Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain got into FR110 - time to buy?

Options
  • 25-08-2016 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

I have had the above for about 3 years. I was out for a run in rain and after a while looked down to a blank watch.

It has happened before and I left it for a day to dry out and it was fine.
    I put it into a lunch box with rice but the screen is not coming on. I did a hard reset and afterwards the buttons seemed to be functioning so I reckon the electronics are ok. I also opened it up and it looked ok.

Should I just leave it dry out for another few days? It has been about 3 days now.

I was thinking of newer options like the 230 and the 920. I definitely want something fully waterproof.
    The 230 looks nice and could be worn all the time but as I have a nickel allergy it rules that out.
    The 920 is over €330 or thereabouts while the 230 is about €200.

Would my heart rate monitor from the FR110 work with these? It might save me a few quid.
    I don't really want the smart notifications just a good reliable fullywaterproof gps watch that would have bluetooth/wifi uploads and a quick satellite pickup.
    The 110 has become very slow to pick up - sometimes upto 2 mins.

Thanks

Advertisement