Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The biased Media vs Trump!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Overheal wrote: »
    Locker room talk. Meh. ;)

Mod note:

This is not an acceptable standars of debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I get what people are saying but maybe there's some reflection for Trunp there on the strength of working with people.

I'm sure plenty of long standing republicans have good media connections.

But Trumps at war with them
    And democrats
    And the media in general
    And polls
    And immigrants
    And Muslims

maybe not fighting with everyone all the time would help.

Personally I think the media need to give Trump a harder time and are ethically obliged to ... But only in relation to all the mistruths he utters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

gosplan wrote: »
    I get what people are saying but maybe there's some reflection for Trunp there on the strength of working with people.

I'm sure plenty of long standing republicans have good media connections.

But Trumps at war with them
    And democrats
    And the media in general
    And polls
    And immigrants
    And Muslims

maybe not fighting with everyone all the time would help.

Personally I think the media need to give Trump a harder time and are ethically obliged to ... But only in relation to all the mistruths he utters.

That's part of the campaign and he has fired his campaign managers during the election. This shows he does not reward poor performances. Hillary has the same people working for her not to mention the whole Democratic election machine running to dismiss him as a conman. Trump charisma is fascinating to watch. Getting people who would otherwise not care about politics interested in the topic. It has certainly become a lot less boring. We could start talking about taxes or diplomacy but the viewers would gradually move away. Scandals and we get massive media attention.

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    That's part of the campaign and he has fired his campaign managers during the election. This shows he does not reward poor performances. Hillary has the same people working for her not to mention the whole Democratic election machine running to dismiss him as a conman. Trump charisma is fascinating to watch. Getting people who would otherwise not care about politics interested in the topic. It has certainly become a lot less boring. We could start talking about taxes or diplomacy but the viewers would gradually move away. Scandals and we get massive media attention.

But then he can't really complain about the media if he's creating all these scandals about himself.

It's very disingenuous for Trump supporters to complain about the media.

Hillary's public misstep has been the 'deplorables' comment.

In the trump corner you have
    Disabled reporters
    POWs
    Rosie O'D
    Media
    Judge
    Appealing to Russian hackers
    Appealing to gun owners to do something
    Miss universe
    Gold star parents
    And many more

I'm not including stories about him or the tapes or anything.

These are purely cases where he should have thought before speaking.

But then he can't really complain about the media if he's creating all these scandals about himself.

It's very disingenuous for Trump supporters to complain about the media.

Hillary's public misstep has been the 'deplorables' comment.

In the trump corner you have
    Disabled reporters
    POWs
    Rosie O'D
    Media
    Judge
    Appealing to Russian hackers
    Appealing to gun owners to do something
    Miss universe
    Gold star parents
    And many more

I'm not including stories about him or the tapes or anything.

These are purely cases where he should have thought before speaking.

Most of those controversies are manufactured ones. Hillary's ones are actual problems that Americans disagree with, want an end to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Most of those controversies are manufactured ones. Hillary's ones are actual problems that Americans disagree with, want an end to.

Yet he's trailing in the polls.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

538 now has shown since a week or two ago that AZ has a better chance of being blue this election that red.

Not surprising at all, given his war on the GOP/republicans, he's distancing himself from traditional conservatives. May as well go gome, he's not winning their ticket without their voters

Overheal wrote: »
    538 now has shown since a week or two ago that AZ has a better chance of being blue this election that red.

Not surprising at all, given his war on the GOP/republicans, he's distancing himself from traditional conservatives. May as well go gome, he's not winning their ticket without their voters

He also won against all of them when he was running for office. The grassroots preferred him to them. His policies are not exactly the same as the traditional Republican voters. He represents a break from the rotten political elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,355 ✭✭✭✭Water John

McMullen is head to head with him in the polls in Utah.

Just watching him sink and you can see it in his face and voice in the last two days.
    In get satisfaction from it because, he's a nasty piece of goods.

Tried taking on Buffet, who wiped him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

If anything, the US media is only finally now doing their job in relation to Trump.
    He got very favorable coverage from most TV outlets for months!
    By favorable I mean that most stations were trying to present his slip ups as being the same as Clintons.
    The guy is probably an all time disaster in terms of presidential candidates!

I expect (hope!) that we'll look back in 40 years and still have not seen a major party nominee as nuts as Trump.

