Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommedations for landscaper - leveing a garden

Options
  • 24-08-2016 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Dublin 15
    I need to level a small garden, approx 7x7m.
    It currently has a fall of about 40cm over that distance. I want to drop the back by 20 and raise the front by 20. Developer's laying of topsoil is deep enough I think.

Anyway, does anyone have names to recommend? Someone with experience in ground works to ensure fencing and wall not affected by change of level.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

As the owner of a boringly flat garden I would say leave it as it is. The slope will also allow water to run off rather than sitting there and make the ground soggy and perfect for moss.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

depends on whether the slope is delivering that runoff to the back of the house. dropping the back of the garden implies to me that it's high, and if that's the back garden suggests it's sloping up and away from the back door.

Advertisement