Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League Cup

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

So they're taking this seriously, we aren't, which is a good thing, we need to prioritise the league and Europe

Whilst I don't see us winning. I'd sure like to win some silverware one day.

Hope N'Koudou causes some damage with his pace, please God let Janssen score tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

How are we playing today lads?

Janssen is stranded up there, needs support. Can't see us scoring from open play at the moment.

Liverpool have done nothing since they've scored.

Need a bit of belief.

Onomah and N'koudou haven't been in the game.

• Advertisement

The corner was terrible..

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

No creativity.hard to see how we will score

• Registered Users Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

09_09_09 wrote: »
    How are we playing today lads?

Plenty effort, decent on the ball but no creativity and nothing resembling a threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Hopefully this post will be thrown in my face in a few years time but, in my opinion, Onomah will never be anything other than a championship footballer. He looks the real deal physically, but there is nothing going on upstairs. He butchered a simple lay off to an overlapping player that would have put him in on goal and, in the last few minutes has found himself in a dozy offside and butchered another good chance from a Janssen cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Deise Vu wrote: »
    Hopefully this post will be thrown in my face in a few years time but, in my opinion, Onomah will never be anything other than a championship footballer. He looks the real deal physically, but there is nothing going on upstairs. He butchered a simple lay off to an overlapping player that would have put him in on goal and, in the last few minutes has found himself in a dozy offside and butchered another good chance from a Janssen cross.

I have felt this way about him for ages. I haven't seen a single reason for him being anywhere near the 1st team in any of the games I've seen.

• Advertisement

Deise Vu wrote: »

He should have given chance to Edwards but, pity he did not make the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Worztron

There's a few names on the bench that I've never heard of.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

What year was it that someone in a spurs Jersey actually put in a decent corner ffs

Dier and winks looking all at sea at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Running rings around us now.

Edwards is injured,out for 6 weeks at least.

YES! Come on Jannsen!

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Our centre halves are completely out of sync with each other

Onomah should have went before nkodou I feel

• Registered Users Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Onomah should have went before nkodou I feel

Onomah has been very very poor.

• Advertisement

Well the silver lining is Spurs can now concentrate more on the other comps.

Some positives in the sense a few youngsters got game time.
    we don't need the fixture congestion this cup would bring.
    Dier was awful tonight imo looked to be sulking that he was picked.Davies is a poor defender and lacks pace.onomah had a game to forget but I would reserve judgement on him for a bit yet.All in all it was an okay performance and i think the result will benefit us in the long run

Dier was awful tonight imo looked to be sulking that he was picked.Davies is a poor defender and lacks pace.onomah had a game to forget but I would reserve judgement on him for a bit yet.All in all it was an okay performance and i think the result will benefit us in the long run

A decent effort i suppose,Sturrage was the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

I'm glad we out of that nothing comp.

We have wasted enough time on Carroll .. Time to get rid in the summer.

Josh is a championship player at best. Very frustrating watching him.

I shall give winks the benefit of the doubt for the moment. Think he will come good.

Hate saying it but looks like nkodou and njie are much of a muchness.

Carter Vickers looks a player and he defo one for the future.

We owe the foxes one on sat. Big week next week with champo league and the goons as well. COYS

Mmm, Onomah froze out there.

N'Koudou, much the same, didn't beat a player once or deliver a ball.

With no fullbacks bombing forward we were starved.

I thought Wink's had a decent game, should have played further forward, in Dier's position.

Janssen scored, worked extremely hard. And got fúck all service.

Pity Wanyama didn't start the game.

Few Hollywood saves from Vorm, looked sharp though.

Trippier was solid, don't remember him getting beat.

Liverpool deserved the win, without having to break sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

It was an entertaining low quality match I thought.

I was impressed with our two centre backs and Trippy. Winks played decent. Nkoudou looks lively and worked hard, but still coming to terms with English football. Could be a good impact sub with his pace.

I still don't know what to make of Janssen. I like his attitude and he holds the ball up very well, but he has an hilarious tendency to get in physical tussles every single time the ball comes near him, as pointed out by Niall Quinn. He needs to develop some other tricks and movement. He's still only 22, the goals will come eventually if he doesn't let the pressure get to him.

For Liverpool that kid Stewart was the best player on the pitch, pity we couldn't hold onto him, I'd be surprised if he doesn't go far.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Ormus wrote:
    For Liverpool that kid Stewart was the best player on the pitch, pity we couldn't hold onto him, I'd be surprised if he doesn't go far.

Was he at spurs? Thought he was very tidy myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Was he at spurs? Thought he was very tidy myself

Yeah 4 years at Spurs according to Wiki. Although it also says he's 23, I assumed he was about 19.

Advertisement