Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to the City!

Options
  • 25-08-2016 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all, I just moved to Galway and want to join some clubs/teams to meet some new people! I hear tag-rugby is very big in Galway and great fun. I'd also love to play some ladies basketball, soccer or gaa but for the social side of things rather than on a competitive basis!! I am 27 so a bit of fun and a laugh is more what I look for when it comes to sports!! Any suggestions would be great, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Hi all, I just moved to Galway and want to join some clubs/teams to meet some new people! I hear tag-rugby is very big in Galway and great fun. I'd also love to play some ladies basketball, soccer or gaa but for the social side of things rather than on a competitive basis!! I am 27 so a bit of fun and a laugh is more what I look for when it comes to sports!! Any suggestions would be great, thanks!

Where in the city are you based? Tag is summer carry on as far as I know. Most clubs in Galway are very welcoming to new members.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RossieGirl2016

I'm out near corrib village/Westwood hotel. I know there's a few clubs out that but just wanted to see did anyone know of somewhere offhand that catered for "less competitive" teams as well as competitive ones!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 anniegrass?

No? I do

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check www.meetup.com/cities/ie/galway/
    They have a bunch of things that may interest

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Julbak

Also as someone new to Galway City, I'll take this suggestions into account. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

There's a dodgeball club that meets in Westside on Mondays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Titans basketball meet in Westside community centre. http://www.titans.ie/wp/
    You are in a great location for sports as a lot of clubs train at the university sports centre in dangan (next to Corrib village).

Advertisement