Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random deposit

Options
  • 24-08-2016 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Over the last couple of months I've gotten 2 random deposits. The only information I've been given in the details is the above as the origin. My name is given as the Payee name so it's hardly in error? I've been in contact with my bank (BOI) and they are unable to shed any light on it. Is there any way of finding out where this has come from?

If it helps, I recently switched employers and went from part-time to full time but I'd imagine any tax rebates or anything would have gone through my new employer or at least been properly labelled.

If my name wasn't in the transaction I'd assume it was in error but the fact that it is leads me to believe it might be. The only info given is:

Originators name, which I've never heard of
    Amount,
    Payee IBAN, hashed version of my IBAN
    Payee name, my name
    Payment reference, which is a random string of letters and numbers.

Every other field is: Not provided by sender (or something similar).
    Tagged:

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Best bet is ring Revenue and see have there been any payments from them to you. When you look at the string of numbers, check your old payslips and see if your employee number from your last job, or your PPSN is anywhere in tje numbers.

Advertisement