Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GBBO 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

Faith wrote: »
    Mr. Faith has a notion that he's financially involved with the production company, but I don't know how true that is.

ive also heard that rumour....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Im going for jimmy carr and sean lock

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Im going for jimmy carr and sean lock

I'd absolutely watch it if Sean Locke was on it. Add Jack Dee and it would be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Davina McCall & Chris Evans? :pac:

Davina McCall & Chris Evans? :pac:

davina doenst eat sugar so it would be the most depressing show in the world..

can you image the filth that would come out of sean lockes mouth?? mel and sue at least keep it on the line... :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

Not clear to me what is wrong with Channel 4. It's another free to air channel, not like you have to pay Sky to watch it.

There is nothing wrong with changing channel if the format of the show will stay the same and the presenters etc. But it wont
    Also there will be ads interrupting the flow of the challenges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

There is nothing wrong with changing channel if the format of the show will stay the same and the presenters etc. But it wont
    Also there will be ads interrupting the flow of the challenges

We'd all prefer an ad-free world but let's face it 99.9% of tv in the world has ads. I just don't understand the completely disproportionate and hysterical reaction to a TV program moving from one free to air channel to another.

........and we've no right to complain in this country as we pay zip towards the funding of the BBC.

maximum12 wrote: »
    We'd all prefer an ad-free world but let's face it 99.9% of tv in the world has ads. I just don't understand the completely disproportionate and hysterical reaction to a TV program moving from one free to air channel to another.

........and we've no right to complain in this country as we pay zip towards the funding of the BBC.

eh whos hysterical?

most people are joking yeah but i dont think anyone is actually hysterical..

take that breaking up i was hysterical.. Bake up i'm annoyed its going to change but im no where near hysterical.

........and we've no right to complain in this country as we pay zip towards the of the BBC.
    Sure we know that!
    But the format of the show we like is potentially going to change. And the presenters who made it what it was are no longer there.
    No one is hysterical. We are just not happy,
    Its allowed.
    We arent going to storm the production company with a protest to it like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No one is hysterical.

Speak for yourself! We're discussing GBBO, we're on the internet, we should be hysterical!!! :pac:

Pic of Mrs Billy with her cake-eating face when new GBBO season started.
    hysterical_woman_6628.png

Pic of Mrs Billy going hysterical when GBBO announced move to C4.
    hysterical_woman_6628.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Not paying towards something has never, ever stopped me complaining about it. Ever.

And the issue isn't that it will move from one channel to another but still be the same programme, it's that when it moves it loses 15 minutes out of its hour to ads, loses 3 out of the 4 presenters and potentially becomes the Flora Buttery Bake Off.

And there is no reaction disproportionate to people trifling with the bake off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Not paying towards something has never, ever stopped me complaining about it. Ever.

And the issue isn't that it will move from one channel to another but still be the same programme, it's that when it moves it loses 15 minutes out of its hour to ads, loses 3 out of the 4 presenters and potentially becomes the Flora Buttery Bake Off.

What if they made it 90 minutes long?

If they could time and edit them so its not cut off in a middle of a challenge i don't think it would be so bad.
    But again...the missing presenters are the key here.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I see what you did there. Mel and Sue would be proud of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

ive also heard that rumour....

That would make sense as he also judged on the american version.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I MIGHT watch it on Channel 4 (Pre-recording so I can zip through the ads) if Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders were to present it :)
    The set will be tackier, there's no doubt about that. Channel 4 will try to make it 'funkier' :rolleyes:

BATTER!!!!!!!!!!! I was planning on making pancakes but I'm sick so now the batter is sitting in the fridge with my boyfriend starting at it.... Like a sad puppy.... He had lined up the Nutella and marshmallows and everything poor sod

I bloody well love yorkshire puddings. Wouldn't be arsed filling them though.

We're going to make churros later. Looking forward to picking up some tips tonight.

I'd stick a sausage in it and serve them some gravy, toad in the hole for the win!

Mmmmmmm Crackling

• Advertisement

Selici (can't spell his name sorry) ruining lives there by name dropping his girlfriend....

Selasi's are what mine look like. I'd come round his for sunday dinner no probs!

They have been there three weeks now.. they should know the differences in the ovens!!!!

ohhhh the sound of that cracklin!
    Gonna have to get me to a butchers this week!

I want Selasi's yorkies. They look epic.

(Wish they were all just with gravy though. This is heresy!)

What is the point of lace pancakes? Where are you supposed to put the filling? There's no way I'd fit 2lbs of chocolate and nuts onto them.

Lace pancakes are a piece of piss!!!! Come on like!!

Will someone call over and make me pancakes I have the batter made... Just can't move from bed... My poor boyfriend is raging

What is the point of lace pancakes? Where are you supposed to put the filling? There's no way I'd fit 2lbs of chocolate and nuts onto them.

:D:D

Lace pancakes are surely the burnt & holey one that goes to the dog or the least favourite child in the house while everyone else gets proper pancakes.

:D:D

Lace pancakes are surely the burnt & holey one that goes to the dog or the least favourite child in the house while everyone else gets proper pancakes.

That was Dad in our house :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Lace pancakes are a piece of piss!!!! Come on like!!

Will someone call over and make me pancakes I have the batter made... Just can't move from bed... My poor boyfriend is raging

Can he not feck them in the pan himself??

• Advertisement

Not if I don't want my house burnt down. He once sent rice on fire, he tries but he's just brutal

Advertisement