Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The biased Media vs Trump!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Overheal wrote: »
    $15 minimum wage

Expansion of social security

Investment in renewable energy and alternative energy vehicle manufacturing.

Public option healthcare

Change Medicare enrollment to 55 years of age from 65

Mandatory police body cameras

Independent investigation of officer involved shootings

Pathway to legalization of marijuana

Oops you said one.

The Aquaducts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Billy86 wrote: »
    See Brian, you're proving my point with your constant and remarkably transparent attempt to shift the goalposts. I'm not sure you're even convincing yourself here.

You've conceded that Clinton has taken on many of Sanders platforms.
    You've conceded that Trump is indebted to Russians and Saudis.

What exactly was your point again?

Meanwhile, you keep telling yourself that there are no racists in the USA, if it fits the bubble that you've built for yourself. Thankfully Clinton, for all her faults, does not want to change the fact that there is not a ludicrous and unrealistic wall across the Mexican border, or a ludicrous and unrealistic ban on all Muslims entering the USA.

The fact that Clinton has no real plan to change America and with this election very likely to pursue even more wars. I don't believe a word she has to say and I don't expect anyone else to. She is a dishonest person that is fine accepting donations from terror sponsoring states that have harmed American lives.

You keep saying I conceded this but once again the slander of Trump continues. Trump is treated differently to Clinton as I keep saying Hillary has extensive dealings with these people and none of this is brought up. The debate has become all about Trump hence we have this inherent bias against Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Once again you keep attacking Trump when candidate Hillary has shown herself to be a defender of the status quo. Your total disregard for the American public tells me a lot about how you view the voter and American citizens.

Maybe the american public would prefer the status quo to the uncertain future of donald trump.

The fact that Clinton has no real plan to change America and with this election very likely to pursue even more wars. I don't believe a word she has to say and I don't expect anyone else to.

Its bigger than clinton vs trump. There are major ideological differences between the Republican party and the Democratic party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The fact that Clinton has no real plan to change America and with this election very likely to pursue even more wars. I don't believe a word she has to say and I don't expect anyone else to. She is a dishonest person that is fine accepting donations from terror sponsoring states that have harmed American lives.

You keep saying I conceded this but once again the slander of Trump continues. Trump is treated differently to Clinton as I keep saying Hillary has extensive dealings with these people and none of this is brought up. The debate has become all about Trump hence we have this inherent bias against Trump.
    There it is again. Trump is the one openly calling for wars. I take it you're upset the media do not report on this very often recently?

And Trump is the most proven liar in the history of presidential elections, you really should stop using brainless talking points more applicable to Trump than they are to Clinton. Your expectations for others to live inside your own bubble are as unrealistic as your hopes that others won't notice you trying to shift the goalposts every time you are proving wrong.

You keep having it proven to you that Clinton has taken on many of Sanders' policies. You keep having it proven to you that Trump does not get treated unfairly. And finally, you keep having it proven to you that Trump is heavily indebted to and funded by the same people you claimed Clinton is indebted to and funded by. You have failed to refute these facts, and so you have by definition conceded them.

This is a perfect example of a hardline Trump fan entirely detached from reality, and a perfect example of Trump's own style himself, and not least of all - a perfect example of why Trump has pretty much lost the election a month before voting day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

This entire election has been about Trump's personality. Content is seriously lacking. This goes to Clinton. I must congratulate her on making Trump the most media exposed candidate in US history. If he was picking his nose the media would be all over him.:rolleyes:

Just to get this right.

You are blaming the media for making this about Trumps personality while being thin on content.

That's the media's approach?

Trump is treated differently to Clinton as I keep saying Hillary has extensive dealings with these people and none of this is brought up. The debate has become all about Trump hence we have this inherent bias against Trump.

Its been brought up again and again. Clinton Foundation and foreign donations. Saudi money. $25m. Over and over and over.

The debate has become all about trump because he appears to be actually mentally ill. That's historic news so of course its getting a lot of attention.

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Its been brought up again and again. Clinton Foundation and foreign donations. Saudi money. $25m. Over and over and over.

The debate has become all about trump because he appears to be actually mentally ill. That's historic news so of course its getting a lot of attention.

Nobody seems to be making the connection that the Saudi's are sponsoring Wahhabism across the world and the Clinton's have dealing with them and Trump gets all the abuse. One must conclude that Americans are far more interested in the personal lives of their leaders than National security.

Nobody seems to be making the connection that the Saudi's are sponsoring Wahhabism across the world and the Clinton's have dealing with them and Trump gets all the abuse. One must conclude that Americans are far more interested in the personal lives of their leaders than National security.
    There is good as no mention in the media that Trump is funded by the Saudis, despite it being shown that he is. This rejection of reality and complete lack of self awareness is exactly what it costing Trump the election - both from him, and from his worshippers.

It's like a child claiming he didn't eat the chocolate while it's all over his mouth, and thinking if he keeps saying it over and over and over that he grown ups in the room will begin to believe him.

Much like a Trump presidency, it's not happening.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Everyone has made the connection that the Saudis are spreading Wahhabism. And everyone is getting the connection between both Clinton and Trump with the Saudis. Everyone made the connection a long time ago.

Trump and Clinton are both in bed with the House of Saud. Can you simply acknowledge that?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

The bait-and-switch mentality of Trump and his supporters is ridiculous.

