Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The biased Media vs Trump!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Clintons are sell outs. No one questions the fact they are worth half a billion . It makes no sense, she's a politician , basic wage. Obama is on what ? 250k a year ?
    Michelle and Obama want in on the Clinton deals and will sell out the people of America to get it .

And you know this how ???
    Trump is praised for his business "success" but the Clintons aren't allowed to be successful outside of politics ?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Clintons are sell outs. No one questions the fact they are worth half a billion . It makes no sense, she's a politician , basic wage. Obama is on what ? 250k a year ?
    Michelle and Obama want in on the Clinton deals and will sell out the people of America to get it .
    Any evidence of that? The Obamas seem like genuinely caring people, though many would disagree with their policy decisions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

And you know this how ???
    Trump is praised for his business "success" but the Clintons aren't allowed to be successful outside of politics ?

And to add to that, Trump's businesses appear to be beginning to collapse around him from his shenanigans over the last 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Like the 747 which had been flying for 10 years

First 747 was christened by Patricia Nixon (!) in 1970. I remember touring one at La Guardia airport in a school outing in the early 1970's, it was so impressive.

Finally flew one in business class in 2010 on a trip to Australia from LA. Awesome flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Good that the media are chasing these false claims up, no matter that Hillary accepts millions from a country where its legal to beat and rape your wife - lets focus on some woman that waited 35 years (and 1 month before a Presidential election) to come out with this BS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

https://twitter.com/_SidVerma/status/786614831604441088

Trump takes being called "a sexual predator" as a compliment.

Also how many women have come forward so far to talk about how Trump molested them - 10? 12?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Good that the media are chasing these false claims up, no matter that Hillary accepts millions from a country where its legal to beat and rape your wife - lets focus on some woman that waited 35 years (and 1 month before a Presidential election) to come out with this BS.

Trump has also been bailed out by the Saudis.

What is it with Trump fans absolutely insisting on attacking Clinton on points that their personal God is just as guilty of? It's really weird, shows how disconnected from reality they actually are, and shows the role that they have played in their false idol doing so poorly that not only is he losing the election by an absurd margin, but is coming over so badly that it is destroying has business empire.

Some people claim Trump is an agent intended to destroy the Republican party. Equally it can be said his fans come over as agents attempting to destroy Trumps own legitimacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Overheal wrote: »
    Any evidence of that? The Obamas seem like genuinely caring people, though many would disagree with their policy decisions

The Obamas are great salespeople, and **** all use at anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Also, to answer the question "why didn't they come forwared sooner?" The below is an account of what happened to a woman who said something Trump didn't like:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/04/sheena-monnin-donald-trump-miss-usa-lawsuit

TL/DR Miss Universe contestant hears that Trump hand-picks some of the finalists himself which is obviously against the rules of the competition, resigns her title in protest and is then sued by Trump in a $10 million dollar lawsuit in order to silence her.

In 2012, Monnin was completely blindsided by the lawsuit. “There was no way I could have afforded to pay that off and frankly, he had to have known that,” she said of Trump’s $10m suit. “I was just a normal person.” At 27, she had no legal experience or connections, and had never seen anything approaching that kind of money. She was still paying off her degree from the online university she attended, and making strides to grow a small business.

Unlike Trump, she did not come from privilege. Her family had to move every few years for her father’s business, work which took them to Florida, Texas, New York, Kentucky and the Carolinas before she was grown. Sometimes her parents would take in foster kids in the cities where they lived, but they never stayed anywhere long.

The three years she spent battling Trump and his lawyers she recalls as the most traumatic period of her life. Family helped keep her feeling grounded and protected, she said, but there were still mornings when she didn’t want to get out of bed. “My focus was getting through each day and getting through what was going on around me and understanding my options,” she said of that period. “Every day seemed to bring a new legal document that I didn’t understand, that I had to seek legal counsel on.”

As recently as last year, Trump’s lawyer Michael Cohen bragged to the Daily Beast about the time he “destroy[ed]” Monnin’s life. Attempting to intimidate a Beast reporter, Cohen said: “Do you want to destroy your life? It’s going to be my privilege to serve it to you on a silver platter like I did that idiot from Pennsylvania in Miss USA.” Monnin rebuffs the notion her life was destroyed, but concedes Trump succeeded in the short term and not just with regard to making her feel small and afraid. “There was this message being sent out to all the contestants: you better not say anything bad about us. And that’s how the other young ladies felt.” It may have worked: not one of the women whom Monnin said sent supportive messages after Trump attacked her came forward to defend her in public, though one did anonymously defend her story to Fox News.

It’s no secret that Trump is incredibly litigious. A recent investigation by USA Today tallied 3,500 lawsuits involving Trump. He gets sued quite a bit, but mostly he does the suing, filing 1,900 suits, including many – like the one against Monnin – for defamation. He has sued biographers, journalists, business partners, even an ex-wife and a Native American tribe, but he has threatened to sue even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

ebbsy wrote: »

Asides from pulling the country out of a serious recession, and finally implementing some manner of affordable healthcare. And killing the man who lead an attack on their country. The country is in a better state than they found it, which is how they'll be judged.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

alastair wrote: »
    Lovely, but really nothing to do with why you're trying to pass off twaddle as relevant to anything under discussion.

You're showing nothing but your own ignorance here.

Asides from pulling the country out of a serious recession, and finally implementing some manner of affordable healthcare. And killing the man who lead an attack on their country. The country is in a better state than they found it, which is how they'll be judged.

Now that is twaddle. No mention of drones in your eulogy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Has anyone here seen The View which is a US programme? It has to be one of the most biased programmes I have ever seen. They don't even try and hide the bias they have against Trump. I could not see such bias like that here in the UK or Ireland when an election campaign is ongoing.

