Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment blocks in Limerick

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wherearewe45

Pacifico wrote: »
    Yes. They’re not great tbh

Really? They look so nice from the outside (across the River). Is Riverpoint better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nozzzle

Anyone know how Mount Kenneth is nowadays? Looking at renting a place there and there was some pretty negative stuff posted about it here a few years back. The flat itself looks alright, reasonable price, city centre location etcetc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭chicorytip

nozzzle wrote: »
    Anyone know how Mount Kenneth is nowadays? Looking at renting a place there and there was some pretty negative stuff posted about it here a few years back. The flat itself looks alright, reasonable price, city centre location etcetc.

Mount Kennet is a kind of generic description for what are several different blocks located closest to Shannon Bridge. You have Mount Kennet House, Glenlara, Richmond Court. I live in a block located further along the Dock Road. My own experience has been generally positive. Traffic noise is an issue particularly if you are a light sleeper. You won't find drug addicts lurking in the corridors or on the streets outside. Security in the managed blocks is pretty good now compared to when they first went on the market. It's a cold location given it's proximity to the river and the apartments in the area were mostly constructed twenty or more years ago so you have old windows that let in draughts and electric storage type heating systems which are not the most efficient. Rents are not as cheap as you might think compared to other areas of Limerick City and suburbs but there is more availability so a greater chance of finding good value lettings in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 95216

Do people have any opinions about Clonmacken Court? I am looking at a property there but saw that many years ago there were 1 or 2 bad eggs there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Good location, walking distance to a lot of amenities. Bad eggs (and good ones) are everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 KingofTheFE1s

Does anyone have any insight into Parkview Hall on the Dublin Road. Was thinking of buying an apartment there but concerned about the management company as I noticed some defects in the complex when I went to view.

It appears to be catered to students only.Parkview Hall - Limerick https://www.parkviewhallstudents.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Students only, you can buy one but as a term of that sale you have to rent it to students

• Registered Users Posts: 33 KingofTheFE1s

Thanks for the input however this isn't the case. I'm already well into the sales process, albeit with no contracts signed and there hasn't been any reference to this. I happen to know there's plenty of owner occupiers living there. Also define student. I study Spanish in my spare time so I'm a student technically.

In any case I'm specifically looking for infor on the management company as Im concerned the complex isn't well managed, if anypne can help me with that.

Thanks

Are you using the services of an auctioneer? He/She must have that information at hand for potential purchasers or have you tried ringing the complex yourself ? There's a phone number listed on the Parkview Hall website and also an email address for queries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

Auctioneers..Good for a general view of the Market obviously. Most owners know their value better than the lads who look up the register.

Advertisement