Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The biased Media vs Trump!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Water John wrote: »
    What are you forecasting? A madder version of Fox!!!

Yep, have you ever seen Breit(((hals)))Bart, the site his campaign CEO Stephen Bannon runs and his main backer Robert Mercer finances?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

Overheal wrote: »
    In addition to Paegant contestants, above - where paegant contestants accuse Trump of walking in on them naked, deliberately, while their bosses told them to walk up to him and be flirty, and audio of him on Howard Stern corroborates that (http://www.mediaite.com/online/former-teen-beauty-queens-claim-trump-walked-in-on-them-while-they-were-naked/) - there have been a slew of allegations coming out against him now.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/10/11/former-beauty-queen-she-other-contestants-were-forced-to-greet-trump-even-when-not-fully-dressed/
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicagarrison/we-were-all-naked-when-donald-trump-walked-in?utm_term=.usgXXD8kV#.uiW33Zav2
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/kendalltaggart/teen-beauty-queens-say-trump-walked-in-on-them-changing?utm_term=.gm100NE6P#.nsxrrKZ9m

Temple Taggart - Fmr Miss Utah about kissing on the mouth without consent
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/fmr-miss-utah-recalls-trump-kissing-her-on-the-lips-without-consent/

Natasha Stoynoff - Writer for people magazine recalls having tongue shoved down her throat
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/trump-was-forcing-his-tongue-down-my-throat-people-writer-recalls-closed-door-encounter/

Mindy McGillivray - A woman in Florida who was at his resort 13 years ago, was groped by the candidate
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/donald-just-grabbed-my-ass-florida-woman-accuses-trump-of-inappropriate-conduct/

Jessica Leeds and Rachel Crooks - both recall their assaults
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/it-was-an-assault-two-women-speak-out-about-trump-touching-them-inappropriately/

Jill Harth accused him in the 1990s, just this year Trump used intimidation tactics and lawyers to shut her up
    http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/turns-out-donald-trump-attacked-woman-who-accused-him-of-sexual-assault-this-year/

The Trump camp is apparently preparing to retaliate with legal action against all of them and threaten lawsuits against anyone coming forward or reporting on it
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/anyone-speaking-out-against-or-publishing-stories-on-trump-better-lawyer-up-campaign-says/

even though the Trump camp has declared it wants to turn Bill Clinton into Bill Cosby - http://www.mediaite.com/online/trump-campaign-unveils-plan-to-smear-bill-clinton-were-going-to-turn-him-into-bill-cosby/ so the thought of lawsuits is laughable.

In addition, Trump has been captured on an old video in 1992 saying of a 10-year old, "I'll be dating her in 10 years"
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/donald-trump-told-a-young-girl-hed-be-dating-her-in-10-years/

If it was just the accusations, I could definitely understand people being skeptical, or blaming the media, or whatever, but when you have his own words to corroborate this, it's hard to justify.
    Yes but a TV presenter who is also a psychologist and Trump supporter was on CNN this morning on the pageant allegations. She said its been confirmed that a announcement phone announced beforehand Trump would be entering the changing room later on and that presumably they were expected to be dressed by then. As the psychologist said, if they weren't then why was that?

We also need to bear in mind that the culture was very different 25 years ago in terms of what was and was not considered acceptable sexual behaviour between adults. So are we judging past events by contemporary standards?

And while the comments to the 10 year old were weird, it was in the context of 10 years later when she would have been 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Who's this TV presenter/psychologist, Ozymandius2011?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Very timely this coming out now ...

Anyway, RIP to all those millions of people that will die in the coming years due to Hillarys incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,357 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I'm an old geezer, but it would never have been acceptable to walk into the girls dressing room or indeed locker room.

But its the unwanted without warning advances and his coarseness.

Lots of politicians, in many countries have affairs or lets say a fondness for women but its not an activity or trait that disqualifies them from office.
    That is not what DT was doing. He had no respect for women.

Cowboy Builder, were you hoping to get the Wall contract?

• Advertisement

Water John wrote: »
    I'm an old geezer, but it would never have been acceptable to walk into the girls dressing room or indeed locker room.

But its the unwanted without warning advances and his coarseness.

Lots of politicians, in many countries have affairs or lets say a fondness for women but its not an activity or trait that disqualifies them from office.
    That is not what DT was doing. He had no respect for women.

Cowboy Builder, were you hoping to get the Wall contract?

:D:D:D !! Nice one!!

I wonder how accurate these stories are of walking in to dressing rooms ?
    There is some spin on this for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

:D:D:D !! Nice one!!

I wonder how accurate these stories are of walking in to dressing rooms ?
    There is some spin on this for sure

Trump himself said it happened. Seems pretty accurate.

Theres a difference between him walking in to a room, not really aware of what he's going to see and walking in with the intention of seeing naked women - really ?

Does he really need to do this, a man of his wealth wouldn't need to be so desperate.

Probably just innocently walked in - as was everybody in the crew ..

Who's this TV presenter/psychologist, Ozymandius2011?
    It was on this morning so it might be repeated. I don't know her name never heard of her before. She presents a show according to the label on the screen. Dont know if its a radio of TV show, but in the US the broadcast media is dominated by liberals, while talk radio is largely conservative.

