Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Secondary School in Lucan for boys, Academic performance, Extracurricular Acti

Options
  • 25-08-2016 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi. My youngest son is going into first year this September. He's a very bright boy who has excellent potential, however he's a bit of a messer. He has a place in Adamstown Community College and I was wondering if I should switch his school to Coláiste Phádraig. I'm honestly looking for a school which excels academically, has a range of extra curricular activities and is non-fee paying. Thank you!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Get him to stop messing.

Seriously. Why should any school have to put up with his nonsense?

Moving to Parenting as it's not a JC matter.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

If he is messing about, he won't do well anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I dunno, 'being a messer' can range from always spiiling ketchup on his top ....to... joyriding or drug-dealing.
    Also the kid could be a house-devil and school angel.
    But if you feel he'll be acting out OP maybe find out who the Yearhead/form tutor is and let them know that you want to be kept abreast of any misbehaviour so you can sit on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Misty_01

Hi everyone. Thanks for your responses. My son's a lovely kid. At his summer school he even got best pupil ! I just know that when he's surrounded by certain people he tends to 'go with the flow'/ he's easily influenced .I'm looking for a school that'll stretch his academic and social ability in order for him to reach full potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Misty_01 wrote:
    I'm looking for a school that'll stretch his academic and social ability in order for him to reach full potential.

Sounds like the mission statement of every school in the country!

If other people are the issue, you can decide to send him to a different school to the bad influences.

Isn't it a bit late to be making this decision? Surely last autumn would have been the time to go investigating secondary school options?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Misty_01

Sounds like the mission statement of every school in the country!

If other people are the issue, you can decide to send him to a different school to the bad influences.

Isn't it a bit late to be making this decision? Surely last autumn would have been the time to go investigating secondary school options?

He's been accepted to three secondary schools. I just hesitated in the last few moments of school commencement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Every school will have kids that can lead an easily influenced kid. All you'll be doing is transferring the problem not resolving it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Misty_01 wrote: »
    Hi. My youngest son is going into first year this September. He's a very bright boy who has excellent potential, however he's a bit of a messer. He has a place in Adamstown Community College and I was wondering if I should switch his school to Coláiste Phádraig. I'm honestly looking for a school which excels academically, has a range of extra curricular activities and is non-fee paying. Thank you!

From what I know the lucan area has a lot of schools. Adamstown is a newish school under etb ethos while the cbs is catholic and I think its under new management. Do a quick google to see what media reports on their sports /extra and it should show which has more range

Advertisement