Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuath housing

Options
  • 25-08-2016 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I was provisionally offered a house by Tuath and even told at the interview to give notice to my landlord. Now more than 2 weeks later I have heard nothing and when I phone I am told that someone will be in touch. If I send an email I get no response. I am worried that I may be left with no house, either with Tuath or my current rental property. Has anyone had any dealings with Tuath and could you let me know your experience. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dubin8

Hi Garr205, how r u ? I hope u well , we r in similar situation , I really apreciate if you could let me know if you have receive any news.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Garr205

dubin8 wrote: »
    Hi Garr205, how r u ? I hope u well , we r in similar situation , I really apreciate if you could let me know if you have receive any news.Thanks

Hi,
    We received the keys and everything worked out. The delay was because the person dealing with the house took holidays. Anyway if they say that they may have a house then you will almost certainly get the house.
    It is an anxious time though.
    Best of luck

Thanks Garr205 for your quick reply ,
    For us we just received provisional offer letter , we just accept the offer and send it back.
    They informed they will be sent it to city council once they receive the keys will send us an official letter and show us the apartment .

The man also mentioned to give notice to landalord ?!

How come we call landlord and we dont even know if we get the apartment ?

Thanks

dubin8 wrote: »
    Thanks Garr205 for your quick reply ,
    For us we just received provisional offer letter , we just accept the offer and send it back.
    They informed they will be sent it to city council once they receive the keys will send us an official letter and show us the apartment .

The man also mentioned to give notice to landalord ?!

How come we call landlord and we dont even know if we get the apartment ?

Thanks

Don't worry, you will get the apartment. I was told to notify the landlord so as not to be paying for 2 rents at the same time. I didn't even get a provisional letter.
    The waiting is horrible but it will all work out.
    Congratulations, I hope you are happy in it for years to come.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Who are Tuath?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

pilly wrote: »
    Who are Tuath?

I don't know.
    They have been described as operating in a cloak and dagger way.

Thornwood and An Riasc developments were acquired by them.

pilly wrote: »
    Who are Tuath?

They are a housing organisation that let accommodation for the council. They go to the council, check the housing list and contact the suitable applicant. It's basically the same as a council house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Garr205 wrote: »
    They are a housing organisation that let accommodation for the council. They go to the council, check the housing list and contact the suitable applicant. It's basically the same as a council house.

Thanks Garr, I hadn't heard of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Garr205 wrote: »

Tuath are a private company operating on a non-profit basis.

Yes, they let accomodation out for the council, but they also own and let their own property.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

They have been described as operating in a cloak and dagger way.

Could you elaborate on that?

• Advertisement

Hi

Can anyone tell me why tuath housing association in dublin take so long to process the applications where take just a week in cork ?

We received a provisional offer month after the interview ! Now its nearly 3 weeks since we accepted the offer and we still didn't hear anything from them !

I appreciate any information ☺

Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Could you elaborate on that?

They pushed private first time buyers out of a housing estate in Finglas recently.
    They have the power (with government funding) to buy entire housing estates right from under peoples noses and there's nothing the locals or Council can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Damo279

I was at interview today for a house with tuath housing is it a long wait after the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Damo279

Damo279 wrote: »
    I was at interview today for a house with tuath housing is it a long wait after the interview
    There waiting on garda vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 3 3r086

We were at an Interview for Thuath House a month ago,The lady told us That, " We will you let you know in a couple of weeks either you are successful or not at this time" after 2 weeks I called the lady, she told me that,"We are waiting to know the decision from the Cork City Council", if anybody having similar kind of situation like us please, share your experience,anybody knows any unsuccessful interview? waiting time is killing us, Much appreciated in advance,

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

What does it mean when your housing officer (im with cluid) calls and says you are nominated for a 3 bed property. You will be called for interview at the house and can ask any questions there and then.

Does this mean we are being offered a house or just viewing and maybe offered? Seems a bit mean to bring you down to view the house if not being offered it!!

Any help??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Babble5

3r086 wrote: »
    We were at an Interview for Thuath House a month ago,The lady told us That, " We will you let you know in a couple of weeks either you are successful or not at this time" after 2 weeks I called the lady, she told me that,"We are waiting to know the decision from the Cork City Council", if anybody having similar kind of situation like us please, share your experience,anybody knows any unsuccessful interview? waiting time is killing us, Much appreciated in advance,

Hi just wondering if you have heard anything since? I am in a similar situation and have not heard anything back.

alde wrote: »
    What does it mean when your housing officer (im with cluid) calls and says you are nominated for a 3 bed property. You will be called for interview at the house and can ask any questions there and then.

Does this mean we are being offered a house or just viewing and maybe offered? Seems a bit mean to bring you down to view the house if not being offered it!!

Any help??

Have you heard anything back since the interview? Im in a similar situation and havent heard anything since interview

Babble5 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if you have heard anything since? I am in a similar situation and have not heard anything back.

Hi Babble5, two weeks ago the officer told me that they can't do anything unless the council reply and giving the key, What is your situation ? which area you are interviewed in? if our case is similar then we share more, as waiting time is killing us like,

• Advertisement

Hi Babble5, two weeks ago the officer told me that they can't do anything unless the council reply and giving the key, What is your situation ? which area you are interviewed in? if our case is similar then we share more, as waiting time is killing us like,

Ive been to the interview but that was 5 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since.. Ive been on to my council and they told me its up to tuath to contact me now which seem to contradict what you've been told. Its very confusing.

Babble5 wrote: »
    Ive been to the interview but that was 5 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since.. Ive been on to my council and they told me its up to tuath to contact me now which seem to contradict what you've been told. Its very confusing.

yes, it's all confusing to me too, I don't know what part The Tuath & The council is doing about this kind of case, have you contacted tuath? have you heard any unsuccessful interview?

yes, it's all confusing to me too, I don't know what part The Tuath & The council is doing about this kind of case, have you contacted tuath? have you heard any unsuccessful interview?

All the posts on this seem to be be positive regarding getting the house but my interview was against another family so one of us will be disappointed. Yes i've contacted tuath and they said they will let me know but i'm still waiting .Its hard getting our hopes up like this when we may not get it it. Fingers crossed .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Awiye

Hi Damo279 was at interview today with tuath. How long did yours take pls? Wait is torture especially Christmas period. Have to decide between me and another family

• Registered Users Posts: 9 GraciieLou

Hi Awiye,

Can you tell me how long after your interview it was before you heard whether you were successful or not? And were you successful or did the other family get the property.

I went for interview too and was against another family. Still waiting to hear back, nearly a week now. Very anxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 StefanRadu

Can you buy your Tuath Home after a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

StefanRadu wrote: »
    Can you buy your Tuath Home after a while?

No

Advertisement