Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part IV tenancy term query

Options
  • 25-08-2016 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a 2 bed apartment. 12 month lease signed by 3 tenants June 2013. New 12 month leases were signed June 2014 and June 2015. However only 1 of the original 3 tenants to sign in 2013 now remains.

My question is for the purposes of Part IV is the Part IV from June 2013. Or is it only from June 2013 for the guy that's still in situ. Does the length of part IV go by the length the tenant is there. Or is it seen as continuous for the tenants that came in and replaced the original 2 that left. So that the 2 new tenants take over the part iv term of the previous tenants. Or is this nullified by all 3 signing new fixed term lease. It is one lease for the apartment with 3 signatories.

Many thanks for your help.

Baby

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

As soon as a replacement tenant is there for 6 months they acquire the same Part 4 rights as are already in force on the tenancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

As soon as a replacement tenant is there for 6 months they acquire the same Part 4 rights as are already in force on the tenancy.

Many thanks Michael D,

So if I needed to, after June 2017 I could give 112 days notice to terminate the tenancy without giving a reason?

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Yes

Advertisement