Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite perfume?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I love Romance by Ralph Lauren. Wore it fir years

I recently felt like a change and bought Gucci 'Bamboo' it's fabulous

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

My go-to every day* perfumes are J'Adore and Calvin Klein Euphoria. I used to wear Flowerbomb but kind of got bored of it. I got an Estée Lauder Modern Muse Le Rouge sample, which is gorgeous and long-lasting too.

In the evening I like Bvlgari Jasmin Noir.

*Do most people wear perfume every day?

Yes I wear bamboo every day. Not too much, but just enough

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

My favourites are Black Opium, Dolce Floral Drops, Olympea and Hugo Boss Ma Vie.

I also really like the new Hugo Boss The Scent, and the new Lacoste L1212 range. YSL Mon Paris is lovely too but I don't find it lasts on me at all.

Lisha wrote: »
    Yes I wear bamboo every day. Not too much, but just enough

Sorry, should have said I wear perfume every day too, but I know some people see it as an indulgence. One colleague told me she never smells perfume on me and was surprised I would bother wearing it just to come into work :rolleyes::pac:

• Advertisement

Malari wrote: »
    Sorry, should have said I wear perfume every day too, but I know some people see it as an indulgence. One colleague told me she never smells perfume on me and was surprised I would bother wearing it just to come into work :rolleyes::pac:

I'd hate not to have it on tbh.
    I don't use a body spray, just a non smelly anti perspirant, so I think I'd need some perfume. But I think it's z complement that she said she couldn't really smell it. Shows you not wearing too much.
    I normally not have one perfume on the go at a time that way all my scarfs, jackets, cardis etc smell the same.
    So I need one that's nice but suited to day wear.
    I see nuxe referenced above, I must try that next I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 KatieBelle92

Si by Armani is my favourite but it's expensive! The Ibiza perfume from River Island is gorgeous and it's cheap so it's good for everyday use.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,444 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Malari wrote: »

I wear perfume to work every day as well. Main reason being is that I can smell my wrists when someone with BO walks past.

One shocking thing that I have discovered from working in an office is the amount of men and women that opt not to wear any form of deodorant. Not very pleasant during the hot weather!

I loved Armani Diamonds on a work colleague. Bought it myself and had to bin it. It was rotten on me. Weird thing is I still like it on her. I could overly smell it on myself And it smelled rotten on me. Very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I wear the body lotion every day..small spray of perfume as well most days.I love the lotion more than the perfume tbh and it seems to last much longer on me.

• Advertisement

Lisha wrote: »
    I'd hate not to have it on tbh.
    I don't use a body spray, just a non smelly anti perspirant, so I think I'd need some perfume. But I think it's z complement that she said she couldn't really smell it. Shows you not wearing too much.
    I normally not have one perfume on the go at a time that way all my scarfs, jackets, cardis etc smell the same.
    So I need one that's nice but suited to day wear.
    I see nuxe referenced above, I must try that next I think.

Yeah, if I pick up a scarf that I've worn the day before I can smell it on that so I reckon it's just my smell and she's not identifying it as a particular strong perfume.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I find that I've stuck to the same perfumes for the last 10 years.
    Love Kenzo flower. Big fan of Lacoste (Touch of Pink and Pour Femme) and Mark Jacobs Daisy perfumes.
    I'm wearing a Michael Kors perfume atm, Glam Jasmine, it's ok, it's fine for work.
    Apart from the Michael Kors perfume I really do seem to just keep repurchasing (or get regifted) the same perfumes over the past 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

I'm usually nose blind to perfume, but have always had a thing for White Linen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Absolute favourite is Un Jardin Sur le Nil (Hermés) - amazingly fresh, green and complex, it also ages down really well.
    Also love L'Eau D'Issey (Issey Miyake) -another fresh, not too sweet perfume. Kelly Caleche (Hermés) and Pure Poison (Dior) are also gorgeous. I used to have some Parfum D'ete (Kenzo) which I must replace, it was really lovely as I remember.

I like to switch around my perfumes quite a lot; I hate when you wear the same one for a few days in a row and you stop being able to smell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Armani acqua di gioia always return to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭princess3901

I have a few go to perfumes as like you I got bored with my regular perfume which was Lady Milllion by Paco Rabanne.
    I now have
    Viktor &Rolf - Bon Bon
    Gucci - Guilty
    Gucci - Bamboo
    Paco Rabanne - Olympea

I change it up everyday now depending on my mood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

At the moment I've eccentric molecule 01 and Armani Gold ( the one in the can which I've heard they are discontinuing :()
    On the go.
    Hated the molecule at the start now I'm addicted to it.

For winter I love a deeper scent something like Jean Paul Guttiear classique or Hugo boss deep red.

I love agent provocateur maistuer (gold bottle) too. Frickin gorgeous but expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭anon71

So bought the Marc Jacobs Decadence. Tried samples of Decadence and Divine Decadence and preferred the stronger one. Think it will be only for "good wear". I think its too strong for day wear and at €80 plus for 50ml, I wouldn't be splashing it on.

