Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confirm Cheque Issue Stage?

Options
  • 25-08-2016 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Hi

Currently contracts signed on a house and waiting on cheque issue from BOI to complete. 
    The last few weeks have been a nightmare dealing with the branch where I've been told on multiple occasions that everything is sorted and draw-down is possible to find out a few days later that the cheque hasn't been issued due to some item or another. 

For example it was confirmed to me on Aug 16th that all was in order and cheque would be issued. 
    Solicitor rang yesterday morning 24/8 and to my surprise there were still items outstanding with the mortgage and cheque wasn't issued. Immediately I called in and spoke with the branch in person who found 1 item and told me all was fine now again. 

I rang the mortgages department directly yesterday evening to double check and got a different story with 4 items still outstanding. Went back to the branch again and they supposedly fixed these items (which have been in place for weeks (house and life insurance etc) and told me again this morning that cheque is at issue stage. 

At this point I have no faith in what the branch are telling me (this is just 1 item in a long list of issues that I have had) and sale has been held up by a few weeks already. At some point soon this is going to start costing me money in terms of penalty clauses. 

So can I confirm outside of what the branch are telling me if the mortgage is at cheque issue stage and how would I do that?
    If it is not at issue stage can I talk to someone outside of the branch who can resolve any remaining issues as I feel like walking in there for the 20th time to be ill-informed on my way out is a complete waste of my time.

Regards
    Tipping

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

tipping wrote: »
    Hi

Currently contracts signed on a house and waiting on cheque issue from BOI to complete. 
    The last few weeks have been a nightmare dealing with the branch where I've been told on multiple occasions that everything is sorted and draw-down is possible to find out a few days later that the cheque hasn't been issued due to some item or another. 

For example it was confirmed to me on Aug 16th that all was in order and cheque would be issued. 
    Solicitor rang yesterday morning 24/8 and to my surprise there were still items outstanding with the mortgage and cheque wasn't issued. Immediately I called in and spoke with the branch in person who found 1 item and told me all was fine now again. 

I rang the mortgages department directly yesterday evening to double check and got a different story with 4 items still outstanding. Went back to the branch again and they supposedly fixed these items (which have been in place for weeks (house and life insurance etc) and told me again this morning that cheque is at issue stage. 

At this point I have no faith in what the branch are telling me (this is just 1 item in a long list of issues that I have had) and sale has been held up by a few weeks already. At some point soon this is going to start costing me money in terms of penalty clauses. 

So can I confirm outside of what the branch are telling me if the mortgage is at cheque issue stage and how would I do that?
    If it is not at issue stage can I talk to someone outside of the branch who can resolve any remaining issues as I feel like walking in there for the 20th time to be ill-informed on my way out is a complete waste of my time.

Regards
    Tipping
    Good Afternoon Tipping,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie I am so sorry to hear of your recent experience with your application form, I would like to get you in touch with the relevant advisor to solve this query for you.

Could you please PM me your name-the branch you opened the account in, and your contact number? Click on the link below my name to do this.

Thanks,
    Evie  

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tipping

tipping wrote: »
    Hi

Regards
    Tipping
    Good Afternoon Tipping,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie I am so sorry to hear of your recent experience with your application form, I would like to get you in touch with the relevant advisor to solve this query for you.

Could you please PM me your name-the branch you opened the account in, and your contact number? Click on the link below my name to do this.

Thanks,
    Evie  
    Thanks for the reply. PM sent.

Advertisement