Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment blocks in Limerick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Edson122

Is daft the only place to be looking on? Any facebook groups?

I am looking for a room in the city centre, been looking at Riverpoint, Strand etc.
    There's a few rooms in Riverpoint within budget but I'm presuming they'll be gone by the time I need the room (mid August).
    There is a lot of facebook groups, but beware the scammers
    I'm just amazed there are some people asking 1600 euros for a 2 bed 2 bath strand ap i could go a max of 1300,00 should i make an offer or just wait? I'm just going in September anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

I know of a 2 bed apartment that went up for rent in riverpoint. Went for 1,600.00 and was snapped up in a few days. Crazy money. How can people save with rent prices like this

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

hey lads, looking for a friend for next sept,

Whats the apartments in Prospect Hill like, I know about the student complex but whats it like living on the prospect hill area to Mary I?

Me again.. any experiences or thoughts on Richmond Court?

I'm a bit frustrated looking for somewhere at this stage, I want long term so want it to be 'right'. The prices aren't cheap but I know I'm going to have to start compromising

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Maz2016 wrote: »
    I know of a 2 bed apartment that went up for rent in riverpoint. Went for 1,600.00 and was snapped up in a few days. Crazy money. How can people save with rent prices like this

They are now targeting professionals who will share the apartment rather than couples and families.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Edson122

prices are just really insane, that 2-bed strand it's not worth 1400, let alone 1600,00 it is just stupid as hell
    I'm looking in 2 bed 2 bad strand for 1300 max and it's already expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

It's worth whatever somebody is prepared to pay for it.

Found somewhere through someone at work! Near the milk market, really happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Found somewhere through someone at work! Near the milk market, really happy with it.

Rough locality.

chicorytip wrote: »
    Rough locality.

It's actually a step up for me and I'm happy out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Guys I was looking at Old Windmill Court apartments on Lower Gerald Griffen St. Would that be a rough locality or would it be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Is mahon house really that bad?

I mean is it mount Kennet bad?

Prices are similar

The apartment's themselves look fine and i don't find upper William St as rough as dock Road

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Is mahon house really that bad?

I mean is it mount Kenneth bad?

Prices are similar

The apartment's themselves look fine and i don't find upper William St as rough as dock Road
    There has been some negative reporting in the past about the condition of the stairwells and other common areas in Mahon House with drug paraphanelia being discarded by addicts gaining access to the building. It appears there is a new and properly functioning management company in place now and these issues have been resolved. I know little about the Mount Kennet block but that general Dock Road area would be a preferable living environment to Upper William Street, in my view.

Cluain dara court clonmacken or thornfield Ashbourne avenue South circular Road apartments

Given the option of either?

Cluain dara court clonmacken or thornfield Ashbourne avenue South circular Road apartments

Given the option of either?

Both would be a considerable step up in quality and location from those previously mentioned!! Cluain Dara are duplex apartments, each with it's own entrance door. Thornfield is built in blocks of six. The Clonmacken area is much better in terms of nearby amenities than Ashbourne Avenue, is less built-up and more pleasant. Expensive to buy in, of course (both areas). Two bed apartments starting at around 190. Check out the Oakleigh Wood area in Dooradoyle as well.

Both would be a considerable step up in quality and location from those previously mentioned!! Cluain Dara are duplex apartments, each with it's own entrance door. Thornfield is built in blocks of six. The Clonmacken area is much better in terms of nearby amenities than Ashbourne Avenue, is less built-up and more pleasant. Expensive to buy in, of course (both areas). Two bed apartments starting at around 190. Check out the Oakleigh Wood area in Dooradoyle as well.

Been told oakleigh wood is one of the "worst" areas of dooradoyle?

Are you familiar with Russell House on father Russell Road?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wherearewe45

Is there a fitness centre in Riverpoint? Seen it mentioned in an article online but can't find any actual details of it online. I live in Riverpoint and this is the first I've seen/heard of it

Is there a fitness centre in Riverpoint? Seen it mentioned in an article online but can't find any actual details of it online. I live in Riverpoint and this is the first I've seen/heard of it

How would you rate the apartments in riverpoint?

They look good but electric heating always suggests things were done on the cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

chicorytip wrote:

I would disagree that the clonmacken area is more pleasant or has better amenities. In ashbourne avenue you are about a ten min walk from town and similar to the crescent as well as being within 2 mins of a lovely pub (fennessys) and cafe shop pharmacy etc.

Oakleigh wood isn't great at all. Rented there for a couple of years after having moved from ashbourne avenue area ...major step down.

How would you rate the apartments in riverpoint?

They look good but electric heating always suggests things were done on the cheap?
    It's an older development so storage heating was the most commonly fitted system of the time. If it works efficiently it's grand. Given the riverside location it's probably a cold building anyway - more so on the upper floors, obviously.

• Advertisement

It's an older development so storage heating was the most commonly fitted system of the time. If it works efficiently it's grand. Given the riverside location it's probably a cold building anyway - more so on the upper floors, obviously.

Built in 2005 according to Wikipedia?

Hardly old

Built in 2005 according to Wikipedia?

Hardly old
    Almost fifteen years. It's pretty ancient in construction terms. Building methods and standards have undergone many changes and improvements in that period.

Almost fifteen years. It's pretty ancient in construction terms. Building methods and standards have undergone many changes and improvements in that period.

"ancient"

Vast majority of the properties in the country are older

"ancient"

Vast majority of the properties in the country are older
    We are discussing apartment developments.

We are discussing apartment developments.

discussing apartment developments in limerick

vast majority of apartment developments in limerick are as old as the one in question !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

About 2-3 years before The Strand which are vastly superior.

About 2-3 years before The Strand which are vastly superior.

And heading for 300k a piece

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wherearewe45

What are the names of the apartment blocks over House and Dunnes on the riverfront?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

What are the names of the apartment blocks over House and Dunnes on the riverfront?

Harvey's quay I believe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Kilboor wrote: »
    Harvey's quay I believe

Yes. They’re not great tbh

Advertisement