If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guarantee query - cone damage/flaw?

Options
  • 26-08-2016 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I picked up a set of Monitor audio MR4 from you about 18 months back that have a 6 year guarantee on them.

Yesterday I thought I was hearing a bit of an inconsistant sound from them (mainly from the left) and after some checking and finally removing the dust cover, I found a 1-1.5inch straight slit/crack from near center to near the 9 o clock edge on the outside on the upper of the 2 woofers (the mid/bass one).

This speaker has never left the room its in since the day it was bought, the av amp running them is also limited in volume to never go into positive dB (-80dB to 0dB).

I'm wondering is this a flaw or is there something i could have done to cause this?

Thanks.
    Benji.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi folks,

I picked up a set of Monitor audio MR4 from you about 18 months back that have a 6 year guarantee on them.

Yesterday I thought I was hearing a bit of an inconsistant sound from them (mainly from the left) and after some checking and finally removing the dust cover, I found a 1-1.5inch straight slit/crack from near center to near the 9 o clock edge on the outside on the upper of the 2 woofers (the mid/bass one).

This speaker has never left the room its in since the day it was bought, the av amp running them is also limited in volume to never go into positive dB (-80dB to 0dB).

I'm wondering is this a flaw or is there something i could have done to cause this?

Thanks.
    Benji.
    Hi Benji,

That does sound strange, I haven't had any back with that issue. Would you be able to take a picture and send it to me so I can have  look at it? If you email the pics to kenny@richersounds.ie I'll have a look and revert back.

Many thanks

David

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭BENJIspendlove

Hi David,

Just emailed on some photos of the crack there.

Benji.

Hi David,

Just emailed on some photos of the crack there.

Benji.
    No problem, I'll be in touch asap.

So folks, any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

So folks, any thoughts?
    It's a Bank Holiday in the UK today.

• Advertisement

Hi Benji,

I have forwarded the photos on to Monitor Audio and am waiting for them to get back to me with a diagnosis.

As soon as I hear back from them I will let you know their findings.

Apologies for the delay, we just have to ascertain how the fault occurred before we can order up a new driver.

Kind Regards

David

Hi Benji,

I have forwarded the photos on to Monitor Audio and am waiting for them to get back to me with a diagnosis.

Apologies for the delay, we just have to ascertain how the fault occurred before we can order up a new driver.

Kind Regards

David
    Hi David,

Thanks for that. Wish I knew how it happened myself, haven't had the covers off to check them before.

Benji.

Hi Benji,

Kind Regards

David
    Hi David,

Thanks for that. Wish I knew how it happened myself, haven't had the covers off to check them before.

Benji.
    No problem, Monitor Audio have been emailing us today so hopefully we'll have an answer soon.

David

Hi David,

Just wanted to say thanks to yourselves. New cone arrived, I installed it and its working great. 

Cheers for the quick resolution.

Benji.

Hi David,

Just wanted to say thanks to yourselves. New cone arrived, I installed it and its working great. 

Cheers for the quick resolution.

Benji.
    No problem at all, sorry you had an issue in the first place

Regards Stephen

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.