• Advertisement

He also won against all of them when he was running for office. The grassroots preferred him to them. His policies are not exactly the same as the traditional Republican voters. He represents a break from the rotten political elite.

He won the majority among a narrowing field of candidates which started large. Oh, and the Podesta emails suggest that the media went far out of their way to legitimize him as a candidate (and shut out Bernie Sanders).

Even with the highest turnouts in the primaries ever, this still represented a fraction of the electorate, for whom it's still not clear if they will support Trump even as some strategists suggest the GOP should elect Clinton and focus on down-ballot elections in order to prevent the party from splintering before a 2020 election.

WTF he now says ISIS will take over USA if Clinton wins.
    This is out of his own mouth all the media have to do is hold the mic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Water John wrote: »
    WTF he now says ISIS will take over USA if Clinton wins.
    This is out of his own mouth all the media have to do is hold the mic.

That's been the case since day one. The same people that were there cheering him on will now go home, see the exact speech they were cheering for being broadcast on TV, and claim it is unfair on Trump for the media to show such 'blatant bias' by doing such a thing as repeating what he said.

Good insight into the Trump fan mindset here, and why we are probably set for quite a bit of a violent backlash come Nov 9th, when he loses by more than anyone in 20, maybe even over 30, years (and against perhaps the second most unpopular candidate in that entire timeframe, after him of course) - https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/new/

Sadly, its the damage he will have left behind.
    Many disaffected people he didn't give a toss for any way.

Water John wrote: »
    Sadly, its the damage he will have left behind.
    Many disaffected people he didn't give a toss for any way.

Wait for Trump TV. He will monetize them

What are you forecasting? A madder version of Fox!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Billy86 wrote: »
    Good insight into the Trump fan mindset here, and why we are probably set for quite a bit of a violent backlash come Nov 9th, when he loses by more than anyone in 20, maybe even over 30, years (and against perhaps the second most unpopular candidate in that entire timeframe, after him of course) - https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/new/

There has to be a real fear of what could happen post-election, especially if Trump continues with the 'voting is rigged' notion afterwards. His entire campaign has been built on lies and nonsense which his supporters vehemently believe and agree with. Whatever happens that base is there to stay for the forseeable future, just like the Brexit poll brought out those on the far-right into the mainstream and gave them validation.

There has to be a real fear of what could happen post-election, especially if Trump continues with the 'voting is rigged' notion afterwards. His entire campaign has been built on lies and nonsense which his supporters vehemently believe and agree with. Whatever happens that base is there to stay for the forseeable future, just like the Brexit poll brought out those on the far-right into the mainstream and gave them validation.

He's so blowing it though.

I mean he had those people solidly in his corner way back after the primaries.

He's made no consistent effort to broaden his base bar saying 'what have you got to lose' to blank people.

I really think he's throwing it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

He's so blowing it though.

I mean he had those people solidly in his corner way back after the primaries.

He's made no consistent effort to broaden his base bar saying 'what have you got to lose' to blank people.

I really think he's throwing it at this stage.

Is it a case though that if he softened his tone somewhat after the primaries that he could lose that support bracket or end up coming across as another centerist candidate? And is he that delusional that he thinks he won the debates and is winning at the polls, or does he at this stage know that he's going to fail and is trying to harness this sort of right wing vote that he could wield influence on in future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Look at this absolute nonsense
    http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36992955

"The Dark depths of hatred for Hillary Clinton ... "

Few US presidential candidates have been disliked as much as Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. But attacks on Clinton in particular have sometimes crossed a line, displaying open hatred. Why?

Yeah - cos Hillary Clinton supporters are getting attacked by Trump suppporters all the time, cos people have tried to assaninate her at rallys .. cos students openly supporting her on University campuses in the USA are chased out ... oh wait ...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Are you trying to say that Trump fans don't hate Clinton? Because it's been no secret that pretty much all non-Trump fans openly hate him for quite some time now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Billy86 wrote: »
    Are you trying to say that Trump fans don't hate Clinton? Because it's been no secret that pretty much all non-Trump fans openly hate him for quite some time now.

They may hate her, but to say it reaches dark depths ?

The hatred for Trump is far far stronger based on real actions performed by the democrat supporters.

They may hate her, but to say it reaches dark depths ?

The hatred for Trump is far far stronger based on real actions performed by the democrat supporters.

I'd believe it: earlier this summer I had a senior engineer tell me very calmly - a former enlisted marine - that if he saw Bernie Sanders on the street, he wouldn't be emotional or anything about it but he would very calmly take out his sidearm and shoot him dead, for what he saw as a threat to the nation.