Has anyone here seen The View which is a US programme? It has to be one of the most biased programmes I have ever seen. They don't even try and hide the bias they have against Trump. I could not see such bias like that here in the UK or Ireland when an election campaign is ongoing.

It's a reflection of everywhere. Look at this for a headline:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/13/clinton-california-calls-landslide-victory-trump-bigotry-bullying

Full court press against Trump. He cannot be allowed to win plain and simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dissed doc

ebbsy wrote: »

Not true,

Obama has brokered the most weapons trade than any other Us administration since ww2.

He is investing more in nuclear arms than any previous US administration

A vote for Barack was a vote for weapons. A vote for Hillary, is a vote to use them...

As a matter of interest can anyone post to any links on any of the main news sites in the past 2-3 weeks which have shown any balance?

Another gem from today and an attempt to smear wikileaks. As their spokesman says in the article that they would publish about Trump if any came to light.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/oct/14/wiileaks-from-liberal-beacon-to-a-prop-for-trump-what-has-happened

Hillary fans - i guess you think wikileaks is a craven Russia-friendly Trump machine now? The Guardian said so, in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dissed doc

I agree - and like I mentioned above, Obama has been great for the Weapons trade and also nuclear arms production. The US is currently making more new nuclear weapons than ever.

It is a great time to be alive. Hillary with her fingers on Obama's warhead is a dream come true for many Democrat supporters. "if your policies are disliked by other people, then kill other people and not your policies" is the Clinton motto. Democrat 4 Eva....

Don't back a losing horse like Trump.

Peist2007 wrote: »

It's a reflection of everywhere. Look at this for a headline:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/13/clinton-california-calls-landslide-victory-trump-bigotry-bullying

Full court press against Trump. He cannot be allowed to win plain and simple.
    Of course, the election is rigged and has been for months. Trump doesn't help himself but the media have their own agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

alastair wrote:

Not to mention the fact that the country is in the middle of a race war......

America is in no way better now than 8 years ago.

People are priced out of reasonable healthcare.

There are more guns on the streets now than under ANY other administration in the history of the USA.

There are more Americans killed every year by police than American soldiers killed at war.......

America is at the brink and claiming Obama's new slogan should be "yes we can" but we just won't.

More soldiers at war than before he went into power.

More spent on weapons domestic and abroad than before.......

I could go on but it's too long a list

Of course, the election is rigged and has been for months. Trump doesn't help himself but the media have their own agenda.

I am just wondering why all this is necessary given that Trump is so clearly a terrible candidate.

• Advertisement

Mr.H wrote: »

There are more guns on the streets now than under ANY other administration in the history of the USA.

There are more Americans killed every year by police than American soldiers killed at war.......

America is at the brink and claiming Obama's new slogan should be "yes we can" but we just won't.

I saw John Oliver the other night just throw into a sentence casually that Obama was "a great president". Thought that was very odd given he has been a weakling domestically and in foreign affairs for much of his time. History will be written that Obama was a great President.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Peist2007 wrote: »
    I saw John Oliver the other night just throw into a sentence casually that Obama was "a great president". Thought that was very odd given he has been a weakling domestically and in foreign affairs for much of his time. History will be written that Obama was a great President.

He has been significantly better on both fronts than his predecessor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

dissed doc wrote: »
    Not true,

Obama has brokered the most weapons trade than any other Us administration since ww2.

He is investing more in nuclear arms than any previous US administration

A vote for Barack was a vote for weapons. A vote for Hillary, is a vote to use them...

If he is investing more in nuclear arms how is the US nuclear stockpile reducing? Is the investment in disposing of wareheads?

Calina wrote: »
    He has been significantly better on both fronts than his predecessor.

Not what we were talking about,.

Trump should stay on leading the Republican vote base even if he doesn't win and just run again in 4 years time. Just keep at it.

Who has the moral authority to call her on that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Bush,_House_of_Saud
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/09/time-donald-trump-called-saudi-arabia-good-place-get-divorce
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/exclusive-donald-trump-made-millions-saudi-government-article-1.2777211

At the risk of invoking Godwin, do you think Hitler should get an impartial interview on a Jewish daytime television show?

Why do you think a panel of empowered celebrity women would be partial in any way to Donald Trump?

8 years ago we were already in the downfall period of the financial crisis. Today, the markets are in a strong position of growth.

Just one way we are better now; the claim is indefensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

No it's not.
    It is, by many measures.
    More people than ever before are covered by some form of health insurance.
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/190484/uninsured-rate-lowest-eight-year-trend.aspx
    That's been the case for every previous administration too. Americans like gathering guns around them.
    Speaks to the reduction in Americans being killed in wars, doesn't it?
    It's not on the brink of anything other than hyperbole.
    Not true. Both US military deployed to war zones and US military casualties are lower under Obama than they were under Bush.
    Obama hasn't any role in domestic weapons purchased - aside from constantly being undermined by Republicans in attempts to limit domestic gun sales.
    Of erroneous points. Yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Anybody want Trump to win, simply to beat the haters, the biased tv show hosts in America trying to ruin his campaign, the biased news stations all against him! Say what you like about him, the guy tells it like it is according to him.. he doesn't sugarcoat. Much of what he says too, is true and right, but too many people are on a bandwagon against him, not willing to agree, just to conform with others. Hilary Clinton is corrupt... yet the media let's her have a pass on that .. the email scandals for one thing.. Fox news has trumps side, but not sure if any others do . Way too many people on the bandwagon.. Trump says a lot of things that are correct

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Advertisement