft and they’re gone within a few hours.

Shox2711 wrote:
    That’s good to hear. Would you be able to tell me if parking was included in the rent for each resident?

I think it depends on the apartment. We had one parking space with ours but had to pay for another one. They also have a very secure bike locker as well which was handy.
    Shox2711 wrote:
    Is there anywhere other than daft where the strand apartments are advertised? Seen maybe 5-6 in total in the last year on daft and they’re gone within a few hours.

When I left my apartment a few weeks back it wasn't event advertised on daft. Your best bet is to go through some of the letting agents.

I think it depends on the apartment. We had one parking space with ours but had to pay for another one. They also have a very secure bike locker as well which was handy.

How much was the second parking space do you remember? In a situation here with my (potential) roommate where we're battling over parking lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Shox2711 wrote: »
    How much was the second parking space do you remember? In a situation here with my (potential) roommate where we're battling over parking lol.

Just split the price of the second parking space, handiest solution

• Advertisement

Arrival wrote: »
    Just split the price of the second parking space, handiest solution

Few other factors involved. He has a partner stay over 3-4 days a week and gets the bigger room with en suite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭masterboy123

He pays 60% of everything including bills and you pay 40%.

Few other factors involved. He has a partner stay over 3-4 days a week and gets the bigger room with en suite.

Think it was €50 per month for the second space.Or maybe it was €45, something around that anyways. My flatmate was paying it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭TooObvious

Hey there - does anybody here know who the managing agents are of Harveys Quay on Henry Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

TooObvious wrote: »
    Hey there - does anybody here know who the managing agents are of Harveys Quay on Henry Street?

It’s kmpm

• Advertisement

Hey all. Just moved into an apartment in the strand complex. Have to say we’re quite confused about the gas/boiler situation.

The temperature dial in the showers don’t seem to move at all. Feels like it’s not actually attached to anything and that it’s like a dummy? The knob for the power of the water on the left hand side works fine.

Does the gas/boiler unit need to be on for hot water to the showers? There’s a dial for temperature for the rads, and one for the water (1-9). Theres also a switch for actually turning on the embraced for either water or water and rads.

We’re wondering if we need to manually turn on the heating every time we want to have a shower? Or is that what the Honeywell unit is for, to set timers for hot water/heating (every morning etc)? But then we still don’t know how to regulate the temperature of the showers themselves individually. Surely we should be able to change the temperature of the water from within the shower?

There’s also a dial unit that goes from 15-30 outside of the 2 bathrooms (eTherma). Any idea what that’s for?

This could all be a very silly oversight on my part, only ever lived in a house with electric showers and oil heating before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

testicles wrote: »
    You don't need to turn on either hot water or timer for the showers, just make sure the switch for hot water is on. It'll heat as required (i.e. when you turn on the shower) then

The dial outside the bathrooms is for underfloor heating.

Give the concierge a shout, and he'll show you how to use the heating / hot water.

Where would I find the concierge/get a hold of them? I spoke to mike the caretaker but he didn’t really know at all to be honest.

testicles wrote:

Ahh Mike is what I miss most about living in the strand. Went above and beyond for the tenenats and was great fun. Never forget when I went down to collect my post the week before Christmas and there he was in his little elf costume putting out the bins.

Sorry, I can't help with the boiler situation as nevr had any issues with it.

Mike is the concierge (his fancy title)

Are you an owner or a tenant?

Tenant. I went down to him and asked him about it and he took a quick look, no more than 60 seconds and left again without saying much.. just told me to get onto the letting agency.

I got someone out to fix the showers today. Can change the temperature within the shower now. They had apparently seized up from not being used. But I’m still not sure about the hot water situation. We’re getting hot water to the showers but I just want to make sure I’m not running the gas bill up 24/7 the way I have things set. https://imgur.com/a/vpiJpbr That’s what my unit looks like. Just one dial turned to tap and nothing else. Says the temperate is 30ish according to the dial. Is this using gas all the time? Or only when I actually turn on the shower?

*edit: just checked the taps there and there’s hot water to the taps in the sink and bathrooms too. Seems like something like that would be using the gas heating at all times...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

My goodness - testicles talking about knobs :)

Back to the boiler... as testicles mentioned, it's probably a combi as linked above, which would make sense in an apartment block. I presume there's no hot press with the big copper hot water cylinder?

Not sure about the settings on a combi, but intuitively it looks OK to me.

Ahh Mike is what I miss most about living in the strand. Went above and beyond for the tenenats and was great fun. Never forget when I went down to collect my post the week before Christmas and there he was in his little elf costume putting out the bins.

Sorry, I can't help with the boiler situation as nevr had any issues with it.

Have to say I take back my previous trepidations about Mike. Had a leak in the hall which was apparently caused by upstairs’ washing machine. He came in on his day off and got everything sorted for us, stuck around and told a few jokes for about an hour, chatting away. Absolute gent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Just moved back to Limerick from Dublin, and thought I'd be able to afford to rent an apartment on my own, but by the looks of things on Daft, I'll be out of luck.
    I was paying €700 sharing per month in Dublin, and can't find anything in that price range here.
    A share might be my only option.... Any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

seachto7 wrote: »
    Just moved back to Limerick from Dublin, and thought I'd be able to afford to rent an apartment on my own, but by the looks of things on Daft, I'll be out of luck.
    I was paying €700 sharing per month in Dublin, and can't find anything in that price range here.
    A share might be my only option.... Any advice?

Didn't see much/anything in that range when I moved down in '17. I seriously doubt you would get anything you wouldn't be embarrassed to keep a dog in for €700 p/m.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭masterboy123

You need minimum 950e a month for a decent living apartment in Limerick now.

Sharing it is then! Anyone know what Vendeleur Mews is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I had a really nice two bed in the centre of town for 700 euro until lately. I moved out a few weeks ago and the landlord pushed it up to 850 for the new tenants, which isn't bad either.

:( €700 is my limit really...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Any know have any experience with apartments in Chapel Court? It's on Cathedral road/or maybe Cathedral place near the new court house. I think there is a fire station opposite or nearby. It seems to be just tucked away off the road but only ten minutes walk into town.

The commercial units downstairs seem empty but it looks like a handy place. Doesn't seem to be parking though so I don't know what tenants do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

The commercial units downstairs seem empty but it looks like a handy place. Doesn't seem to be parking though so I don't know what tenants do.

They are less likely to need cars if they live in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

They park in Summer Street car park afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Edson122

The Roches street one is good? is 1200 as of today which is in my budget, but I arrive in Limerick in September so it will not be there anymore lol

• Advertisement

Is daft the only place to be looking on? Any facebook groups?

I am looking for a room in the city centre, been looking at Riverpoint, Strand etc.
    There's a few rooms in Riverpoint within budget but I'm presuming they'll be gone by the time I need the room (mid August).

Advertisement