Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to get into PC gaming on a budget

Options
  • 25-08-2016 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hey guys, I'm looking for advice for a new PC, always owned laptops/playstations but looking for something which is powerful enough to play games (GTA V, Fallout 4, BF4,Skyrim) at 1080p with Medium/High Settings, handle Photoshop well and maybe some light video editing, on a tight budget as I'm in college atm.

One idea I have is to buy the following tower (which can be bought for €270 refurbished for a good company I've dealt with before;

i3-6100 3.7ghz skylake (2 cores, 4 threads, 5000ish CPU score)
    8gb ram
    1 TB 7200rpm HD
    PSU is only 180w
    No monitor.
    HD 530 Built in graphics
    2 year warranty

.....then pickup a GTX950 with a low power draw and perhaps a 22-24" monitor. This 'build' for lack of a better word, costs roughly under €500 with a GPU and monitor.

Is this a daft idea or are there better options out there on the budget? Total budget would be max €400-500.

Any help appreciated! Thanks

Comments

Advertisement