Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The biased Media vs Trump!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,853 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    This entire election has been about Trump's personality. Content is seriously lacking. This goes to Clinton. I must congratulate her on making Trump the most media exposed candidate in US history. If he was picking his nose the media would be all over him.:rolleyes:

Clinton hasn't made trump the most exposed candidate ever. he's done that all by himself as he is incapable of not saying stupid things that when he does say them instead of apologising he doubles down and makes things worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Clinton hasn't made trump the most exposed candidate ever. he's done that all by himself as he is incapable of saying stupid things that when he does say them instead of apologising he doubles down and makes things worse.

Has Clinton made any change in policies, no she has not. She is sticking with the status quo courting the political families. Everyone knows Trump so well. I know what he stands for and what a Trump America would look like a bit more than Hillary. She has to pander to her partners in Washington. How will her policies impact the EU, China relations, NATO and Russia and Iran? We don't know because she is in league with the status quo.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭letsseehere14

To me it's not the exposure or attacks on Trump by the media that is the problem. The majority of that is brought on my himself. The problem for me is the pass Clinton is getting. She has so many areas where the media could have destroyed here but they havnt. The real question for me is why haven't they?
    That is the bias in this election. Both candidates should have been forced to step aside by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This entire election has been about Trump's personality. Content is seriously lacking. This goes to Clinton. I must congratulate her on making Trump the most media exposed candidate in US history. If he was picking his nose the media would be all over him.:rolleyes:

"No hillary I don't want to. No! Don't make me pick up the phone. I don't want to phone in to FOX again. No! Stop it! Stop! don't make me tweet. Don't make me. Agh!"

And she has changed policy quite a bit. The DNC platform adopted many Bernie Sanders initiatives at convention.

Overheal wrote: »
    "No hillary I don't want to. No! Don't make me pick up the phone. I don't want to phone in to FOX again. No! Stop it! Stop! don't make me tweet. Don't make me. Agh!"

And she has changed policy quite a bit. The DNC platform adopted many Bernie Sanders initiatives at convention.

Name one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,853 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Has Clinton made any change in policies, no she has not. She is sticking with the status quo courting the political families. Everyone knows Trump so well. I know what he stands for and what a Trump America would look like a bit more than Hillary. She has to pander to her partners in Washington. How will her policies impact the EU, China relations, NATO and Russia and Iran? We don't know because she is in league with the status quo.

What does trump stand for ? Building a wall and claiming to make America great again ? When was it bad exactly ? Well he's friends with putin and asked him to interfere. I mean that's a good one.He'll probably make all the us relations worse by just simply being himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Political families?

if you honestly believe that Hillary is for maintaining the status quo, then it shouldn't be too difficult to envisage America under Hillary - it'll be just as it currently is (the status quo). Her policies (maintaining the status quo, remember?) would have zero impact on relations with the EU, or China, or anyone else, as they would be simply more of the same.

Name one.

$15 minimum wage

Expansion of social security

Investment in renewable energy and alternative energy vehicle manufacturing.

Public option healthcare

Change Medicare enrollment to 55 years of age from 65

Mandatory police body cameras

Independent investigation of officer involved shootings

Pathway to legalization of marijuana

Oops you said one.

That Paul Ryan event that he uninvited Trump from but that Trump said Mike Pence was going to go to instead? Yeah he's not going either

http://www.mediaite.com/online/breaking-trump-veeps-mike-pence-drops-out-of-wisconsin-campaign-event-with-paul-ryan/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Oops you said one.

Gun control

Campaign finance reform

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Pence has got to be worried about what this race might do to his political ambitions. It's clear Trump has become a cancer even within Republican circles, and there's hardly anyone closer aligned to that cancer than Pence by now.

Highly doubt it would happen, but in the interests of his own political career it might be best for Pence to step down as VP candidate. I'm sure Eric Trump would be more than happy to take up the mantle.

$15 minimum wage

Expansion of social security

Investment in renewable energy and alternative energy vehicle manufacturing.

Public option healthcare

Change Medicare enrollment to 55 years of age from 65

Mandatory police body cameras

Independent investigation of officer involved shootings

Pathway to legalization of marijuana

Oops you said one.

