Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The biased Media vs Trump!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

764dak wrote: »
    This is the worst US election in my lifetime. Where are the proper politicians?

Amen brother Amen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

You seem to be leaving out that the Mexican President won't be able to vote in the election so it isn't a win at all.

Trump appeared very presidential. Not the crazed lunatic the media is trying to make him out to be. And Trump's numbers have been rising since the visit. It most certainly was a win for Trump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Amerika wrote: »
    Trump appeared very presidential. Not the crazed lunatic the media is trying to make him out to be. And Trump's numbers have been rising since the visit. It most certainly was a win for Trump.
    If that's the case, let's hope he keeps on winning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    With the Democrats hemorrhaging votes and so many conservatives already made up their mind on both candidates we already see a sizable chunk of the population back Trump. Hillary still receives favourable treatment from the media and her allies in Congress. Outside the Capital former comrades have become incensed with her policies. She has lost trust of everyday Americans.

Do you have comprehension issues?

Do you have comprehension issues?

Insult is the last refuge of the ignorant.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Insult is the last refuge of the ignorant.:rolleyes:

Nope just the first retort of the intelligent. Not insult just a statement of fact.

Donald J Trump is not the greatest candidate the GOP have ever fielded yet he still is a very able & clever orator. He is also in my opinion a lot better than Hillary R Clinton. Her policies are wrong for America, endanger the world and hypocritical of what her party stands for. America is given two choices i'd say Trump would be a better President so say what you like to that. I have seen nothing from the liberal media to alter this.

Nope just the first retort of the intelligent. Not insult just a statement of fact.

How is questioning my comprehension skills a fact?

How is questioning my comprehension skills a fact?

Because every time you are asked a question you either ignore it or don't understand it you take your pick.

Donald J Trump is not the greatest candidate the GOP have ever fielded yet he still is a very able & clever orator. He is also in my opinion a lot better than Hillary R Clinton. Her policies are wrong for America, endanger the world and hypocritical of what her party stands for. America is given two choices i'd say Trump would be a better President so say what you like to that. I have seen nothing from the liberal media to alter this.

Lol orator do you even understand extreme I mean extreme oration I know words lol you are so funny it's people like you will bring about the destruction of the USA and that makes me happy.

• Advertisement

Because every time you are asked a question you either ignore it or don't understand it you take your pick.

Fine ask your questions although this forum is for discussion not interrogation. I don't have to respond to ever single question put my way.

Fine ask your questions although this forum is for discussion not interrogation. I don't have to respond to ever single question put my way.

Define not many Democrates are not backing HC?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Donald J Trump is not the greatest candidate the GOP have ever fielded yet he still is a very able & clever orator.

Let's have a look at some of his words. He has the best words.
    China when they devalue, when China devalues its currency they take our guts out and they do it so often, they do it so often. They are constantly devaluing their currency and they always wait till like it's a bad time, like we have a problem with Iraq, we have a problem with Afghanistan. Every time we have like a big problem, they always devalue and a year and a half ago they devalued the biggest devaluation they have done in 20 years, the biggest in 20 years and I said man, how do they get away...but we had a problem, we were doing other things.

Move over, Cicero.

Define not many Democrates are not backing HC?

The traditional voters of Bill Clinton during the 90's even before that the Blue Dog Democrats have switched allegiances. Hillary has also received a lot of stinging criticism from the backers of President Obama. The anti war crowd that participated in demos and street protests. Not remaining loyal to the Democratic party. Black Lives Matter, Bernie supporters show a deep resentment at the lack of change that is not coming from Hillary. This election has moved away from the issues you must at least concede this.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mod:

Indeed, you also don't have to reply to insults.

The forum is for discussion, not soapboxing. Everybody gets you like Trump, we don't need party political broadcasts for him to keep teling us he's the best candidate over and over.

Also, we seem to have drifted off topic on this thread. Media bias folks.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Mod:

Indeed, you also don't have to reply to insults.

The forum is for discussion, not soapboxing. Everybody gets you like Trump, we don't need party political broadcasts for him to keep teling us he's the best candidate over and over.

Also, we seem to have drifted off topic on this thread. Media bias folks.

The reason why I speak often about Trump is because I do feel the argument is very one sided when it comes to the Presidential election. I do see a liberal bias but I will refrain from making further comments on Trump being a good candidate.

The traditional voters of Bill Clinton during the 90's even before that the Blue Dog Democrats have switched allegiances. Hillary has also received a lot of stinging criticism from the backers of President Obama. The anti war crowd that participated in demos and street protests. Not remaining loyal to the Democratic party. Black Lives Matter, Bernie supporters show a deep resentment at the lack of change that is not coming from Hillary. This election has moved away from the issues you must at least concede this.

How many? You made a statement back it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

But KingBrian you respond to few if any questions ! You just skip on by and regurgitate the same stuff again and again .

