Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!

Options
  • 25-08-2016 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi I'm wondering if anyone in here can help me I'm going into leaving cert next week and I hope to do general nursing when I finish school but there is one problem I do foundation level maths !! So I do not think this will be possible. Does anyone have any suggestions of ways I could get into collage in Ireland or the UK.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thank you ☺

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Hi I'm wondering if anyone in here can help me I'm going into leaving cert next week and I hope to do general nursing when I finish school but there is one problem I do foundation level maths !! So I do not think this will be possible. Does anyone have any suggestions of ways I could get into collage in Ireland or the UK.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thank you ☺
    Well you have a few options really! For one, you could move up to Ordinary Level maths. It'd take a bit of work but with some study and grinds you should be able to pass it! Outside of that you could always do a plc in Nursing Studies or something similar and progress into a nursing course in University then.

In terms of the UK, you'd have to apply through UCAS and check the entry requirements for each course you're interested in. For example Nursing in the University of Edinburgh has the following entry requirements for Irish applicants: "Award of ILC with Grade H2 in at least three subjects and Grade H3 in three further subjects. In addition, applicants are required to have a minimum of O2 in Mathematics and Biology and meet the College general entry requirements by obtaining grade O3 in English." This would mean you'd have to have an O2 in Pass Maths for this and I imagine other colleges would be similar enough. On top of that the fees for studying in the UK can be very tricky.

In my opinion your best bet would be to aim to pass Ordinary Maths and apply for General Nursing here. If you don't think that'd be possible, I'd do a plc in Nursing Studies if I were you. Best of luck either way! :)

Advertisement