Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA Training

Options
  • 25-08-2016 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

This post has been deleted.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

both, you could have specific classes (ie, boxing, grapple, ground etc) and then mma ones where you bring it all together

• Registered Users Posts: 27 WalsheyBeast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Are you involved in a martial art
    If I was interested in mma I think Muay Thai would be a good start
    If I was serious I'd do bjj as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Where are you located and we can probably put you in touch with a good club in your area.

Most good MMA clubs will have different classes throughout the week, so for example one night you might have MMA sparring, another BJJ/wrestling, about could be boxing/Thai Boxing.

You don't have to start off with a back ground in Martial Arts, 'nor to you have to be specific and pick a style with the aim of eventually moving into MMA as most clubs now are pretty well rounded, and whereas back in the day few few actually started MMA from scratch, we all came from TKD, BJJ, Boxing, Judo etc ~ young lads now are starting MMA from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 WalsheyBeast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Met a guy before who trained in an MMA/BJJ gym in Wexford town if that's anywhere near you. Cant think of the name of it off the top of my head though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

John_D80 wrote: »
    Met a guy before who trained in an MMA/BJJ gym in Wexford town if that's anywhere near you. Cant think of the name of it off the top of my head though.

That would be Arena MMA club in Wexford town. I'm not entirely sure what the club is like, but the OP could start with his search there.

Alternatively OP you can post the same question in the Martial Arts forum were you might get a larger fighter/student audience as this forum 'tends to get bogged down in UFC chat.

I'm really not overly familiar with the south east of the country so I'm not much help there, sorry man.

Advertisement