Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Astonishingly bad customer service.

• 25-08-2016 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭

You'd know the good times were back. Friend dropped a car in to a well known large Cork based VW dealer. Payed €1300 for repairs. They charged for but forget to do a job that required 2 hours labour (recalibrate cruise control radar). Now waiting 4 days for a call back and service manager refusing to take call daily.

Its really a shame that they get away with this level of service. Its a 2016 car purchased from them to make matters worse. Selling plenty cars and don't care about anything else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

You'd know the good times were back. Friend dropped a car in to a well known large Cork based VW dealer. Payed €1300 for repairs. They charged for but forget to do a job that required 2 hours labour (recalibrate cruise control radar). Now waiting 4 days for a call back and service manager refusing to take call daily.

Its really a shame that they get away with this level of service. Its a 2016 car purchased from them to make matters worse. Selling plenty cars and don't care about anything else.

I had a not to dissimilar issue with my wife's car a few years ago, i solved it by driving to the garage, parking the car at the door, walked in and handed the keys to the service manager and told him id be back that evening to collect the car. Literally turned and walked out. It worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭john1963

why was your friend paying 1300 for repairs on 2016 car, was it crashed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

john1963 wrote: »

Ya somebody damaged front bumper. They paid for it when he collected it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭JoeA3

john1963 wrote: »

The cruise / radar sensor is ridiculously expensive to repair / replace / calibrate, so I've heard. So even a minor enough tip can cost big bucks.

OP, sounds like a very poor dealer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,856 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Would it be a safety issue too if you thought it was working and it wasn't or was it obvious it wasn't fixed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

JoeA3 wrote: »
    The cruise / radar sensor is ridiculously expensive to repair / replace / calibrate, so I've heard. So even a minor enough tip can cost big bucks.

OP, sounds like a very poor dealer...

Edit : have you went back and talked in person over this? It's a difficult issue to avoid really

Ya I couldn't believe it. New bumper and recalibrate sensor was the job. Paid money drove off. Tried cc and got an error. Went straight back and "oh sorry we fkrgot to do it". Now won't return calls. The service manager there is very unpleasant in his attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Escalate to the head of the dealership, and from there to the main brand rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

Ya I couldn't believe it. New bumper and recalibrate sensor was the job. Paid money drove off. Tried cc and got an error. Went straight back and "oh sorry we fkrgot to do it". Now won't return calls. The service manager there is very unpleasant in his attitude.

Try the park car at door, throw keys in and tell them you'll collect later.

If thats ignored then go to the head of the dealership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I think the Active Cruise Control sensor also has a function as part of the "City Stop" (or whatever VW call it), which is an essential piece of safety equipment on the car, and if that isn't functioning correctly then the VW dealer should not have let the car off their premises.

I'd be checking this with VW Ireland (Contact details - https://app-ssl.volkswagen.ie/en/features/dbs_forms/dbs_contact_form_ie.htx) and if they confirm that an uncalibrated Cruise Control Radar can effect the Active Braking system in the car, then they'll take it up with Blackwater.

• Advertisement

Yep. I was very surprised with the whole think. Personally I would be working overtime to get it sorted if I made such a poor error. Contacting VW Ireland is a good idea. The gas thing is a small bit of manners and a phone call as promised Monday or Tuesday and there'd be no issue at all.

Definitely lesson learned anyway. Personally had dealings with them buying my car in January and it was also a very poor experience which I posted about at the time.

Advertisement