Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 season - TV coverage

• 25-08-2016 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭

What TV coverage have we for this season folks ?
    I think SkySportsMix has 'NFL Redzone' for Sep 11th, not sure if that will be a weekly tradition !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,265 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Sky Sports have TNF, SNF & MNF plus two Sunday evening games. BBC have highlights on Saturday nights

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

there's a good sports offer at the moment if people want to take Sky sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭tripperman

paulie21 wrote: »
    Sky Sports have TNF, SNF & MNF plus two Sunday evening games. BBC have highlights on Saturday nights

Is that online or on the t.v. I couldn't access there online highlights last season,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,265 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

tripperman wrote: »
    Is that online or on the t.v. I couldn't access there online highlights last season,

TV. It's been put in the slot directly after match of the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

That'll be week old games though. Kind of like in the old C4 days. Will that work these days?

• Advertisement

paulie21 wrote: »
    TV. It's been put in the slot directly after match of the day

Same time as college football tho on bt sport,

tripperman wrote: »
    Same time as college football tho on bt sport,

I'd imagine though that people watching NFL highlights on BBC won't have Sky or BT sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,448 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

What TV coverage have we for this season folks ?
    I think SkySportsMix has 'NFL Redzone' for Sep 11th, not sure if that will be a weekly tradition !

Hopefully it will be, Red Zone is the greatest invention of all time bar none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Hopefully it will be, Red Zone is the greatest invention of all time bar none.

Yep, and redzone matched with live NFL fantasy updates is some of the best entertainment to be had....

I'd imagine though that people watching NFL highlights on BBC won't have Sky or BT sport.

Hadn't thought of that very good point,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Anyone seen a schedule of games for Sky Sports , particularly Sunday evenings ?
    Their website only seems to be advertising late Thurs/Mon games at the moment :http://www.skysports.ie/watch/nfl-on-sky

I presume Sunday night football is also going to be on their schedule with 2 games , but wanted to be 100% before I resubscribe to Sky sports (€20 offer per month at the moment)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Rooy wrote: »
    Their website only seems to be advertising late Thurs/Mon games at the moment :http://www.skysports.ie/watch/nfl-on-sky

I presume Sunday night football is also going to be on their schedule with 2 games , but wanted to be 100% before I resubscribe to Sky sports (€20 offer per month at the moment)

They usually don't confirm their 6 and 9.25 pm very far in advance games and just do it as the season goes along in order to pick and choose the best iirc. Don't expect them to release a couple of months worth of scheduled broadcast games at a time like the Premier League.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Rooy wrote: »

Sky don't decide which 6pm and 9.25pm Sunday games they cover until a week or so before the games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

nfluk.com is a good place to look for this and is pretty good for updating with which games are on Sky. Not announced yet though.

http://www.nfluk.com/tv-and-radio/tv-schedule.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭Guffy

D9Male wrote: »
    Sky don't decide which 6pm and 9.25pm Sunday games they cover until a week or so before the games.

Do sky decide? Don't they just pick up the cbs/nbc feeds?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

gufc21 wrote: »

yeah Sky decide what games they'll pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

NFL Week 1 TV Schedule

Friday 9th September:

TNF - Panthers @ Broncos - 1:30am - Sky Sports 1/Sky Sports Mix

Sunday 11th September:

Packers @ Jaguars - 6pm - Sky Sports
    Giants @ Cowboys - 9:25pm - Sky Sports

SNF - Patriots @ Cardinals - 1:30am - Sky Sports

Tuesday 13th September:

MNF - Steelers @ Redskins - 0:10am - Sky Sports
    Rams @ 49ers - 3:20am - Sky Sports

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

gufc21 wrote: »

CBS and Fox broadcast different 1pm/4:25pm games in different parts of the US, so that every NFL game is on TV somewhere in the US. It's an odd arrangement in that it's still the network that holds the rights and the network sports department providing coverage rather than particular local stations or regional cable networks picking up the coverage as happens in other US sports.

Great to have Red Zone on Sky Sports Mix last high for those of us who do not sub to Sky Sports.

What was equally refreshing was the total lack of Draft Kings references on Red Zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Was undecided about getting gamepass again this year after the price hike but after watching Redzone on SSMix last night my mind is made up. Its going to be redzone all the way for me. Epic stuff last night. Hugely exciting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Just spotted sky sports mix is showing all last nights live games today. So if you didn't have sky sports you can still record the full games next day. Hopefully that continues.

Looking forward to the BBC show tomorrow evening. I really enjoyed it last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Yeah, hopefully every week on Red Zone is as exciting as last night was! There’ll be no moving from the couch!
    Are SS Mix definitely showing it every week or is it an ad-hoc job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

They've announced it'll be on SS Mix "for the first month"

So safe to assume it'll be gone back to red button (for subscribers) after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Sky games (and therefore blackout games):

Cincinnati Bengals @ Pittsburgh Steelers
    NFL - Week 2, Sky Sports 2 HD (17:30)
    Seattle Seahawks @ Los Angeles Rams
    NFL - Week 2, Sky Sports 2 HD (21:00)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Not liking the BBC highlights show much so far. Too much forced enthusiasm and the punditry is telling me nothing I don't already know. It's a handy roundup though, so I'll probably watch again.

Not liking the BBC highlights show much so far. Too much forced enthusiasm and the punditry is telling me nothing I don't already know. It's a handy roundup though, so I'll probably watch again.

I haven't watched it yet but is it not the the same format as last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I didn't see it at all last year. In fact I didn't even realise they had it!

I enjoyed it last year. Good round up with a bit of craic thrown in. It could do with being a little longer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I went over and back on Gamepass this year and in the end didn't. In week 1 however between the usual SS live games, summary re runs, Americas game, hard knocks etc.. SSMix showing 7 hrs RZ and a heap of 1hr catch ups.... My box was literally full at the end of week 1! That's over 40 hours of content across all channels (granted HD channels doubled a lot).

Just have to check closer to the dates what games are actually been shown and what is being re run in the 60 min slots.

Not missing GP yet!

• Advertisement

Looks like Red Zone will be gone from Sky Sports Mix on Sunday, as expected.

Anyone know if it will be covered on the Sky Go app, its usually on Sky Sports Extra which, last year at least, was no on the app, but was on the desktop website.

nope, its listed on the channel guide, will be there

nope, its listed on the channel guide, will be there

Oh, sure enough it is, I was misreading the TV Listing, thought 16:00 was 6pm.

Has anyone watched any of the Thursday matches on Twitter? Just wondering how it's been going.

Have they been on yet ?

Saw some graphic on some NFL page listing the Thursday games and the Twitter icon was on a few games later in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Have they been on yet ?

Saw some graphic on some NFL page listing the Thursday games and the Twitter icon was on a few games later in the season.
    Last nights game was and one other has been.

no I havent watched TNF on twitter or live for that matter this Season but that's where gamepass comes into its own.

• Advertisement
Advertisement