Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parent/Baby Groups in Maynooth or surrounding areas

Options
  • 26-08-2016 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, I'm looking for any info on any Parent/Baby Groups that I can attend. I have a 15week old (9 weeks corrected) little boy. He's been very reflux-y so I haven't been able to get out and about much yet. Getting a little cabin fever-ish!

Would happily go to Celbridge, Leixlip or further afield. PHN didn't really have any info on any.

Thank you!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Was a group of 8 or so in Shoda in Glenroyal Wed last week around 1pm. Not sure if it's a regular thing. Lots of space there, probably the best in Maynooth in terms of managing a large group like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

ixus wrote: »
    Was a group of 8 or so in Shoda in Glenroyal Wed last week around 1pm. Not sure if it's a regular thing. Lots of space there, probably the best in Maynooth in terms of managing a large group like that.

That sounds like the afters of the wednesday breastfeeding group. You could tag along to that maybe? Also I found baby massage classes were a great way to meet others. There's a very good instructor in maynooth. Pm me if you want the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Daintydoll1

The Public Health Nurses in Leixlip have a first time mother group every fortnight in Leixlip library. They weigh the babies and you can chat to them about any questions you might have.
    Everyone chats amongst each other while waiting then a more of a group chat when all the weighing & dressing is done. I made two lasting friendships through this group which was great as I was new to the area. The cabin fever is tough!
    Check out Leixlip library website for dates (or ring PHN 6244931). Maynooth library might have similar arrangement too.

The Public Health Nurses in Leixlip have a first time mother group every fortnight in Leixlip library. They weigh the babies and you can chat to them about any questions you might have.
    Everyone chats amongst each other while waiting then a more of a group chat when all the weighing & dressing is done. I made two lasting friendships through this group which was great as I was new to the area. The cabin fever is tough!
    Check out Leixlip library website for dates (or ring PHN 6244931). Maynooth library might have similar arrangement too.

Yes they do, it's on Fridays in maynooth health centre. Think it might be every 3rd Friday but I'd need to check that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Every Thursday in The Community Space over by the post office the toddler group runs from 10-12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 ElleToro

Thank you :) Def glad to get this info. PHN advises that toddler group wouldn't be best place to go with a small baby so I was a little apprehensive but I'm thinking how I'd like to go just to meet some other Mams in Maynooth town. I popped down to Health Centre last Friday to have little fella weighed but didn't meet anyone else there.

I'd say I might drive over to Leixlip to see if it's possible to join that group - no point going stir crazy at home by myself.

Yellow hen, I'll def pm you for that baby massage number, I just can't seem to do it on my phone at the moment. Would love to try baby massage, little fella hasn't been great lying on his back, bad reflux but it's getting more under control (kind of!)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Once my lot are back in school, we can meet for coffee if you want:)

Do that, I thought this particular instructor was very warm and relaxed and it's a small group so easy to chat. after class there's always tea/coffee and a chit chat so I'm sure you'd enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I was going to post same as Moonbeam - I'm in Maynooth and would be happy to meet up for a chat (I could stay as long as 16 month old can be bribed with food ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

If you're on Facebook there's a closed group called 'It Takes a Village - Kildare'. All mothers and they are often trying to arrange meet ups. It's more often than not over Naas direction but sometimes Donadea or Castletown.

• Advertisement
Advertisement