Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KMC chain for Campag drive?

Options
  • 25-08-2016 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

1. is it ok to fit a KMC chain 11speed 5.5mm pin length to a campag chorus drive?

2. to keep it Campag do you need the special Campag preening tool or will the Ultra-link close like a KMC quick-link ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pantanifan84

I have a kmc campag specific chain with kmc campag specific quick line on my bike. iirc you need campag ql with campag chain. I got both from crc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I 've kmc as well, works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

I have been running KMC chains on an Chorus cassette for the last 18 months.
    Runs perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

BBB split links for Campagnolo chains work fine......not easy to source, mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭enas

devonp wrote: »
    2. to keep it Campag do you need the special Campag preening tool or will the Ultra-link close like a KMC quick-link ?

With Campagnolo's chains (the choice I made), you need a good chain tool to insert the rivet, plus a peening tool. But you can save yourself a few bucks, and buy this IceToolz 62U3 chain tool, costing around €20. It did the job perfectly well for me, and at around €20, is slightly cheaper than Campagnolo's own tool (€150 at the moment on CRC), or even Park Tools' one (around €60 at the moment).

Advertisement