Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 25), Aug 26-30

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

St Pats away is an absolute bogey for Bohs, haven't won there in about 6 years or so. We did smash the Saints 5-1 at home this season though. Would take a draw at this stage but won't hold my breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

CCFC need to smash Longford tonight. No sloppy 1-0s (though Id take it), the team needs to remember where the net is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

We need revenge after the hammering we got in Dalymount in May. Hoare is suspended so we are going to have to make a change in defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Need to stop the rot this evening and get back on track in the league. I know Wexford haven't been getting great results but anytime we have played them recently they've given us a hell of a game and we've had to pull late winners out of the back. Squad must also be knackered after our European exploits. Going to be a tricky game this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Cork should win and will win. Question is by how many. 2-0 or goal win and it is not great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

A draw for Limerick on Sunday and they'll officially be champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Two tough games for ourselves, hopefully our recent momentum can get give us the confidence to get something out of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Two tough games for ourselves, hopefully our recent momentum can get give us the confidence to get something out of them.

Id be very happy with 3 points from the two games. Will head to the Cork game Tuesday, hopefully get something there. Not good playing 2nd and 3Rd in a row, but think they're good enough to get something.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'd be surprised if Rovers get a point tonight, the defence is appalling and liable for stupid mistakes.

Edit: 0-2 great scoreline that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Very decent performance by the Youths going into the Leinster Senior Cup final on Monday. Really impressed by Sean Gannon for Dundalk. Great game of football I thought, referee a little card-happy but after last night's WCL ref I'm completely indifferent.

Also happy to report the crowds picked up a bit for the Youths men tonight too, got over 700 in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Pure crap from us tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Alfa Quadrifoglio

Omackeral wrote: »
    St Pats away is an absolute bogey for Bohs, haven't won there in about 6 years or so. We did smash the Saints 5-1 at home this season though. Would take a draw at this stage but won't hold my breath.

Great win for Bohemians tonight, class free kick from Curtis Byrne (class player needs to work harder). Was very surprised by the performance of St Pats, lacked urgency and intent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

I thought the Youths put in a great effort last night against a team so far ahead of the rest in the league. Dundalk showed real cuteness when there was any physical challenge by 'collapsing' as soon as there was any contact. A very poor referee bought it. This led to indiscipline by Youths players and some genuinely poor fouls to give away. Overall, I'm as happy as you can be after a defeat. Injuries are our problem, but the spirit shown last night leads me to think we should get out of trouble, just.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

A lovely meaningless trip to Cobh in 20 mins.... Can't see us getting anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

dfx- wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if Rovers get a point tonight, the defence is appalling and liable for stupid mistakes.

Edit: 0-2 great scoreline that.

Celebrating a goal has become a distant memory for us! If ever your defence was in for a grand time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Raf cretaro.. He just keeps going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

UCD v Limerick will be streamed live on the FAI's Youtube channel here. It's being broadcast from 17:50 and kicks off at 18:00. Presumably it's going to be similar quality to the President's Cup that was shown live. That one was pretty good. It had sound originally, but was muted by Youtube for copyright claims, probably by one of the record labels whose songs were unintentionally caught by the footage pre-match and at half time (really pathetic that they can get a 2+ hour video muted because of that).

Apart from the efforts by clubs to broadcast over Facebook, Periscope etc., when was the last time a First Division match in the normal season was shown live? I know the playoff final used to be shown by TG4 and Setanta, but when was the last time one from the normal league season was on? I have vague memories of the first and possibly only one being around 2006 or 2007. They definitely didn't show any when City were down there in 2010 and 2011, which was a very strong division - City, Derry, Limerick, a strong Shels and a strong Monaghan. I doubt they've shown any since it became an eight team division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Bad 2 pts lost last night away to Bray, looking like Rovers are in prime position to overtook Derry now.

Massive game between us next, really could be doing with winning it as Rovers have games in hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Apart from the efforts by clubs to broadcast over Facebook, Periscope etc., when was the last time a First Division match in the normal season was shown live? I know the playoff final used to be shown by TG4 and Setanta, but when was the last time one from the normal league season was on? I have vague memories of the first and possibly only one being around 2006 or 2007.
    The showed Finn Harps v Athlone in 2007 alright. The premier was done and dusted and we had been on a savage run of form... messed up that night and drew... and missed out on the title by a point :(
    Pretty sure its the only first division game to be shown live.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Congratulations Limerick.
    Annoyed that that's the third game against Limerick this season that we've thrown away at least a point. Just hope they keep the foot down and don't coast for the rest of the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bohs are 2-0 up on Wexford Youths in the ultra prestigious Leinster Senior Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

4-0 now in a thoroughly dominant performance from the Bohs.

It's a pity there was no camera here for Kurtis' first goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Got a right battering tonight, we were awful. Byrne's first goal was a beaut alright

Big game at the Cross tonight. Need the 3 points to keep pressure on.

Hoping brays form means they'll get something from tonight!

Both sides wouldn't mind a draw tonight I suppose but Derry favourites for me. Despite certain fixtures repeating themselves over and over, it seems like a hundred years since the last game at the Brandywell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Derry 1 up v Rovers, great win if they can hold on.

City 2 up v Bray. Expected really.

Dundalk 3-0 up v Crumlin, shiels scoring on his first start. Interestingly enough Darren Meenan didn't make the squad so maybe that's him finished with Dundalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

4-0 to City now. Thats 13 goals in the last 3 games now. Granted 2 of those were against Longford but good to see the team scoring again.

Bit more like it tonight, but the frustrating thing is that Bray were no worse then Bohs few weeks ago. That 1 point from Sligo/Bohs might cost us.

About 1500 at it. Probably lowest crowd I have seen for while (league wise). Really hate midweek games

• Advertisement

Eleven yellow cards in Tallaght and not one bad challenge.

I'm surprised the ball boys weren't booked since they were on the pitch too.

Abysmal performance by Bray. Cork well up for it, weren't allowing same mistakes as Friday.

If only the effort at the end went in, would've been class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It would gave won my buddy a nice few quid too as he had 4-1 backed.

Very straight forward win for City. Nice to see the goals spread around. And a clean sheet too.

Mushy wrote: »
    Abysmal performance by Bray. Cork well up for it, weren't allowing same mistakes as Friday.

If only the effort at the end went in, would've been class!
    Tbf I have seen worse then Bray at Cross this season getting something. Cork actually played for 90 minutes too rather then usual 45.

Our penalty was very soft too, not a pen, not that it made difference to result.

Advertisement