Theres a difference between him walking in to a room, not really aware of what he's going to see and walking in with the intention of seeing naked women - really ?

Does he really need to do this, a man of his wealth wouldn't need to be so desperate.

That's not how he presented it to Howard Stern. He was quite clear on what he was going to see, and that it was a perk of running the pageant.
    "You know, no men are anywhere. And I'm allowed to go in because I'm the owner of the pageant. And therefore I'm inspecting it... Is everyone OK? You know, they're standing there with no clothes. And you see these incredible-looking women. And so I sort of get away with things like that"

So, yeah - he's seemingly that desperate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

“You know they’re standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women. And so I sort of get away with things like that.”

Quote from Trump himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

alastair wrote: »
    That's not how he presented it to Howard Stern. He was quite clear on what he was going to see, and that it was a perk of running the pagent.

"I’ll tell you the funniest is that I’ll go backstage before a show and everyone’s getting dressed ... No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it…. 'Is everyone OK'? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. 'Is everybody OK?'" Trump is heard saying in the recording. "And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that."

Trump talking to Howard Stern on his show

hmmmm listening to NewsTalk now and hearing this .... can't really defend saying I will be dating one of these girls in 10 years time - to 10 year olds :o

Ah well , it was a good run while it lasted, lets hope Hillary is impeached..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

“You know they’re standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women. And so I sort of get away with things like that.”

Quote from Trump himself.

That doesn't mean he knew there'd be women in the nip in there and he barged right in. It could mean that he walked in and he wasn't immediately frogwalked outta there or worse like what would happen if it was anybody but him!

What will people talk about when all this election is over? Will they still need their fix of Trump hatchet jobs and taken things he says out of context?

They'll be left with Hillary in charge, and then they'll see their folly of giving her the leg-up into office. She's going to make the world, including our own here in Ireland, a very dark place. Shame on you who won't make this election a fair fight!

Whatever happens, its been a horrible negative campaign, mudslinging on both sides.

Each candidate is a joke - I just see HRC as worse.

I'd like to think 2020 will offer 2 good candidates from each party that will battle it out on their own strengths rather then each others weaknesses.

But this is moon talk..

ligerdub wrote: »
    What will people talk about when all this election is over? Will they still need their fix of Trump hatchet jobs and taken things he says out of context?

They'll be left with Hillary in charge, and then they'll see their folly of giving her the leg-up into office. She's going to make the world, including our own here in Ireland, a very dark place. Shame on you who won't make this election a fair fight!

I thought everything was going to go to hell in a hand basket with the Obama presidency? False alarm and now Hillary's is going to be the administration of doom?

In reality, she's a vanilla candidate with no evidence of any real diversions outside mainstream US political consensus, bar being a tad more enthusiastic about some sort of affordable healthcare akin to every other developed nation in the world. Pretty tepid stuff for such a scary candidate.

Everything has gone to hell in a hand basket under Obama!

Everything has gone to hell in a hand basket under Obama!

Nope. It hasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,287 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

There's clearly something fundamentally wrong with the American political system, two dreadful candidates. Better luck next time I guess, hopefully we'll still be here to experience it.

• Advertisement

alastair wrote: »
    Nope. It hasn't.

Yes. It has.

See ?

Interesting point of view. I was quite positive about Obama's appointment to that office 8 years ago. Being negative about Clinton has nothing to do with the narrative that the **** will hit the fan when Obama was appointed......quite the opposite was the consensus back then if you cast your mind back. As a matter of fact I doubt if there has ever been a President in recent memory elected with such fanfare and well wishes. You might disagree, but really I think if you believe that you are being extremely blinkered! At least he had built up his profile his own way anyway, not riding on the coattails of somebody else, like Hillary has done.

As for what he has ended up achieving in office, well I'll ignore his economic record as it's largely of no interest to me here in Ireland. I couldn't really care less about his policy on health insurance and that sort of stuff. What is of interest here is his policy on foreign relations and how it impacts on the rest of the world, including ourselves. I dare say he scores quite poorly in this regard. Let us not forget the borderline race war that is happening under his watch, one which has threatened to go international, and one which is without reasonable basis. As with anything that isn't about LGBT rights or the like he has proven to be extremely weak.

You might think that Hillary is a vanilla candidate, but what sort of vanilla candidate laughs on camera about the rape and subsequent murder of an African head of state? Let us consider her part in destabilising North Africa back in 2011, and the knock-on impact of supporting the rebels in Libya, those who were clearly terrorists from the outset. Her views on Palestine are, if you excuse the irony, deplorable! This is a person who basically stood back and left Israel bomb the **** out of innocent civilians. Now you might say "what's this got to do with the US?", the answer would be nothing at all but for the obvious backing she's giving to Israel in the process. She backs Israel because they back her, that's the sort of deal these career politicians make! The policies she has followed have directly fed into the crisis that engulfs Europe now, and if you want to be pedantic about it you could partially attribute Brexit to the mix there. As a final topping to this **** sandwich let us now throw in the fact that US-Russian relations are at a 30 year low at this point. She offers herself up as this feminist icon, a hero to LGBT people, but is in fact willing to do sweetheart deals with states which treat women in a manner that would make a sane individual wince, and she has historically been a downright opponent to gay marriage. There is literally nothing about her which suggests to me she is going to be anything but a disaster, and it's clear as day she will be the next person in the seat at this point. I'd apportion blame to Obama for pretty much all of the above too! I'd add in his disastrous input into the Brexit debate.

