Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sand cost

Options
  • 25-08-2016 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am buying 6 tonne of sand approx.
    Looking for coarse washed sand (I think it's sometimes called construction sand).

What kind of prices should I be seeing? I'll need to get it delivered.

THanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭FiOT

d31b0y wrote: »
    Hi, I am buying 6 tonne of sand approx.
    Looking for coarse washed sand (I think it's sometimes called construction sand).

What kind of prices should I be seeing? I'll need to get it delivered.

THanks!

We recently paid 320e for 20 tonne and then 80e for 2 tonne so I guess it's cheaper the more you get. Both delivered prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

That's some price difference...
    Was that from the same supplier each time or different suppliers?
    I expect it to go down the more you buy but from €16 per tonne to €40 per tonne!? Mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭FiOT

d31b0y wrote: »
    That's some price difference...
    Was that from the same supplier each time or different suppliers?
    I expect it to go down the more you buy but from €16 per tonne to €40 per tonne!? Mad.

The issue was trying to get someone to deliver 2 tonne, most of the bigger, competitively priced companies wouldn't look at us for that much. Different companies yes, but as always anything that can be dumped a truck is cheapest! (Well in my experience so far). I suppose we paid a good bit more because we needed it at that point...

Advertisement