Made him somewhat uncomfortable to work with after that.

Actual photo of Trump today trying to prove that women still support him and that he's not a total creep..

399060.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 35,964 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Cnn breaking news that Trump has assaulted women.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,964 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Good old CNN
    Media has been told to take him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,453 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Good old CNN
    Media has been told to take him out.

It is all CNNs fault, the stuff he has said on tape, the racist comments, the sexist comments. All of it.

Trump is the poor soul in all of this.

trumps words are out to get him again

http://www.mediaite.com/online/i-heard-you-conway-snaps-at-cnn-anchor-during-segment-on-trumps-predatory-behavior/

Listen to pageant contestants talk about that..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

There is growing evidence from the leaked emails of HRC campaign collusion with the media, notably one email talking about getting to 'tee up' stories and getting given questions beforehand.

For example Fox has this report on a leaked Donna Brazile emails to the HRC campaign, where she says that from time to time she gets to see CNN questions beforehand.

The leaked emails also show that the NY York Times gave Clinton a veto on quotes in stories about her campaign in return for access.

• Advertisement

In addition to Paegant contestants, above - where paegant contestants accuse Trump of walking in on them naked, deliberately, while their bosses told them to walk up to him and be flirty, and audio of him on Howard Stern corroborates that (http://www.mediaite.com/online/former-teen-beauty-queens-claim-trump-walked-in-on-them-while-they-were-naked/) - there have been a slew of allegations coming out against him now.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/10/11/former-beauty-queen-she-other-contestants-were-forced-to-greet-trump-even-when-not-fully-dressed/
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicagarrison/we-were-all-naked-when-donald-trump-walked-in?utm_term=.usgXXD8kV#.uiW33Zav2
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/kendalltaggart/teen-beauty-queens-say-trump-walked-in-on-them-changing?utm_term=.gm100NE6P#.nsxrrKZ9m
    “I’ll go backstage and everyone’s getting dressed, and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it. You know, I’m inspecting because I want to make sure that everything is good. And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that.”

Temple Taggart - Fmr Miss Utah about kissing on the mouth without consent
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/fmr-miss-utah-recalls-trump-kissing-her-on-the-lips-without-consent/

Natasha Stoynoff - Writer for people magazine recalls having tongue shoved down her throat
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/trump-was-forcing-his-tongue-down-my-throat-people-writer-recalls-closed-door-encounter/

Mindy McGillivray - A woman in Florida who was at his resort 13 years ago, was groped by the candidate
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/donald-just-grabbed-my-ass-florida-woman-accuses-trump-of-inappropriate-conduct/

Jessica Leeds and Rachel Crooks - both recall their assaults
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/it-was-an-assault-two-women-speak-out-about-trump-touching-them-inappropriately/

Jill Harth accused him in the 1990s, just this year Trump used intimidation tactics and lawyers to shut her up
    http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/turns-out-donald-trump-attacked-woman-who-accused-him-of-sexual-assault-this-year/

The Trump camp is apparently preparing to retaliate with legal action against all of them and threaten lawsuits against anyone coming forward or reporting on it
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/anyone-speaking-out-against-or-publishing-stories-on-trump-better-lawyer-up-campaign-says/

even though the Trump camp has declared it wants to turn Bill Clinton into Bill Cosby - http://www.mediaite.com/online/trump-campaign-unveils-plan-to-smear-bill-clinton-were-going-to-turn-him-into-bill-cosby/ so the thought of lawsuits is laughable.

In addition, Trump has been captured on an old video in 1992 saying of a 10-year old, "I'll be dating her in 10 years"
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/donald-trump-told-a-young-girl-hed-be-dating-her-in-10-years/

If it was just the accusations, I could definitely understand people being skeptical, or blaming the media, or whatever, but when you have his own words to corroborate this, it's hard to justify.
    “I moved on her and I failed. I’ll admit it, I did try and **** her. She was married, I moved on her like a bitch, but I couldn’t get there. And she was married,”

“I just start kissing them, It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. And when you’re a star they let you do it, grab them by the pussy, you can do anything.””
    “I’m going to be dating her in ten years. Can you believe it?”
    “It would be really disappointing — not really — but it would depend on what’s inside the magazine. I don’t think Ivanka would do that, although she does have a very nice figure. I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”

Advertisement