Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The biased Media vs Trump!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,287 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Overheal wrote: »
    I cant even listen to Lostprophets anymore.

you're not missing much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

alastair wrote: »
    Except ogle them while they were undressed.
    A Trump supporter who is also a TV presenter (forgot her name) was on CNN this morning and she said the loudspeaker gave them advance notice he was coming into the room presumably so they had a chance to get dressed,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

A Trump supporter who is also a TV presenter (forgot her name) was on CNN this morning and she said the loudspeaker gave them advance notice he was coming into the room presumably so they had a chance to get dressed,

The girls say otherwise. I know who I believe. It's not the Trump spin doctor.

http://www.thewrap.com/donald-trump-naked-miss-usa-contestants-miss-arizona-tasha-dixon/

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Trump surrogate Katrina Pierson had to dig deep into the googles to try and disprove one of the NYT stories about being groped on a plane, attempting to argue that fold-up armrests were not a technological feature of 1980s aircraft.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-guest-cant-contain-his-laughter-at-katrina-piersons-trump-defense/

I've seen some stretches before but that's impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Trump surrogate Katrina Pierson had to dig deep into the googles to try and disprove one of the NYT stories about being groped on a plane, attempting to argue that fold-up armrests were not a technological feature of 1980s aircraft.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-guest-cant-contain-his-laughter-at-katrina-piersons-trump-defense/

I've seen some stretches before but that's impressive

All the panelists save one were at least giggling at her, if not out and out laughing.

At least she wasn't wearing her bullet necklace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I have to laugh at the Irish media. Can't think for themselves and can't provide both sides of the story. Like sheep.

George Hook is the exception.

Anyone who starts a sentence with "most right minded people" or " I'm sure you will agree" is a person whose opinion is to be avoided in my view.

ebbsy wrote: »
    I have to laugh at the Irish media. Can't think for themselves and can't provide both sides of the story. Like sheep.

Sometimes there is no 'other side to the story'. Or bizarrely concocted distractions from the story that don't warrant any coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

George just takes the contrarian view for the ratings, he's the talk show equivalent of Dunphy on football.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Don't be putting words in my mouth of course not. No evidence Trump did that to anyone who was underage

Ex pet for that court case he has starting on December 16th for raping a 13 year old girl in 1994.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Billy86 wrote: »
    Ex pet for that court case he has starting on December 16th for raping a 13 year old girl in 1994.

Link before you accuse the man of rape.

• Advertisement

Rush Limbaugh: "Here come the rape police"

http://www.mediaite.com/online/__trashed-42/

About a week ago my old man posted high praise for this pundit's intelligence and how more people should listen to him.

When I tagged him in this today he told me to never tag him in anything political ever again.

His original post has since been removed :)

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Link before you accuse the man of rape.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/trump-to-head-to-court-in-december-for-allegedly-tying-up-and-raping-a-13-year-old-girl-report/

There you go.

Using the same standards as conservatives against Bill and Hillary: he raped a 13 year old girl. There. "but allegedly" where was allegedly when it suited your agenda?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Rush Limbaugh: "Here come the rape police"

http://www.mediaite.com/online/__trashed-42/

About a week ago my old man posted high praise for this pundit's intelligence and how more people should listen to him.

When I tagged him in this today he told me to never tag him in anything political ever again.

His original post has since been removed :)

Is that real life?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Is that real life?

Real life!

That's the thing: it's not that there aren't media outlets trying their hardest to defend Donald Trump - the problem is that he is so hard to defend, you have to do things like mock sexual consent in order to pull it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Real life!

That's the thing: it's not that there aren't media outlets trying their hardest to defend Donald Trump - the problem is that he is so hard to defend, you have to do things like mock sexual consent in order to pull it off.

"Pull it off" God I'm have a teenage boys humour.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/trump-to-head-to-court-in-december-for-allegedly-tying-up-and-raping-a-13-year-old-girl-report/

There you go.

Using the same standards as conservatives against Bill and Hillary: he raped a 13 year old girl. There. "but allegedly" where was allegedly when it suited your agenda?

I accept your link as fact. All I ask is for links to be provided from a genuine source. Their is a lot of propaganda in the media issued by the Clinton's to smear Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

****ing hell :eek:

Real life!

In fairness, Rush Limbaugh doesn't need the platform of Trump to spout complete nonsense. He's set himself up in that market a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I accept your link as fact. All I ask is for links to be provided from a genuine source. Their is a lot of propaganda in the media issued by the Clinton's to smear Trump.

Are you saying that you didn't know about trumps upcoming rape trial?

There's precious little been levelled against Trump that isn't based on actual policy, statements, or his record. I can't think of a single claim from the Clinton camp that's not derived from actual Trump home-grown idiocy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

Billy86 wrote: »
    There is a culture of rape-lawsuits against US celebrities which are usually false. One of the reasons is that the US defamation laws are notoriously weak for public figures.