None of which will be passed without the consent of Congress. The voters went out and voted in large numbers for the GOP & Tea Party Conservatives in the Mid term elections. Hillary cannot build a consensus in Washington. Her policies on intervention have no traction among the electorate and she has not changed this policy one bit.

She has reversed her polices on having a dialogue with Moscow. She has moved further and further to the right when once she was all for building relationships with Putin and other heads of state it is now Trump who is seen as the conciliator of foreign powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Name one.
    $15 minimum wage

None of which will be passed without the consent of Congress.

Where do you think you're going with those goalposts?

Phoebas wrote: »
    Where do you think you're going with those goalposts?
    You mustn't be familiar with the poster in question. I think the straight and direct answer threw him. After his longstanding argument that 'ban all Muslims' did not mean 'ban all Muslims' despite Trump continuously double down on it, I'd by 'grab them by the p*ssy' that same poster reckons Trump meant to buy them kittens from the cat orphanage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Don't forget that Clinton dropped her support of the TPP, that's another of Sanders' proposals that made it into the Dems' platform.

Billy86 wrote: »
    You mustn't be familiar with the poster in question. I think the straight and direct answer threw him. After his longstanding argument that 'ban all Muslims' did not mean 'ban all Muslims' despite Trump continuously double down on it, I'd by 'grab them by the p*ssy' that same poster reckons Trump meant to buy them kittens from the cat orphanage.

Given that Hillary has no problem receiving donations from Saudi Arabia her track record on keeping America & the world safe is very much suspect. Her policies to date jeopardize the international community and the deal with Iran negotiated under President Obama's tenure is looking very tenuous at best. While Trump has advocated different policies we hear nothing from Clinton.

Given that Hillary has no problem receiving donations from Saudi Arabia her track record on keeping America & the world safe is very much suspect. Her policies to date jeopardize the international community and the deal with Iran negotiated under President Obama's tenure is looking very tenuous at best. While Trump has advocated different policies we hear nothing from Clinton.

Despite the fact Trump has also received a lot of money from Saudis, this does nothing to do with the question you asked and had answered to you. Your failure to address that shows you were admit you were wrong to in your assumption.

So what is your take on Trump's bragging about sexual assault?

Despite the fact Trump has also received a lot of money from Saudis, this does nothing to do with the question you asked and had answered to you. Your failure to address that shows you were admit you were wrong to in your assumption.

So what is your take on Trump's bragging about sexual assault?

Hillary directly received donations from foreign Islamist countries that promote a message of hate across the world and people today are dying as a result of this. She lectures the GOP that she would be a great American President able to heal America's relationship with the Arabic, Islamic world when she refuses to distance herself from the extremism that comes out of Saudi Arabia.

Hillary directly received donations from foreign Islamist countries that promote a message of hate across the world and people today are dying as a result of this. She lectures the GOP that she would be a great American President able to heal America's relationship with the Arabic, Islamic world when she refuses to distance herself from the extremism that comes out of Saudi Arabia.
    Again Brian, Trump has received plenty of funds from the Saudis also. But that has nothing to do with your initial claim. If you do not address it, it's safe to say you admit you acknowledge that Overheal was completely correct and that Clinton as taken on plenty of Sanders' platforms.

What is you opinion on Trump bragging about sexually assaulting women? You silence sounds like you are at the very least, happy to tolerate it.

Again Brian, Trump has received plenty of funds from the Saudis also. But that has nothing to do with your initial claim. If you do not address it, it's safe to say you admit you acknowledge that Overheal was completely correct and that Clinton as taken on plenty of Sanders' platforms.

What is you opinion on Trump bragging about sexually assaulting women? You silence sounds like you are at the very least, happy to tolerate it.

On the contrary Trump's remarks are outrageous but the media refuses to mention once the sorts of people Mrs Clinton associates with or are willing to back. I know how the media in the US like to slander entire voters for backing Trump regardless of the dangerous policies pursued by the Democrats under Mrs Clinton.

• Advertisement

So no different than them not mentioning those Trump is indebted to, then.

So no different than them not mentioning those Trump is indebted to, then.