I wouldn't call Donald Trump a great orator , not even a good one to be honest . But it takes it takes a lot more that that to be President anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,408 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

this forum is for discussion
    That often involves acknowledging the comments and contributions of others. This includes questions. You can of course choose not to answer them, but often the silence is loud and speaks volumes about the strength of your viewpoint..
    I wouldn't call Donald Trump a great orator

http://gawker.com/donald-trump-has-gone-completely-bing-bong-1723877013

And the best part is he was talking about how he has bribed politicians and is an accomplice to the corruption in politics. I'd say it was a favor by the media to focus on the "bing bing bing bong bong"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

Overheal wrote: »
    That often involves acknowledging the comments and contributions of others. This includes questions. You can of course choose not to answer them, but often the silence is loud and speaks volumes about the strength of your viewpoint..

http://gawker.com/donald-trump-has-gone-completely-bing-bong-1723877013

And the best part is he was talking about how he has bribed politicians and is an accomplice to the corruption in politics. I'd say it was a favor by the media to focus on the "bing bing bing bong bong"

I know I should'ny say it but that video made my day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Folks, back to the topic, you know, media bias!

Brian, of course you can comment on why you think Trump would be better on this issue or that one, it can be a bit of a party political broadcast at times, as I posted before.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

marienbad wrote: »
    But KingBrian you respond to few if any questions ! You just skip on by and regurgitate the same stuff again and again .

I wouldn't call Donald Trump a great orator , not even a good one to be honest . But it takes it takes a lot more that that to be President anyway.

It is plain to everyone to see that Trump has made some very impolite comments, their is no denying it and most of his supporters would agree with this however he is also saying what has to be said in order to highlight the issues of border control, Jihadism across the world that impacts peoples lives.

Saying all is right in the world and not focusing on what needs to be performed won't resolve any of the problems the world faces. It is the responsibility of the media to get answers out of the candidates. Vilifying and inflaming his comments only creates further hostility.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,408 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Speaking of getting answers out of the candidates, here is Matt Lauer trying to get Trump to answer a very straight up question about his previous claim that he knows more about ISIS than our generals; he dances around the issue, attacks Obama and Hillary, says "the Generals have been reduced to rubble," etc.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/lauer-presses-trump-on-his-claim-he-knows-more-about-isis-than-u-s-generals-do/

And when questioned about his long-advertised secret ISIS plan... it is REVEALED! To not be a plan, but to ask other people to plan it.
    But recently, he has claimed that he would give his team of generals “special instruction” to devise a 30-day plan to eradicate the threat from ISIS. “They will have 30 days to submit to the Oval Office a plan for soundly and quickly defeating ISIS. We have no choice,” he told ABC News.

So logically, Lauer’s question was, “So, is the plan you’ve been hiding this whole time asking someone else for their plan?”

Trump simply offered, “No. But when I do come up with a plan that I like, and that perhaps agrees with mine — or maybe doesn’t — I may love what the generals come back with — ”

“But you have your own plan?” Lauer sought to clarify.

“I have a plan, but I don’t wanna be, look — I have a very substantial chance of winning,”
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/matt-lauer-pushes-trump-on-his-big-fancy-plan-to-beat-isis-asking-other-people-for-help/

Which only begged the follow-up: if he's smarter than the Generals, why does he plan to get his plans from the Generals? From the horse's mouth.

Biased, awful attack coverage, or just watching the man fail to answer simple questions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Well, it is a fittingly Apprentice like if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Film series: You've Been Trumped
    Cast: Donald Trump, Anthony Baxter, Richard Phinney, more
    More about You've Been Trumped

Have any of you seen this film?

I’ve got to admit Matt Lauer did a pretty good moderating job. He asked tough questions and didn’t let either candidate off the hook and hammered things home with follow-ups.

Where he came up short with Donald Trump was when he said he would get rid of some of the military generals. Although a president has the ability to reassign them, I don’t think he can fire them, as that is not how the military works. I assume Trump means he would pick a completely different group of generals to advise him, but I wish that would have been better explained. And where Lauer failed with Clinton was when she came up with a whole new lie regarding her mishandling of classified and top secret information. Now her excuse is they didn’t have proper classified and top secret headers? Lauer should have asked Clinton that the header issue is only the case because her staff, who were not allowed to see them in the first place, removed them for her.

I don't believe Clinton or Trump made a good case on why they would make a better Commander In Chief. I give it a draw.

"To just be grossly generalistic, you can put half of Trump supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables," "Right? Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, you name it."

So millions of Americans are deplorable and the other half are clueless. Half of America.

Will the media go into overdrive to make sure Clinton's words are forgotten as soon as possible? Will the media work to show how a quarter of all America are deplorables? Or will they pounce on Hillary, as they did with Romney's 47% comment, to tank her run for president? I guarantee it won't be number three.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Amerika wrote: »
    Will the media go into overdrive to make sure Clinton's words are forgotten as soon as possible?

Well, at least she had the grace to acknowledge that she'd said something stupid and offensive. Which makes one, so far, of the main party candidates who's capable of admitting when she's wrong.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod note:

Hillary/Trump's health moved to this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057646593#

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

feargale wrote: »
    Film series: You've Been Trumped
    Cast: Donald Trump, Anthony Baxter, Richard Phinney, more
    More about You've Been Trumped

Have any of you seen this film?

Yes. An interesting fly on the wall affair, which turns from nasty, to very nasty situation, with the compliance of an over-eager Scottish government prepared to turn a blind eye to Trump's running roughshod over the little people. His son comes out looking particularly bad (and not particularly bright).

Advertisement