For example before the 2012 Congressional elections, a false story was thrown around about Senator Bob Menendez. Later on the women involved admitted being paid to make the allegations.

Fair enough. The announcement on the court date has done the rounds for a week on various outlets so I've gone to taking it as general knowledge

There's precious little been levelled against Trump that isn't based on actual policy, statements, or his record. I can't think of a single claim from the Clinton camp that's not derived from actual Trump home-grown idiocy.

The media is so far connected to Clinton that every story is geared towards accepting as fact complete falsehoods. Hillary has lied her hat off getting elected and of course the media are backing her to the hill.

For example before the 2012 Congressional elections, a false story was thrown around about Senator Bob Menendez. Later on the women involved admitted being paid to make the allegations.

Interesting. Maybe rape accusers should be audited? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/12/donald-trump-jeffrey-epstein-alleged-rape-lawsuit

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/federal-judge-orders-hearing-in-donald-trump-rape-lawsuit-case/

The media is so far connected to Clinton that every story is geared towards accepting as fact complete falsehoods.
    Any actual evidence to support this contention? Which Clinton story that was false has been presented as fact? Specifics please.
    Hillary has lied her hat off getting elected and of course the media are backing her to the hill.
    She's certainly got more support from journalists. Same is true for many other groups - the better educated for instance.

Any actual evidence to support this contention? Which Clinton story that was false has been presented as fact? Specifics please.

She's certainly got more support from journalists. Same is true for many other groups - the better educated for instance.

Hillary Clinton has claimed that Trump has been inciting violence at his stadiums. We know this not to be true because the Sanders supporters and the Black Life Matters also conducted non police action in America. The claim been made is that the violence is coordinated and sponsored by Trump. No pattern has been established and Clinton's attempts to smear him is just that. In the minds of most Americans Trump will be synonymous with violence whereas the other violent protestors who were anti Republicans get off the hook. No foul play on the part of the Clinton's. The fact is Clinton is using the violence to attack Trump and accuse him of terrifying the people. The police deal with lawlessness not the Clinton's who feel free to pronounce judgement on their rival politician.

Hillary Clinton has claimed that Trump has been inciting violence at his stadiums.
    Well he was.
    http://mashable.com/2016/03/12/trump-rally-incite-violence/#ahsp7cJ4IiqP
    We know this not to be true because the Sanders supporters and the Black Life Matters also conducted non police action in America.
    Scuse me? Can you parse this out?
    The claim been made is that the violence is coordinated and sponsored by Trump.
    Really? When and where did Hillary make this claim?
    No pattern has been established and Clinton's attempts to smear him is just that. In the minds of most Americans Trump will be synonymous with violence whereas the other violent protestors who were anti Republicans get off the hook. No foul play on the part of the Clinton's. The fact is Clinton is using the violence to attack Trump and accuse him of terrifying the people. The police deal with lawlessness not the Clinton's who feel free to pronounce judgement on their rival politician.
    Those Americans who associated Trump with violence will have done so because of his statements, not anything Clinton claimed.

Hillary Clinton has claimed that Trump has been inciting violence at his stadiums. We know this not to be true because the Sanders supporters and the Black Life Matters also conducted non police action in America. The claim been made is that the violence is coordinated and sponsored by Trump. No pattern has been established and Clinton's attempts to smear him is just that. In the minds of most Americans Trump will be synonymous with violence whereas the other violent protestors who were anti Republicans get off the hook. No foul play on the part of the Clinton's. The fact is Clinton is using the violence to attack Trump and accuse him of terrifying the people. The police deal with lawlessness not the Clinton's who feel free to pronounce judgement on their rival politician.

I think you're establishing a strawman argument here,

The facts: Trump has incited violence at his rallies, by expressing desire to "knock the crap" out of people, "punch them in the face" "I'll pay the legal fees" - I could go on, in startling detail.

The strawman: Trump is coordinating an organized group of violent members, either a gang or otherwise, or that he is contracting people to commit violent acts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

How do you define 'presented?' You can argue that impropriety as part of the Whitewater events on behalf of the Clintons, was presented as fact yet disproved in a court of law. You can argue Trump saying HRC went after the women who Bill supposedly abused (supposedly - several recanted, several testified to the contrary, now that Trump's paying their stories are change yet again) is being presented as fact, yet false.

This is just one of many absolutely true things about the horrible Clintons shown to be, at best, false, and widely disseminated by the likes of the journalists at Fox as the truth.

I could go on... Travelgate...Filegate...Benghazi... "Presented as fact" yet false.

I think this article from Vox: http://www.vox.com/2015/7/6/8900143/hillary-clinton-reporting-rules really summarizes the media treatment she gets.

And lets not even start the false equivalence of how journalists treat them. Trump got away with phoning in to the Sunday news shows all election season - a massive disservice allowing that. He bans various notable news organizations from his entourage and events. He argues for reducing the scope of the first amendment to suit his needs, and you say Hillary gets better treatment from journalists? Journalists have been overly kind to Trump this whole cycle.

Advertisement