Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One S - Where to buy?

• 26-08-2016 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys

Looking at buying an Xbox One S but it looks like they are sold out almost everywhere?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Alternatively would you recommend giving the One S a skip and just buy the original Xbox One instead?

All info much appreciated :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The 2TB launch edition had only limited supply, so it's sold out everywhere right now. Smaller version will be released soon, but I don't think anyone knows the exact date.

I'd say go for the S, it's got a few quality of life improvements that makes me recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The 500gb and 1tb models are due for release in the last 2 weeks of September, sometime between the 20-27th.

I'd go for the S due to it being the same size as a PS4 and you don't have the annoying external PSU brick.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,378 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I wouldn't worry about not getting the 2TB model either, it's just as easy to have an external HD hooked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Still plenty of stock in Gamestop stores. Use Store Locator to find if theres's stock near you. Sorry I can't post full URLs yet

gamestop ie/StoreLocator/Index?productId=58848

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

pcadhain wrote: »
    Still plenty of stock in Gamestop stores. Use Store Locator to find if theres's stock near you. Sorry I can't post full URLs yet

gamestop ie/StoreLocator/Index?productId=58848

They are sold out online but some stores do have stock alright but not much.

CEX have a few too from strange impulse buyers, can't imagine they would be too much past as new condition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

I know it's sold out online. But in brick and stores there are still plenty. Yellow icons means there are 3 or less in that store.

CEX charge 485 or 495 boxed (!) if you have way more money than sense.

Advertisement