Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law@Ucc!

• 25-08-2016 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello guys,
    Just a few questions regarding Law in UCC.
    I am starting 5th year this September and am interested in pursuing a career in the legal world!

However, I would definitely like to attain a dual degree, like, Law and French. For the old LC, I will be doing French, German, Accounting and Economics, on top of the compulsory three.I really enjoy these subjects especially the languages as I go to school trí mhéan na Gaeilge!

Firstly, what is it like to study law?!!! Is it a case of learning it off by heart? Does it resemble Business/History?

Any Law and French/Irish/German Grads with feedback? Do ye think the language is beneficial and helps you to stand out in the ever competitive job market? Are the "top jobs" in the Eu such as a "Lawyer Linguist" achievable with the degree? What are job prospects in the whole like?

Although, I would say I prefer studying languages, I also really enjoy the business subjects. What's the law and business degree like?
    The law and B appeals to me because, I have heard you could work in a bank as a legal advisor or "in-house lawyer". Are these jobs hard to come by?

I hope that's not too many questions!
    Thank you:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Aoifetip

My sister did the Law and Business degree and loved it shes now training as a solicitor in a Dublin commercial firm. Word to the wise take extra courses in EU law she said she uses that a lot.

Advertisement