Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate agent query

Options
  • 24-08-2016 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi there,
    i am about to put my house on the market for sale. I had an estate agent lined up to handle the sale. Unfortunately I got delayed in getting the house ready and the estate agent has just put a house 5 doors down the street on the market.

Can anyone advise if it would be foolish to use the same estate agent now. I'm fearful that he may have a conflict of interest between my house and the other house and may not push my house as hard.

thanks for any advise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Hi there,
    i am about to put my house on the market for sale. I had an estate agent lined up to handle the sale. Unfortunately I got delayed in getting the house ready and the estate agent has just put a house 5 doors down the street on the market.

Can anyone advise if it would be foolish to use the same estate agent now. I'm fearful that he may have a conflict of interest between my house and the other house and may not push my house as hard.

thanks for any advise.

If you're happy with the agent go with him/ her, imo

There are pro's and cons:
    Pro; viewings will likely be busier as the agent can arrange viewings back to back.
    Con; like you say if there isn't a critical amount of interest in both properties the advantage might be with the buyer (although this would be the case regardless of your property being listed with the same agent or not).

if you believe the agent is the best for the job then I think stick with it.

Best of luck

Advertisement