If by that you mean the many investments in Arabic countries by American businesspeople why not have business ties to the area. Trump has spoken eloquently about Dubai which disputes the version that he does not like all Arabs.

If by that you mean the many investments in Arabic countries by American businesspeople why not have business ties to the area. Trump has spoken eloquently about Dubai which disputes the version that he does not like all Arabs.

Nope. I mean being bailed out by and indebted to Russians and Saudis, which has been pointed out to you various times in the past.

Nope. I mean being bailed out by and indebted to Russians and Saudis, which has been pointed out to you various times in the past.

Your accusing Trump of being a hardcore racist when his private investments in these countries and his personal relations with these people points to him having good ties to these lands. Strict Islamic jurisprudence does not even believe in interest. Despite this Trump has like many other businesspeople has expanded his brand into these difficult regions in which gvt laws are extremely strict.

Your accusing Trump of being a hardcore racist when his private investments in these countries and his personal relations with these people points to him having good ties to these lands. Strict Islamic jurisprudence does not even believe in interest. Despite this Trump has like many other businesspeople has expanded his brand into these difficult regions in which gvt laws are extremely strict.
    Goalposts Brian, goalposts. At least you're conceding that he is indebted too Russians and Saudis, which the media never seem to report on.

And I'm accusing Trump of being a racist because of his continued racist comments.

Goalposts Brian, goalposts. At least you're conceding that he is indebted too Russians and Saudis, which the media never seem to report on.

And I'm accusing Trump of being a racist because of his continued racist comments.

Your also accusing much of the American public of being closet racists as well. You speak of Trump being indebted to Russians but correct me if i'm wrong but don't Washington have sanctions imposed on Russia. Trump would be breaking the sanctions if he was to be involved in reinvesting in the country. This is why his plan to invest in America and gain cooperation from Washington is far more likely than Clinton. Washington is still predominantly Republican. Hillary as I have said cannot build a consensus among the Congress people.

Your also accusing much of the American public of being closet racists as well. You speak of Trump being indebted to Russians but correct me if i'm wrong but don't Washington have sanctions imposed on Russia. Trump would be breaking the sanctions if he was to be involved in reinvesting in the country. This is why his plan to invest in America and gain cooperation from Washington is far more likely than Clinton. Washington is still predominantly Republican. Hillary as I have said cannot build a consensus among the Congress people.
    Your completely scattergun, entirely unfocused approach and frankly sad, continuous (not to mention comically transparent) efforts to shift the goalposts as you are proven wrong time and again is remarkably similar to Trump's, and a massive reason why he has almost certainly lost the election already.

And yes, many of those still supporting Trump are doing so for racist and bigoted reasons. There's no secret there.

Your completely scattergun, entirely unfocused approach and frankly sad, continuous (not to mention comically transparent) efforts to shift the goalposts as you are proven wrong time and again is remarkably similar to Trump's, and a massive reason why he has almost certainly lost the election already.

And yes, many of those still supporting Trump are doing so for racist and bigoted reasons. There's no secret there.

Once again you keep attacking Trump when candidate Hillary has shown herself to be a defender of the status quo. Your total disregard for the American public tells me a lot about how you view the voter and American citizens.

Once again you keep attacking Trump when candidate Hillary has shown herself to be a defender of the status quo. Your total disregard for the American public tells me a lot about how you view the voter and American citizens.
    See Brian, you're proving my point with your constant and remarkably transparent attempt to shift the goalposts. I'm not sure you're even convincing yourself here.

You've conceded that Clinton has taken on many of Sanders platforms.
    You've conceded that Trump is indebted to Russians and Saudis.

What exactly was your point again?

Meanwhile, you keep telling yourself that there are no racists in the USA, if it fits the bubble that you've built for yourself. Thankfully Clinton, for all her faults, does not want to change the fact that there is not a ludicrous and unrealistic wall across the Mexican border, or a ludicrous and unrealistic ban on all Muslims entering the USA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Your also accusing much of the American public of being closet racists as well.

Segregation only ended in the mid 1960's, and the southern states were not in favour, and its not as though those attitudes went away the moment it was finally outlawed.

Advertisement