Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forever Living

Options
  • 24-08-2016 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi

I'm wondering has anyone on here experience working for Forever Living selling their products? I have been approached to become involved in the business ...

Can you make money from doing it? Is it a case the more you 'recruit' the more you earn - pyramid type scheme?

Is it difficult to 'market' the products?

As someone who is interested in healthy eating & a healthy lifestyle if it were genuine it is something I would consider ...

Bottom line ... is it a scam?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

*Mod Note: Not a Limerick thread *

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

It is effectively a pyramid scheme as far as I can see. I know some friends of friends that sell it and the ones that seem to make decent money are the ones that recruit lots of people to work under them, they seem to burn a lot of bridges by constantly barraging social media and work colleagues with the benefits of there products. This is just my personal view but I know many people that share it. Best of luck what ever you choose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Scam

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Zizigirl

First of all, it's not a scam but a network company. Which means you need to network to get on. I hate the idea of it, hate the sight of it on my timeline and above all else hate fielding the constant invites to sell. Money can be made from these network/oportunity companies but you 1. Need to use every single relationship you've ever had. 2. Need to get in and out of the system at the right time. Now is not the right time to get into forever living as the market is absolutely saturated, most of the people that made any money in it have moved on to different things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭golfman

Its an absolute pyramid scheme. One of our friends has been brainwashed into it and tried to get me to sell it. I asked the simple question, "why would you want to encourage extra competition selling exactly the same goods as you? If I were selling product the ideal scenario is that you have exclusivity, not the opposite where you are constantly trying to get other people to set up shop next door to you."

All I got in reply was "you're just too negative to understand the concept". Yea, I haven't drank the kool aid!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is this the same as Herbal Life? Couple of friends of mine have 'found a new way' in the last year or so and are flooding my Facebook with Herbal Life products. Always looked like a similar scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

Network marketing is legal and is not a scam Unfortunately many illegal pyramid schemes try to pass themselves off as network marketing hence giving networking a bad name.
    For most of the legal schemes Amway, FLP, Kleeneze etc. you make a % on your sales. The more you sell the higher your %. If you "introduce" someone else their sales total helps to boost your total for bonus purposes. For many (most) of the schemes, to maintain profit margin, the products are overpriced and or under quality.

If you sell the products reasonably efficiently you can usually make minimum wage but to earn the bigger bonuses and prizes you need a bigger volume of sales, depending on the scheme, 10k - 30k and more per month. The only way to do this is with a big team, or a team of teams.
    If you have a group (team of teams) with say 200+ people with a turnover of 100k+ a month you can make 50K a year, but you will need similar management skills to running any million a year business.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

MLM, Network marketing etc all have one common denominator, they prey on/exploit the naive and innocent who buy into their sales pitch that promises great rewards if you work hard. There can be huge money made, but only by those at the very top level. Most who take these on learn a very hard lesson in reality, probably the only benefit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Run away OP.

Forever Living, scentsy, herbablife, Juice plus.
    They are all MLM scams which prey on the naive.

I attended one of their networking evenings for the craic. It reminded me of a cult.

Magical healing powers of aloe, my arse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 mh76

Run away OP.

I attended one of their networking evenings for the craic. It reminded me of a cult.

Thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Icelandicseige

Run away OP.

It's the closest thing to a scam that you can get. Know of people in Juice plus. Fruit and veg in tablet form costing €€€ every month. It's mad.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Nameloc

Agreed, Herbalife have recently had to pay out a massive settlement because of practices similar to pyramid schemes.
    Plus Herbalife and Juice Plus have zero additional nutritional value. In fact, with JP, you get more nutrition with a multivitamin and Herbalife is nothing more than diuretics and GMOs.

FLP has been around for many years and the market is saturated now, and you only get the cheapest price if you keep selling over a certain amount each month.

Stay well away

Advertisement