Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in and around Maynooth

Options
  • 25-08-2016 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

This is a repost. Does anyone know of anyone willing to hire a student in Maynooth? I don't live there but I will be moving there for college in September. I know getting a job as a student must be extremely hard over there but I am willing to try my hardest to get one. So for now I just want to know if anyone has any information on Jobs in that area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

Samurai12 wrote: »
    This is a repost. Does anyone know of anyone willing to hire a student in Maynooth? I don't live there but I will be moving there for college in September. I know getting a job as a student must be extremely hard over there but I am willing to try my hardest to get one. So for now I just want to know if anyone has any information on Jobs in that area?

Maynooth will have a lot of jobs for students,although it is key for you to get there early and hand out cvs everywhere. It would be best if you could get up before the college year to try get in before everyone else!

But you have to be open to what you work at. Ie don't rely on getting a job in something that you are studying as you would be disappointed if you don't get it. So throw your cvs everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Samurai12

Maynooth will have a lot of jobs for students,although it is key for you to get there early and hand out cvs everywhere. It would be best if you could get up before the college year to try get in before everyone else!

But you have to be open to what you work at. Ie don't rely on getting a job in something that you are studying as you would be disappointed if you don't get it. So throw your cvs everywhere!

Thanks, Do you have any tips on places to go to first?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Depends on what you want to do?
    Lots of bars/restaurants in the town if that takes your fancy.
    Also a big Tesco
    Its a busy town so would be worth walking around

• Registered Users Posts: 68,869 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tesco, Dunnes have lots of part time staff; weeknight bar staff jobs are usually available albeit a bit desctructive to studying and usually want experience. Have you any previous experience of any kind?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Samurai12

L1011 wrote: »
    Tesco, Dunnes have lots of part time staff; weeknight bar staff jobs are usually available albeit a bit desctructive to studying and usually want experience. Have you any previous experience of any kind?
    The only experience I have is working as a cleaner of sorts and also working under a contractor as an assistant for about 10 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

Samurai12 wrote: »
    The only experience I have is working as a cleaner of sorts and also working under a contractor as an assistant for about 10 weeks.

There are a few people looking for cleaners on the Maynooth Notice Boards Facebook group if that was something you wanted to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Always a few jobs going in Liffey Valley as well.

Advertisement