Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike advice?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

http://www.cube.eu/en/products/trekking/nature/cube-nature-sunburnt-black-orange-2016/

Could I get a few opinions on this Cube? Worth the money or not? Or is there better options than this?

Options for what?
    What do you want the bike for?
    If it's for commuting or road cycling, you don't need suspension forks up front - just adds weight and is a bit less efficient.
    If you give a bit more info on your aims, fitness level, etc you will get more useful replies.
    As to whether it's worth the money, I didn't see a price in that link ( but admit I just scanned it quickly), but in general Cube is a good brand which offers good value and is available from a bricks and mortar shop ( as opposed to just online)

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

It's a great colour, very important. As Buzwaldo said, let us know what you plan on using it for. Unless you're going mountain biking, you don't need a mountain bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Miklos wrote: »
    It's a great colour, very important. As Buzwaldo said, let us know what you plan on using it for. Unless you're going mountain biking, you don't need a mountain bike.

The added weight of a suspension fork is absolutely not worth having unless you are actually going to be riding off road. At least this one has a lockout so you can disable the suspension on the road. The bouncing up and down of suspension will reduce your speed and is counterproductive on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭RedDeadMarshal

It will be mixed riding of trail riding in Ticknock and city cycles. That's why I'd like the suspension. I will be doing both, so I need a bike that can take any kind of road. As for my fitness, there's not a bother at all with that and I can certainly pedal the extra weight of the forks.

Advertisement