Now I need to find a nice day perfume. Might go back to DKNY but wouldn't say no to a change either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

So I ended up ordering Marc Jacobs Decadence too and D&G Light Blue for day wear. I used to wear it a lot about ten years ago and wore it out so switched but the nostalgia factor is strong! Decadence was just based off of the glowing reviews here, have yet to smell it but am excited!

Lots more here I want to try so will probably dip in and out of this as I run out. That Molecule one sounds fascinating, gets great reviews and the idea is a bit mad...maybe next time!

Thank you all for the solid advice. Here's hoping I'll be smelling like a big ride really soon :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I love men's perfumes, especially Fahrenheit by Dior and Kenzo for men. I would love to get the Lush Karma but it seems a bit steep at 56£ (ahm in the UK). Just go into the shop and dowse myself ;)

• Advertisement

beks101 wrote: »
    So I ended up ordering Marc Jacobs Decadence too and D&G Light Blue for day wear. I used to wear it a lot about ten years ago and wore it out so switched but the nostalgia factor is strong! Decadence was just based off of the glowing reviews here, have yet to smell it but am excited!

Lots more here I want to try so will probably dip in and out of this as I run out. That Molecule one sounds fascinating, gets great reviews and the idea is a bit mad...maybe next time!

Thank you all for the solid advice. Here's hoping I'll be smelling like a big ride really soon :D;)

Hope you like the Marc Jacobs. I would have tried it first before I bought, its pretty intense and might not be for everyone.

I'm also going with Light Blue for daytime. Got a spritz today and fell back in love.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Forever & Ever by Christian Dior and Chanel no.5 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb

dolce & gabbana pour femme

dolce gabbana pour femme intense

I've smelt one if the Si and liked it, and a Michael kors perfume - rose gold I think.

I've got nearly €120 in points on my boots card which I'm saving for a post Christmas splurge....

And yes, perfume every day!

My first scents were les belles nina ricci and dewberry from the body shop...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I like Chanel no 5 but kind of associate it with older women, so I was intrigued to see they've released a 'younger sister' version of this perfume L'eau No. 5. Saw it in a chemist today and without thinking I sprayed it on myself, oh my life it's vile. It actually smells like hairspray. Like actual hairspray. I defy anyone to tell me any different. Stunk of hairspray then for the remainder of the day.

Anyway my favs are,
    YSL Black Opium
    Stella by Stella Mc Cartney
    Givenchy Eau de Moiselle
    Jo Malone Blackberry and Bay
    Jo Malone Nutmeg and Ginger
    The original Chloe perfume

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Lancôme La Vie est Belle intense, absolutely gorgeous. Lancôme midnight rose, Dior poison girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Well beks101, how did you get on with the Marc Jacobs Decadence? Dying to know whether you like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

dee_mc wrote: »
    Well beks101, how did you get on with the Marc Jacobs Decadence? Dying to know whether you like it!

I'm in love with this perfume. It arrived a few days ago and I wore it to work the next day and got a bunch of "oh my god you smells amazing" comments, always a good sign.

At first I wasn't sure as it's quite a strong, distinct smell, very woody and musky and I tend to go for perfumes with more floral, fruity notes, but after the initial burst of fragrance it sort of calms down and I started smelling the undertones and could smell them all day. 12 hours later it was still going strong, great lasting power.

Think I'll probably be reserving it for nights out and occasions as it's so strong but definitely a new favourite! Thanks for the recommendation :)

beks101 wrote: »
    I'm in love with this perfume. It arrived a few days ago and I wore it to work the next day and got a bunch of "oh my god you smells amazing" comments, always a good sign.

At first I wasn't sure as it's quite a strong, distinct smell, very woody and musky and I tend to go for perfumes with more floral, fruity notes, but after the initial burst of fragrance it sort of calms down and I started smelling the undertones and could smell them all day. 12 hours later it was still going strong, great lasting power.

Think I'll probably be reserving it for nights out and occasions as it's so strong but definitely a new favourite! Thanks for the recommendation :)

That's exactly how I feel about this perfume. It does spray very strong but the lasting power when it does calm is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,444 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I don't want to step on any toes here but I went into Debenhams at the weekend to try Decadence considering that nearly everyone here recommends it.

So I always have a quick sniff of the bottle before I try any perfume and tbh I didn't try Decadence as I thought that it smelled like cat piss from the bottle! :(

Am I alone in thinking this? Is this the way that it smells from the bottle?

• Advertisement

I don't want to step on any toes here but I went into Debenhams at the weekend to try Decadence considering that nearly everyone here recommends it.

So I always have a quick sniff of the bottle before I try any perfume and tbh I didn't try Decadence as I thought that it smelled like cat piss from the bottle! :(

Am I alone in thinking this? Is this the way that it smells from the bottle?

Ah no, I didn't get that smell from it. I suppose everyone's nose is different. I've smelled some of the perfumes recommended here and I think they're rank but others love them. I wore DKNY for years but never recognised it on anyone else. To my nose it smelled completely different.

So it's probably just a perfume that's not to your taste (or nose) as it were.

Advertisement