Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't download Playstation Store purchase

Options
  • 24-08-2016 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

I lost my disk for a game so decided to buy it direct from the Playstation Store. When I pressed the download button after purchase it asked me first to delete the saved game data that was already there from disk version which I did. However, now I don't see a download option, I only see 'Start' and when clicked it is looking for the disk.

I definitely purchased it correctly, I even got the email receipt. When I go back to the store and look for the game I don't see 'Buy' or 'download', it just says 'start' and of course looks for a disk.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

One thing you could try if you've removed all data including the separate save data is to login to the store on a PC and from there see if you can trick it by selecting download to your PS4 from your download list...

Maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Taltos wrote: »
    One thing you could try if you've removed all data including the separate save data is to login to the store on a PC and from there see if you can trick it by selecting download to your PS4 from your download list...

Maybe

Its greyed out, says underneath I need to activate my PS4?

EDIT. So I activated it and download to PS4 button presses but nothing happens

Is your PS4 not your primary device?
    Maybe check either on the PS4 as being the primary or check on accounts on the PC to see if any other devices have been added to your account - just in case you're the victim of a hack. Your

Is your PS4 not your primary device?
    Maybe check either on the PS4 as being the primary or check on accounts on the PC to see if any other devices have been added to your account - just in case you're the victim of a hack. Your

Yea was just looking at that. I now have the game moved (using PC) to download queue. It says 'playable' there now but when I switch back to the PS4 there is nothing. PS4 is now set as primary device but it wasn't before.

Cool. It should just need time now on the PS4 to download. Normally it appears up quite soon pending after pushing it as you did.

Maybe just leave it in standby so it will come down overnight. But if the PS4 was not primary when you did the PC bit then you might not see it from that action. You may need to redo the download piece, but I've never redone one of those so not sure how that works if there is already a request to download.

Best of luck seems like you're nearly there.

• Advertisement

Cool. It should just need time now on the PS4 to download. Normally it appears up quite soon pending after pushing it as you did.

Maybe just leave it in standby so it will come down overnight. But if the PS4 was not primary when you did the PC bit then you might not see it from that action. You may need to redo the download piece, but I've never redone one of those so not sure how that works if there is already a request to download.

Best of luck seems like you're nearly there.

Cheers, I should be seeing something in the notifications though? I will leave it for a few mins and see. I may need to reset to factory settings as it seems to be confused in thinking I want to launch disk version.

Awwww Bingo! Figured it out.

I just had to delete the shortcut to the game on the main Playstation screen

:o

Sounds like you never deleted the original game...

Highlight it - don't open it
    Select Options
    On the new menu hit Delete

And then try to download it from the store or from your library if it newly appears there.. Presupposing it doesn't then appear in your notifications.

Yep! Thats it, downloading now! Thanks

Advertisement