She's a monster, with no regard for human life, a vile woman. A vanilla candidate she is not!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

I'd like to think 2020 will offer 2 good candidates from each party that will battle it out on their own strengths rather then each others weaknesses.
    But this is moon talk..
    Don't hold your breath waiting for good candidates .It's gonna be HC looking for a 2ND term versus GOP nominee . And bringing the crazy seems to be an effective way of earning that nomination.

Interesting point of view. I was quite positive about Obama's appointment to that office 8 years ago. Being negative about Clinton has nothing to do with the narrative that the **** will hit the fan when Obama was appointed......quite the opposite was the consensus back then if you cast your mind back.
    My memory is sound.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/aug/31/uselections2008.barackobama
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Wright_controversy
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ayers_2008_presidential_election_controversy
    You might think that Hillary is a vanilla candidate, but what sort of vanilla candidate laughs on camera about the rape and subsequent murder of an African head of state?
    By which you mean the murderous dictator Ghadaffi - responsible for years of death and torture? Sure - she was happy the man's reign of terror was over. Did you also see the glee at which the broader public greeted the death of Bin Laden? people generally approve of the end of tyranny. She made no reference to the rape of Ghadaffi btw - so no idea where that's coming from?
    Let us consider her part in destabilising North Africa back in 2011, and the knock-on impact of supporting the rebels in Libya, those who were clearly terrorists from the outset.
    Clearly? Nope - the opposition to Ghadaffi encompassed many different strands of ideology - the actual party that the US supported was the National Transitional Council - a group recognised internationally as the legitimate representative body in Libya - with representation at the UN.
    Her views on Palestine are, if you excuse the irony, deplorable! This is a person who basically stood back and left Israel bomb the **** out of innocent civilians.
    Yep. She holds pretty much the default position to Israel that all mainstream US politicians do: she's no worse that the alternatives in that regard.
    Now you might say "what's this got to do with the US?", the answer would be nothing at all but for the obvious backing she's giving to Israel in the process. She backs Israel because they back her, that's the sort of deal these career politicians make!
    And why does Trump support Israel?

The policies she has followed have directly fed into the crisis that engulfs Europe now, and if you want to be pedantic about it you could partially attribute Brexit to the mix there.
    Pedantic, and utterly off the mark. Hillary had nothing to do with Brexit, nor indeed with the refugee crisis as a consequence of the Middle East situation.

As a final topping to this **** sandwich let us now throw in the fact that US-Russian relations are at a 30 year low at this point.
    Which has got what to do with Hillary, exactly?
    She offers herself up as this feminist icon, a hero to LGBT people, but is in fact willing to do sweetheart deals with states which treat women in a manner that would make a sane individual wince, and she has historically been a downright opponent to gay marriage. There is literally nothing about her which suggests to me she is going to be anything but a disaster, and it's clear as day she will be the next person in the seat at this point. I'd apportion blame to Obama for pretty much all of the above too! I'd add in his disastrous input into the Brexit debate.
    Disastrous in what respect? You think anyone voted on the back of Obama's position?

She's a monster, with no regard for human life, a vile woman. A vanilla candidate she is not!
    If you paint her a monster on the back of this list of red herrings, then I guess, but in the real world, she's actually the embodiment of mainstream US politics, and about as dangerous as John Kerry or John McCain. I've no difficulty with anyone criticising the mainstream US hegemony and interference, but she's the norm within that, not the exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,524 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Yes but a TV presenter who is also a psychologist and Trump supporter was on CNN this morning on the pageant allegations. She said its been confirmed that a announcement phone announced beforehand Trump would be entering the changing room later on and that presumably they were expected to be dressed by then. As the psychologist said, if they weren't then why was that?

We also need to bear in mind that the culture was very different 25 years ago in terms of what was and was not considered acceptable sexual behaviour between adults. So are we judging past events by contemporary standards?

And while the comments to the 10 year old were weird, it was in the context of 10 years later when she would have been 20.

So video of Jimmy Saville touching girls and kissing them decades ago doesn't creep you out?

So video of Jimmy Saville touching girls and kissing them decades ago doesn't creep you out?
    Don't be putting words in my mouth of course not. No evidence Trump did that to anyone who was underage

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You might think that Hillary is a vanilla candidate, but what sort of vanilla candidate laughs on camera about the rape and subsequent murder of an African head of state?
    was gadaffi raped?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,287 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Overheal wrote: »
    was gadaffi raped?

with a knife apparently

Don't be putting words in my mouth of course not. No evidence Trump did that to anyone who was underage

Except ogle them while they were undressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I cant even listen to Lostprophets anymore.

Advertisement