Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The biased Media vs Trump!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

I watched news channel after news channel (CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS) Sunday morning trying to make any possible excuses imaginable for Hillary Clinton’s fainting episode at the 9/11 memorial. But not once did any mention that their might be a medical problem that causes concern for her becoming POTUS. Granted, I didn’t watch any of Fox News, and I’m sure they at least brought up concerns.

An excellent article by Pulitzer-Prize winning journalist Michael Goodwin calling out his own profession’s endeavor to protect Hillary Clinton at all costs. Thankfully there remains a very few journalists dedicated to the truth. Unfortunately, his honesty means he’ll probably never work for The New York Times or the Washington Post, two of the most read newspapers in the US.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/11/hillarys-media-is-torching-its-standards-to-cover-the-election/

Has anyone seen Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party? The film that links the progressive racist past to the Clintons’ current corruption. I haven’t been to he movies in over 20 years (except for some cartoon movies with the kids). I hope it will come to Netflix soon. If you’ve seen it, what did you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxn5I6tnU_Y

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Amerika wrote: »
    Has anyone seen Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party? The film that links the progressive racist past to the Clintons’ current corruption. I haven’t been to he movies in over 20 years (except for some cartoon movies with the kids). I hope it will come to Netflix soon. If you’ve seen it, what did you think?

Haven't seen it, but wouldn't hold much hope of it being an objective work judging by the person behind it.

Edit: Reviews aren't great.
    Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party has been panned by critics. On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an approval rating of 4%, based on 25 reviews, with an average rating of 1.8/10. The site's consensus reads, "Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party finds Dinesh D'Souza once again preaching to the right-wing choir – albeit less effectively than ever."[19] On Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating, the film has a score of 2 out of 100, based on 17 critics, indicating "overwhelming dislike".[20] The film has the second all-time lowest score in the site's history.[21]

Phoebas wrote: »
    Haven't seen it, but wouldn't hold much hope of it being an objective work judging by the person behind it.
    I agree. And no more so, objectively speaking, than the film mentioned earlier... You've Been Trumped. Seems they're both suited quite well for this thread.

Edit: Reviews aren't great.

Negative reviews from the Hollywood elite of a film taking democrats and Hillary to Task. Color me shocked! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Negative reviews from the Hollywood elite of a film taking democrats and Hillary to Task. Color me shocked! :rolleyes:

Between the 'mainstream media' and the 'Hollywood elite', poor old Trump can't seem to get a break. :rolleyes:

Between the 'mainstream media' and the 'Hollywood elite', poor old Trump can't seem to get a break. :rolleyes:

Never have these words rang truer. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I agree. And no more so, objectively speaking, than the film mentioned earlier... You've Been Trumped. Seems they're both suited quite well for this thread.

Just to point out for everyone else, You've Been Trumped has an 84% approval rating compared to 4% for the other piece of garbage, a score of 57% on Metacritic compared to the other laughable joke's 2%, and an IMDB score of 7.6 compared to a farcical 1.8 from the other thing.

You might as well have the makers of The Room complaining that their movie is no worse than Good Will Hunting. One lies constantly, the other doesn't. Very simple really, for most of us at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

It's not often that you can criticise a documentary for having terrible acting but if that trailer is anything to go by then that "documentary" has terrible acting. The central theme of the film is incoherent. What does the racist past of the Democratic Party have to do with the corruption conspiracy theorists accuse Hillary Clinton of?

It's not often that you can criticise a documentary for having terrible acting but if that trailer is anything to go by then that "documentary" has terrible acting. The central theme of the film is incoherent. What does the racist past of the Democratic Party have to do with the corruption conspiracy theorists accuse Hillary Clinton of?

You’ve Been Trumped took in £18,191 at the Box Office. Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party took in $13 million at the Box office. Just saying...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,408 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You’ve Been Trumped took in £18,191 at the Box Office. Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party took in $13 million at the Box office. Just saying...

Fools and their money are soon parted. Just ask Michael Bay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Can you imagine the media response if Trump fainted. You'd never hear the end of it.

Saipanne wrote: »
    Can you imagine the media response if Trump fainted. You'd never hear the end of it.

Of course not. Just like we will never hear the end of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Overheal wrote: »
    Of course not. Just like we will never hear the end of this

It would be way worse with Trump.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Saipanne wrote: »
    It would be way worse with Trump.

Based on what?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

I'm not even engaging that. Might as well all go to the playground and argue which one of our dads is better

And what exactly is it that you are "just saying"?

And what exactly is it that you are "just saying"?
    Based on revenues, the movie about Hillary was better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Brian? wrote: »
    Based on what?

The non stop coverage of his multiple fraud cases that would be massively damaging to his campaign.

Oh no wait, that's not it. You barely hear a peep about that.

And neither are a patch on the masterpiece that is Avatar :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

And neither are a patch on the masterpiece that is Avatar :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Masterpiece? Liberal scifi propaganda nonsense enhanced with great special effects. Greed and Capitalism tends to destroy the environment according to James Cameron. Give me a break. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

You could probably argue that was a hatchet job on a laissez-faire ideal of massive corporations taking over the role of government in law enforcement and war. :pac:

EDIT: Just seen Amerika's post, called it! :pac:

It's got a long way to go to beat The Dark Crystal

Overheal wrote: »
    It's got a long way to go to beat The Dark Crystal

Never heard of it. :)

You could probably argue that was a hatchet job on a laissez-faire ideal of massive corporations taking over the role of government in law enforcement and war. :pac:

EDIT: Just seen Amerika's post, called it! :pac:

You called it after the fact?? :confused: :pac:

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Masterpiece? Liberal scifi propaganda nonsense enhanced with great special effects. Greed and Capitalism tends to destroy the environment according to James Cameron. Give me a break. :rolleyes:

And yet, by the criterion you specified, it's a vastly better movie.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    And yet, by the criterion you specified, it's a vastly better movie.
    Yes, by that criterion is is a better movie. Snazzy special effects has a way of doing that. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

They dislike Trump. He entered politics while the rest of them pursued other pastimes. Their not going to wish him any luck. Every single one of them could have entered the coliseum but they all declined. Politics has run down hill and it vitality needs new blood. A better line of politician. At least Trump has stuck his neck out. The media laughed and spluttered but he's still standing to quote Elton John. He's got guts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

You called it after the fact?? :confused: :pac:

I take it you've never typed a post while using the smartphone site.

• Advertisement

It does though. Deep water horizon? Dakota Access Pipeline? The state formerly known as West Virginia? Fukushima? Aliso Canyon? The fracking industry? Uranium mining on Indian land? Flint, Michigan? Florida water crisis? And worst of all, all the buffalo that aren't abundantly and sustainably being my burgers.

Advertisement