Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changed car insurance to different car but no insurance disc received

Options
  • 25-08-2016 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

I have my car insurance with you and changed my car on August 13th. I rang on Friday 12th August to get the policy changed over to the new vehicle for the following day, which was done and was told they would send the new insurance disc out.

I waited a week and no disc arrived so I rang again Monday just gone (22nd) and told them I still hadnt received it. They told me they would send it again and it would be with me by Wednesday(yesterday)at the latest. Todays post has arrived and it still hasnt.

I have had to ring again today(each of these calls having a wait time of 15-20 minutes) and request again. i was told that the house number was missing from my address on file but this seems like a feeble excuse as I have my original insurance disc from you that was sent by post when I took out a policy with you.

Can you look into this for me please and please arrange for the disc to be sent to me, preferably by courier as it is now two weeks I am driving around without a valid insurance disc and it is most likely going to drag into a third.

i have to say I find it completely unprofessional that such a basic thing is causing so much trouble for you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

adox wrote: »
    Hello

I have my car insurance with you and changed my car on August 13th. I rang on Friday 12th August to get the policy changed over to the new vehicle for the following day, which was done and was told they would send the new insurance disc out.

I waited a week and no disc arrived so I rang again Monday just gone (22nd) and told them I still hadnt received it. They told me they would send it again and it would be with me by Wednesday(yesterday)at the latest. Todays post has arrived and it still hasnt.

I have had to ring again today(each of these calls having a wait time of 15-20 minutes) and request again. i was told that the house number was missing from my address on file but this seems like a feeble excuse as I have my original insurance disc from you that was sent by post when I took out a policy with you.

Can you look into this for me please and please arrange for the disc to be sent to me, preferably by courier as it is now two weeks I am driving around without a valid insurance disc and it is most likely going to drag into a third.

i have to say I find it completely unprofessional that such a basic thing is causing so much trouble for you.
    Good Afternoon adox, 

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie I am sorry to hear that this procedure has taken so long and your disc has not yet arrived. If you would like PM me your Name and contact details I would be happy to arrange a callback from RSA to you. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

Advertisement