It shouldn't surprise yet it still does.

Mike Pence arguably "won" the VP-Debate, in that he came across as not insane. Which was the extremely low bar he was set for victory.

Even in victory of that debate, he employed bait-and-switch every time.

It got to the point where this parody question was close to reality:

"Mr. Pence what colour is the sky on a clear day?"

"-Well, first of all i'd like to point out that Hilary Clinton emails are bad and that Donald Trump is a tremendous businessman".

"Yes but what colour is the sky?"

"-Mr. Kaine talks about the sky quite a lot, Mr. Trump has a clear vision of what the sky should look like under his administration."

FACEPALM.

Even with this revelation last night, Trump and his supporters:

"It's just banter. Nobody is offended".

"-Wait, he's talking about sexually assaulting women and getting away with it due to being rich and famous".

"Bill Clinton."

"-Wait, Bill Clinton isn't running for President".

I've never in my life seen an election whereby a sizeable chunk of the electorate will defend and support a candidate irrespective of what he does.

I remain convinced, in all seriousness, that even the emergence of a sex-tape with his own daughter wouldn't alter his support with a majority of his supporters.

Mind-boggling. Almost as mind-boggling as to how the USA ended up with these 2 candidates in the first place.

Brian? wrote: »
    Everyone has made the connection that the Saudis are spreading Wahhabism. And everyone is getting the connection between both Clinton and Trump with the Saudis. Everyone made the connection a long time ago.

Trump and Clinton are both in bed with the House of Saud. Can you simply acknowledge that?

Not common information to the public and we know Trump's position he is against the imposition of Sharia Law and the Jihad which is being advocated by the Saudi clerics. Hillary has shown herself willing to side with the Saudi's. She even considers them allies. Yet when it comes to recognizing the state of Palestine we here none of this. Arabs have died because she supports the Saudi's that are sponsoring terrorism and have money in her foundation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Not common information to the public and we know Trump's position he is against the imposition of Sharia Law and the Jihad which is being advocated by the Saudi clerics. Hillary has shown herself willing to side with the Saudi's. She even considers them allies. Yet when it comes to recognizing the state of Palestine we here none of this. Arabs have died because she supports the Saudi's that are sponsoring terrorism and have money in her foundation.

That's the big story of the day right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

I hope trump wins, i am sick of the political correctness in the world now and on this thread. I also voted leave and i am glad of it.

m1ck007 wrote: »
    I hope trump wins, i am sick of the political correctness in the world now and on this thread. I also voted leave and i am glad of it.
    Plenty of people who wanted leave are happy to call Trump for what he is.

What's your take on his bragging about sexually assaulting women?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

On the contrary Trump's remarks are outrageous but the media refuses to mention once the sorts of people Mrs Clinton associates with or are willing to back. I know how the media in the US like to slander entire voters for backing Trump regardless of the dangerous policies pursued by the Democrats under Mrs Clinton.

If these things were been uncovered as news for the first time about Clinton the media would talk about it.

Your argument is basically "how can they focus on Hurricane Matthew? Have they already forgotten Hurricane Katrina?"

bajer101 wrote: »
    The Aquaducts.

Well of course the aqueducts

Plenty of people who wanted leave are happy to call Trump for what he is.

What's your take on his bragging about sexually assaulting women?
    Whats your take on hilary clinton on Libya and Benghazi?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Do you think Northern Ireland politicians are upset that they've lost the whataboutery crown to America this year?

• Advertisement

I see someone is having a bit of a crisis of conscious - reject your God, or support sexual assault.

I feel for ya, it's going to be a rough month ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Some one said earlier that Trump is mentally ill. He is not, he is just a sociopath.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Oh yay, a non-answer!

She's faced 7 Congressional hearings on Benghazi and none of the charges stuck.

So, what's your take on Trump bragging about sexual assault?

I see someone is having a bit of a crisis of conscious - reject your God, or support sexual assault.

I feel for ya, it's going to be a rough month ahead.
    What?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Classic media bias against Trump in this clip.

It's the Daily Show. With a clip from Fox News. Where Trump is talking on the phone. Advocating a War Crime. ("Taking out the families of terrorists")

https://youtu.be/DnpO_RTSNmQ?t=16m59s

Horrendous bias. How dare they use his own quotes against him.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

You're answering a post I didn't make. Both Trump and Clinton are aligned to the Saudis. It is common knowledge.

Further to your post. Both Trump and Clinton are staunchly pro Israel. Both Trump and Clinton oppose sharia law and violent Jihad.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Political correctness is here to stay buddy. Treating all people with respect regardless of race, gender, religion or sexual orientation is the new in-thing. Get used to it because I'll be here to lick those beautiful tears off the faces of all the Trump supporters November 9th after Trump gets demolished.

latest?cb=20100318024246

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Good. I hope the media is biased against Trump. He's an odious man and his treatment of women doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Political correctness is here to stay buddy. Treating all people with respect regardless of race, gender, religion or sexual orientation is the new in-thing. Get used to it because I'll be here to lick those beautiful tears off the faces of all the Trump supporters November 9th after Trump gets demolished.

latest?cb=20100318024246
    Ok we will see. Suppose it will be like when you thought britain would vote to remain

• Advertisement

Ok we will see. Suppose it will be like when you thought britain would vote to remain

So did most people. That's why they either placed troll ballots or didn't vote.

Advertisement