Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vampyr

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Finished it. Loved it until that last Boss. Would prefer to fight Pontiff Sulyvahn and Nameless King together than go through that again. Got one of the good endings. Ended up using your tactic above with the saber. Had a fully upgraded one with the blood ability though I'm not sure where it came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got the platinum, lot of fun killing everyone, 40k XP as well as some of the best weapons in the game and a ton of money. Unlife is Strange trophy was just lovely :)

The dragonbane sword was very underwhelming for the amount of work you have to put in for it.

Overall, loved the game, absolute gem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Got the platinum, lot of fun killing everyone, 40k XP as well as some of the best weapons in the game and a ton of money. Unlife is Strange trophy was just lovely :)

The dragonbane sword was very underwhelming for the amount of work you have to put in for it.

Overall, loved the game, absolute gem.

I watered the plants but that trophy didn't unlock. I'm not particularly into trophies and this is currently at 54% (think my highest trophy count is 95% in Arkham Knight) but it annoyed me when it didn't unlock it. Anyway, kicked off a new Scholar of the First Sin run as never did the DLC for Dark Souls 2.

You have to sleep 3 nights and then check on it :)

This worth €35. Going for that on CDkeys.

• Advertisement

This worth €35. Going for that on CDkeys.

Yupp definitely worth that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Wanna play this myself. Probably wait until it's €20.
    It's not that I am mean.... it's just after paying full price for games for so many years (I am even going back to the ps2 days!) I can't really justify paying full price for games anymore or anywhere close.

I remember buying so many xbox original games and barely or ever playing them. Then seeing them so cheap a short time lately. Madness looking back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the long loading times to get back into the game are just as bad.

do you have a Ryzen chip as I originally started playing this on Intel and then rebuilt my PC with an AMD and it is taking minutes to get back into the game
    Seemingly it is a known bug which they haven't sorted yet

Skerries wrote: »
    do you have a Ryzen chip as I originally started playing this on Intel and then rebuilt my PC with an AMD and it is taking minutes to get back into the game
    Seemingly it is a known bug which they haven't sorted yet

Nope but Sony has reportedly been working with AMD and rumors are that the PS5 will use Ryzen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Skerries wrote:
    do you have a Ryzen chip as I originally started playing this on Intel and then rebuilt my PC with an AMD and it is taking minutes to get back into the game Seemingly it is a known bug which they haven't sorted yet

If you set the CPU affinity to 4 cores via the Task Manager, that solves the loading times issue. You might lose a bit of performance though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Fox 21 Television Studios has optioned the rights to develop Vampyr as a series with McG at the helm

https://deadline.com/2018/08/vampyr-video-game-optioned-for-series-development-by-fox-21-tv-studios-mcgs-wonderland-1202446443/

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Just got this game recently.

Just got to the hospital so early days, its not bad, combat is not great though.

Any tips ? am I better off being a real vampire the first playthrough instead of trying to save everyone.

Just got this game recently.

Just got to the hospital so early days, its not bad, combat is not great though.

Any tips ? am I better off being a real vampire the first playthrough instead of trying to save everyone.

Good/bad vampire both have pros and cons. Being straight up baddie gets you nice bursts of xp early to unlock skills but killing everyone locks you out of sidequests. Being good opens up more side quests to help people and can make the game harder as you won't have as much do to upgrade. You can also be inbetween, be good, help people, open sidequests and complete character development. Also heal the sick. The more you get to know people, there could rating will go up and healing people will mean better blood. When they are ripe, bite away for a huge xp burst.

Combat definitely gets better the more you upgrade your skills.

I'd recommend following stories linking characters, increasing potential xp and when you have their story complete, you can find if they are helping people or being a Bollox and can kill them if they are hurting people or just being bad in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Good/bad vampire both have pros and cons. Being straight up baddie gets you nice bursts of xp early to unlock skills but killing everyone locks you out of sidequests. Being good opens up more side quests to help people and can make the game harder as you won't have as much do to upgrade. You can also be inbetween, be good, help people, open sidequests and complete character development. Also heal the sick. The more you get to know people, there could rating will go up and healing people will mean better blood. When they are ripe, bite away for a huge xp burst.

Combat definitely gets better the more you upgrade your skills.

I'd recommend following stories linking characters, increasing potential do and when you have their story complete, you can find if they are helping people or being a Bollox and can kill them if they are hurting people or just being bad in general.

Oh that is pretty cool, just like real life then there are people being arses haha.

Oh that is pretty cool, just like real life then there are people being arses haha.

Most of them are arses, not much to be happy/good about in that setting :) I can't remember for sure but killing certain people even causes whole districts to go into chaos as they might have been a pillar of their community. I loved that whole aspect. Don't Nod deserved more respect for this game, highly underrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Installed this on the xbox game pass, gonna fire it up tonight.

Would this game be best played on a joypad or keyboard/mouse? Does the game require much aiming?

Also, any pointers in regards to how to play? I dont know much, i just know you can be be good or evil, and ones easier than the other but you can miss out on content/quests playing one way?

So im guessing being evil makes you more powerful quicker but you miss out on a load of side missions from killing the NPC's? Am i way off?

Nevermind, answers at the top of the bloody thread

:pac::pac::pac:

Must get back into playing this. Did so for about two hours then stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Good game ruined by sh1te combat and no fast travel imho

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

Good game ruined by sh1te combat and no fast travel imho

Agreed. Just lacked a bit of polish too that could have lifted it.

yeah and the difficulty just ramps up later in the game

• Advertisement

Still enjoying it..great story telling etc The vampire powers are decent and fun.

Just living on rats and skal..hangover from playing the tabletop Masquerade game ...think I'm missing out on loads of xp :)

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

I am just starting this and in the middle of chapter 2, finding it extremely slow and not able to get into it at all. This thread as also but me off with people complaining of the seemingly unfair difficulty in some of the bosses and lack of fast travel.

The question is should i plow on, i had gone in expecting a witcher lite and so far it is anything but.

recyclops wrote: »
    I am just starting this and in the middle of chapter 2, finding it extremely slow and not able to get into it at all. This thread as also but me off with people complaining of the seemingly unfair difficulty in some of the bosses and lack of fast travel.

The question is should i plow on, i had gone in expecting a witcher lite and so far it is anything but.
    For me its more story driven (ie interacting with NPCS and getting info etc)I did find the game did spike in difficulty (and combat system can be hit and miss) but if you do the side missions you should be ok.

Again its for you to decide if you wanna continue. A witcher lite it ain't.

Considering buying this tomorrow along with The Division 2. Been wanting to get it for a while but was waiting for the so-called bugs to be patched first.

If you are on Xbox just get gamer pass. It's on there the last while.

I played it on normal and the difficulty ramped up later on in the game for me

Advertisement