Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chances of getting a course in second round offers? CAO

• 25-08-2016 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey guys. I made my second CAO account this year and was not aware each year they wipe old records, so I assumed my Irish exemption was still on record - it was not. I woke up on monday with a letter that said "no offers" and burst into tears as I have 470 points and my first choice was 440 points.

I have fixed this mistake with cao, sent my exemption in, and was told all I can do is wait for second rounds.... but what is the chance there will be space for any of the courses I have on my list? I have four UCD options, the last being joint honor arts. Is there a chance I will be allocated a space?

I am already presuming I will not get my first choice as there are 40 places. This week has been really hard for me and I am afraid I won't get into college.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

There should certainly be a good chance for Arts, it really depends for options with smaller numbers.

The honest truth is that no-one can answer your question with any hope of accuracy, I'm afraid ... all we can say is that the bigger the course numbers, the bigger the chance.

All you can really do is cross your fingers and try to stay calm ... and yes, I know that's easy for me to say, not so easy for you to do! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭everesteduc

Did you have a look at the available places on www.cao.ie ? NUI Maynooth are offering Arts where you do the first year in Kilkenny and then transfer to Maynooth

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sadcao

There should certainly be a good chance for Arts, it really depends for options with smaller numbers.

The honest truth is that no-one can answer your question with any hope of accuracy, I'm afraid ... all we can say is that the bigger the course numbers, the bigger the chance.

All you can really do is cross your fingers and try to stay calm ... and yes, I know that's easy for me to say, not so easy for you to do! :)

Thanks very much with your response, I am really banking on general arts which is my best chance. I was at UCD a year and could not transfer into my preferred course without dropping out and reapplying with the CAO... and it all messed up horrendously! UCD is the only place I want to be :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sadcao

Did you have a look at the available places on cao.ie ? NUI Maynooth are offering Arts where you do the first year in Kilkenny and then transfer to Maynooth

I really only want to be in UCD as I was a student there for a year so the backup options i was looking at have been DBS and Griffith... I just really don't want it to come to that purely because I have already adapted so much to UCD :(

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Soolander

Hey I'm sorry to bring up an old thread like this but I am in the same position as you are. I was in Trinity last year and was unable to transfer course so they said my only option was to reapply to the CAO like yourself so I did. Like you I thought they had the previous year on record so they didn't have my grades on the system. Like you I burst into tears when I woke up to no offers. I have since sent in the correct details and I am now banking on round two offers. I'm just wondering did it work out for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

He hasn't been online since September '16, Soo ...

Advertisement