Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know about the Salthill Surrey bikes?

Options
  • 26-08-2016 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks, does anyone know what happened to the Surrey cycles that used to be in Salthill (back in the 70's). I'd love to see if I could get one restored as a community art project. Any leads?

[IMG][/img]2a7dahl.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 boatman1

Hi there,
    Have you got one of these bikes
    I could help with restoration.
    My first job at the age of 14/15 was bike mechanic for both operators of these bikes in late 80s
    Mike Lennon, had older ones with like a tiller handle to steer, other guy Joe? had the ones with steering wheels and ran out of a shed down the side of Lonegans.
    Give me a buzz and we chat about it fixin one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

I don't have one yet Boatman, but Wow! I'd love some help if I find one. Thank you for those leads, I'm going to follow up what you shared there, look into it further and see if we can find one! Thank you so much :D

Right, I had a rumor of one, followed it up, and alas, the person who inherited the cycle want's to keep it, so I'm still looking. Refurbed one's online are just too expensive so.... the hunt continues. If anyone has any leads, I'd be mighty obliged.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Lovely bikes, super idea,keep us updated

Will do, pictures 'n all :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭GatsbyGal

Unfortunately the only place I've seen them in is in Jesolo in Italy. They brought back fond memories for me when I saw them.

Update...

So I rang around all the bike shops and businesses in Galway, nawthin'
    I posted on done deal.... Nawthin
    I've just put a call out on Galway Bay FM... we'll see
    I'm going to post something on Adverts... fingers crossed

:)

Applied for a grant to see if we could import one from England... no dice... still stewing on it quietly....;)

Advertisement