Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer service representative cut me off for asking to speak to a manager

Options
  • 25-08-2016 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi,

I am trying to get an broadband set up with Eir, however it seems that everything is being done to frustrate the process. I requested broadband package, was provided with a date for install of phone line to start. Line was installed and then nothing. I rang Eir wondering when will broadband be installed, I was advised that I had to contact Eir to get this set up!? I was never made aware that I had to follow up following phone line set up to order broadband set up. As far as I am concerned , I ordered broadband from Eir, that was the request from the outset, I shouldn't need to be contacting Eir again once the line is set up.

I was advised yesterday that if I ring today I will be provided with an installation date for broadband.  I just rang this afternoon at 14.50 to get an update. I was advised that there was a technical issue, which is not related to the line but related to Eir systems. When I said that I wanted to know more about what was happening and that I would like to speak to the escalations team, I was told that someone would ring me in the next 3 business days to provide me with information. When I asked to speak a manager I was advised that all of the managers were in a meeting and the support agents manager was not available to speak to me. I said I would wait to speak to the manager, at which point the support agent cut me off, simply for requesting to speak to a manager.

Is this the way you treat your customers? When they request answers and seek to speak to a manager, you just cut them off and silence them???

Rude and unsatisfactory customer service when I called 1901 

Advertisement