Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent a room scheme and receipts

Options
  • 25-08-2016 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi

Have never rented a room out before. I know that I do not have to provide reciepts for rent but what happens if I do, or am I missing something here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭iainBB

shannon82 wrote: »
    Hi

Have never rented a room out before. I know that I do not have to provide reciepts for rent but what happens if I do, or am I missing something here?

What receipts can I ask. The logger i guess would pay you into your bank account at set amount and at the end of the year you declare it to the nice folks at revenue. That you earned it under the rent a room scheme.

Better to change a set amount rather then split the bills but you could do it that way. But I would keep everything . In the very off chance.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Discussion of tax evasion- of any nature whatsoever- is not acceptable.
    Anyone who breaks this rule will get a ban from this forum- without exception.
    There will be no further warnings on thread- this is your one and only warning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement