Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite perfume?

Options
  • 25-08-2016 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭

Hello lovely ladies and gents!

So I'm running low on fragrances and in the mood for a change to the usual so thought I'd throw it out to the floor for suggestions :-)

For the last few years I've been solidly sticking to Angel by Thierry Mugler, La Vie est Belle by Lancome and Coco Mademoiselle - which I adore, but getting a bit bored now!

So what's your favourite perfume?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I tried to buy a cheaper alternative to Coco Mademoiselle last year because I was using it way too much and I came across Chloe Love Story. Although it only worked out to be about €10-€15 cheaper. While I love it and do wear it lots, It just doesn't have the staying power of the Chanel so I just keep going back to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

I love J'adore by Dior. Good for day and night wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭RuckingSwimmer

Layinghen wrote: »
    I love J'adore by Dior. Good for day and night wear.

+1 for this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

I love any Marc Jacobs Daisy perfumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

YSL Black Opium is beautiful.

A colleague wears Gucci Bamboo and that's fab, might pick it up for myself!

Honorable mention to Lancome Hypnose too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I love - Coco Mademoiselle
    Hypnotic Poison - Dior
    Insolence - Guerlain

All as eau de parfum!

Insolence is my most recent acquisition and I love it! If you like Angel and the level of sillage from Angel you'd like Insolence, it's accurately described as a 'sillage bomb'. I love it because while it's still very much a Guerlain, it's wearable during the day and it was designed exactly with someone like me in mind apparently - 'someone who doesn't feel ready for a Guerlain', as in 'Paris' etc. It has the lovely balanced nature with something extra special thrown in. An amazing violet concoction! If you've ever tried Parisienne by YSL and liked it, this is just a way way better version of that! I was actually going to get a bottle of Parisienne and the shop assistant recommended it and it blew Parisienne out of the water! EDP is way better than EDT, totally different beasts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Bright Crystal - Versace
    Light Blue - Dole & Gabbana

I don't have this one, but Burberry recently released a parfum called Black which is really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Nina by Nina Ricci :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Escentric Molecule 01

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Dark Amber and Ginger Lily by Joe Malone, I love Joe Malone fragrances!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dreoilin

Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana is heaven. Also very fond of Daisy by Marc Jacobs.

My cheaper go to is Noa by Cacharel.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Plus one for YSL Black Opium

And I would frequently wear;
    Armani Code Woman
    Victoria Beckham Intimate
    Noa

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

My favourites at the moment are YSL Black Opium, La Vie Est Belle, Kenzo Flower and (old favourite I tend to go back to every few years) YSL Baby Doll. The newish Marc Jacobs one in the heinous green bottle, Decadence, is strangely gorgeous but I haven't been sure enough of it to buy it just yet! I think it might be my next purchase, it's very Wintery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Mrs C is a no5 woman

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭anon71

Light Blue - Dolce & Gabbana and Eau de Jardin - Clarins both for Summer wear. Wore DKNY for years, starting to come back to it again.

Have loads of cheap perfumes from Sam McCauleys, mostly celebs, Celine Dion, Halle Berry and others, but they have very poor staying power.

I'm on the hunt for a new smell myself. I've had a couple of small samples of the Marc Jacobs Decadence. I wasn't sure at first but it did grow on me and the scent lasted really well, but when I asked for opinions I was told I smelled "like one of them candle air fresheners".

Might get a few more samples if I can, it's too expensive to fork out for if I smell like an Airwick!! Further research required.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Clinique Happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Clinique aromatics

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

Still has to be Hugo Boss red . Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

Was a huge fan of Thierry Mugler . But converted now x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Nuxe is simply amazing

• Advertisement

I only like the very lightest of 'green' scents, so its either Roger & Gallet Cedrat or L'Occitane The Vert before they inexplicably discontinued it.

I liked Noa a couple of years ago, but finally linked the number of low grade headaches I was having to the days I wore it and had to give a bottle away. Still love the scent, just can't wear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I wear light blue during the day and flower bomb at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I wear Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb. It is such a beautuful clean, creamy smell.

A friend recently started wearing Paco Rabanne Olympia and I love it so that will be my next treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Daisy78

The one perfume I wear consistently is Narcisso Rodriguez For Her. It's a lovely musk based fragrance with a touch of spice, I always get lots of compliments when I wear it.

During the Summer I tend to wear a lighter fragrance such as Jo Malone's Blackberry and Bay or Cardamom and Mimosa. They sit nicely on your skin and don't have that sickly sweet smell that some perfumes have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Lacoste Touch of Pink

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cleopatra11

New favourite is Bronze Goddess by Estee Lauder.
    Penhaligon Juniper Sling is amazing.
    Both above are summer perfumes. My fav winter one is Jazz Club by Maison Martin Margiela.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Jadore by Dior
    Miu miu, I'm obsessed with that.
    I got a new Versace one last week that's gorgeous too, damned if I can remember the name

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I bought myself Armani Si (with the peach writing on the box, there's so many of them, so I thought I'd specify which one) today. I'm absolutely loving it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 santry

Sheer Beauty by Calvin Klein for the day and Issey Miyake for the night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

J'Adore by Dior has been my signature scent for YEARS but I also adore Nina by Nina Ricci.
    It smells like nothing else.

Advertisement