Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get straight hair (Men)

Options
  • 25-08-2016 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hey all,

I have thick black hair and it's roughly 6 inches on top and 2 inches on the side. I'm growing it to get the hairstyle I used to have before I started in my new job. It was a Mohawk with a raw blade on the sides. Anyway, my new job doesn't mind as long as I slick it back.

I've been growing it and will be getting the sides done soon but last time I had this hairstyle, I had to blow-dry and straighten it everyday to spike it up. Even now, I just slick it back and I have to blow-dry it!! I have American crew super glue but that's still not strong enough as my hair is kind of wavey.

Basically , what is the best way to get straight hair??

I don't want to visit a salon or anything. I'm sick of using hair straighteners.

Is there any serem out there that'll straighten my hair??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

Google "serum for straightening wavy hair" and read through, you'll find the right one there I am sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

You'll need to chemically straighten it in a hair dressers or heat straighten it after every wash. Some treatments will help to speed up heat styling but there are no serums that straighten hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

GingerLily wrote: »
    You'll need to chemically straighten it in a hair dressers or heat straighten it after every wash. Some treatments will help to speed up heat styling but there are no serums that straighten hair.

+1 to this.

If there was some magic serum then girls would have found it ages ago. Serums will only reduce friz etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Deise_vixen

If you really don't want to visit a salon for a straightening treatment then you could try the TRESemme 7 day straight treatment. It is a set of shampoo, conditioner and straightening creme. I can't vouch for it as I get a 12 week blow dry to straighten my curly hair, but you could seek out some reviews and give it a go if they sound good enough?

Advertisement